CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Empty
PostSubject: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 2:58 pm

DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU STILL WANT TO BE SURPRISED ON MONDAY!!!!!!!

~
~`
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

~
~~~~~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~~~
~

~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~
~

Apparently, Vince reinstating Cena but placing the "him getting fired" if Punk wins stip is completely true. Here's video proof.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=BZ5blwYdg38

I'm starting to get excited for this.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 8:59 pm

Guess who was wrong?

That's right. It was me.

Admitted now so that I don't have to later.

(although of course I did say I probably was wrong to begin with. Now it's confirmed. Razz )
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeSun Jul 03, 2011 12:32 am

Still going to be interesting to see where they go with it. Of course they killed any doubt about it being a work when they replayed the promo on Smackdown this week.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 12:42 am

There's still people out there that think this is real. Saw a comment along those lines on the wrestling game this morning!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 5:10 am

90% of this week's RAW angle with Punk/Vince/Cen was excellent. More shoot near the knuckle comments "The only time WWE is mentioned in mainstream media is when someone dies" and more blasting of WWE management. It was all going so well.

And then Cena came out.

And he tried, God love him he tried, but it just didn't work - not least because, in his own home town, he was being booed and Punk was becoming the face. His claims that he hated Vince at times and wanted to smash his face in just don't ring true for a guy who is a corporate creation like Cena is, and the ending in which Punk accused Cena of being exactly that was a weak way to finish, because who could possibly disagree? Cena is 100% corporate. No-one is going to believe that is what Cena always hated.

It just seemed a bit flat. I think Punk needs to cut a scathing promo on Cena on Sunday, recoling from saying Cena has BECOME a corporate puppet, and saying he always was - unlike a guy like Punk who has had to fight tooth and claw.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:02 am

I also agree in the thought that the "I don't like McMahon either" comment was a load of horse shit.

You don't just say that, when you're the company man. And I don't mean that as "that's a thing you just don't say", I mean "that's a load of bullshit that no one is ever going to believe."

In the eyes of that crowd it made John Cena look like a Nazi officer using the excuse "I'm only following orders" and it absolutely does. not. work.

Cena was clearly booed like hell during that whole thing, and the idea that this whole thing is a "worked" way of letting these people play out characters in the real world supposedly saying things that they really believe....

It makes Cena look like the biggest tool imaginable.

So I completely agree. Even on Youtube as I watched this, 99% of the comments said that when John Cena's music hit, it was like a complete and utter buzzkill of the energy that was going on in the ring.

John Cena, much like what most of the WWE's over-14 audience already thinks, is that John Cena being thrown in everywhere, every 10 minutes ruins everything, and that's exactly what happened here.

It's certainly not helping Cena ingratiate himself to the fans, but again as everyone is saying "CM Punk was the audience general that night because he is saying what everyone naturally believes is the truth and they were responding to it with cheers."

His crowd chants were long and perceptive, and even got a Colt Cabana chant.

Now, mind you, this is someone that 99% of WWE's current audience has little to no idea who this person is, and they were chanting this name, because CM Punk barely brought him to their attention. That's astoundingly impressive and WWE would be stupid not to even notice it.

CM Punk is obviously the person that has everything that John Cena lacks right now when it comes to everything that the talent leader and #1 guy (that is to say, someone in Cena's current position for the last several years) of the WWE needs to be, or has the ability to be. Especially the way the crowd and the general perception of the world of this wrestling company in general has towards it.

And you know what? This brings up something bold that i'm going to say:

John Cena is old hat. John Cena has already become the Hogan of the WWE. But his time is already up. It's been up for a long time, and the crowds and majority fans outside of 11-year olds do not respond to him.

The Internet Wrestling Community (which people can say what they want about it, it IS the life blood of the WWE, not kids buying t-shirts that will grow out of the product in 3 years the way it's going) has hated Cena for a long time, and THEY pin him as the poster boy of everything that is stale and wrong with the company already. Whether the WWE thinks the community is wrong or right, they're the majority.

They do need to learn the phrase "the customer is always right."

If John Cena wants to correct his current strategy, he needs to do the decent thing and pass the torch to CM Punk at the PPV after this.

I believe this now more than ever. Because the WWE is a company that needs to evolve and be able to put fresh faces on top, instead of consistently putting it all on the shoulders of one man for all eternity.

Torches have to be passed, and new generations have to continue. Hogan was infamous for NOT doing these things, For being a glory hog. For having this self-centered "the world will revole around me for the rest of my life" attitude.

If John Cena wants to break out from this perception that has caused the WWE to become unpopular with it's loyal fanbase that has stuck with it through decades instead of the child audience quick fix that will simply "grow out of it" after they turn 15, I think it's time to pass this torch to CM Punk.

I say this because over these last few weeks, he has turned everything upside down and has been completely on fire, lately. He is making jaded "I will never watch again" ex-fans tune in again. CM Punk is pretty much god right now.

I think this is going to be the point where we'll see if John Cena really IS Hogan.

Either John Cena can step aside and allow Punk to be the top man after this, to bring in more prosperity to the company, or John Cena, (from the looks of it) will be that Hulk Hogan self-centered "I am the star, I earned it and I will be the star forever" and will do that Hogan steamroll and get the grand confetti victory at Extreme Rules while Punk exits in shame as the loser, and squandering the proof that Punk can carry the company through WWE's new era.

My worry is that John Cena, for being the honestly good guy and dedicated company man he is and has been (and that I do respect him for) will be slowly turned into Julius Ceaser (a.k.a Terry Bollea) of the WWE after this becuase he legitimately 100% believes all of the hype that is given to him through the years.

If Punk exits in shame and Cena once again gets the confetti victory... after THIS angle and the ramifications it's taken on, especially with the "worked" but still true laundry airing that's been going on with this story, it will be really telling.

In my opinion, this is the PRIME example and the PERFECT TIME, for WWE to shake things up and usher in the new era of the WWE, the next stage in it's evolution and development for John Cena to turn HEEL!! And for Punk to become the face of the company in which to carry it, becuase these weeks have proved that Punk can and that he should.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:21 am

To be fair to Cena, I genuinely don't think he is another Hogan in terms of his outlook or personality. Every report I've seen of the guy says he's a straight up genuine nice guy with no sense of real ego. He's genuinely appreciative of what other people have given him in the business, and he's ready to do whatever the company wants. I don't believe for a second that he would have any problem staring at the lights for CM Punk, or for Zack Ryder if they asked.

Where I think the problem lies is in the WWE trying to MAKE him the new Hogan. WWE are determined to get ever dime out of him while they can, and will hammer him and hammer him at the audience for as long as they buy his shirts and as long as he can perform. They don't care that in the longer term it will burn out his appeal and ruin him. They dont care that it will make him stale- they'll already have our money and that's all Vince cares about.

I agree his character is stale now, and has been for some time to the older fans. But the kids still love him and lap it up, so it'll stay. And that means in this feud Cena is bringing a pea shooter to a nuclear war.

And you can't blame Cena. He's doing what the WWE wants him to do, and doing it well the way they want. The wrestling business is a short term thing. If WWE are paying you to be top dog, you'd be a mug to upset the apple cart. He's a professional wrestler and the aim is to make money for it. He's dong that in spades.

Now all that said, if WWE were smart this could be an amazing springboard for Cena AND Punk. Punk could become THE stellar number one by a mile heel and Cena could use the firing angle to actually relaunch himself as an edgier face stung by Vince's mistrust and doubt. It could be awesome...

...it won't happen
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeTue Jul 12, 2011 10:47 am

I agree 94%.

I do realize Cena is a good man that will do what the company asks of him, and is trying his best to live up to his hype.

However, at the same time, while I realize that it's more about what WWE wants to make out of Cena, and it's WWE's trigger to pull...

...I find it also a little hard to believe that Cena has so little creative pull due to his status, that he can't just come up to Vince if he needs to an at least say "Hey, I was personally thinking that maybe we should give Punk the push over me, and pass it to him for the time being. Is that alright?"

Likewise, I find it somewhat hard to believe that Vince isn't willing to trust Cena's judgement to at least some degree, were he to present something like that. Especially if there is some creative trust there.

Even more so now that I think about it, since there are these reports that Cena is injured lately and in some pain and needs time off.

Anyway, I realize that Cena has no real ego now... but I think that being told you're the best day in and day out, could eventually have a culminative effect on someone's ego, eventually.

And I just tend to think this is the point where we might start seeing what Cena is really made of, because I really have to think that if Vince and Cena see each other in any capacity as creative partners in Cena's job (And I know Vince always wants to establish this kind of bond with his top men) that Vince should be willing to listen to Cena if HE says he wants to lay down for someone, for once.

I just am starting to think that this is the point where Cena really might show what he's made of on whether or not he questions his own booking, and how it effects everything around him.

After all, even in the promo he claimed that "If Vince and I have a disagreement, we hash it out".

I want to think that's true in some way. And if Cena is 100% willing to go ahead with VINCE telling him "Yeah, let's send Punk packing.", (if it does come to that) that it'll be telling whether Cena speaks up or goes "You're the boss, boss."

Granted, it's not as bad as pulling a Triple H and specifically whispering in Vince's ear, but there's still soemthing to be said for remaming silent and complacent on a bad decicion, especially if it's one that goes in your favor.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 10:45 am

Dude...what's with the %s! lol
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitimeWed Jul 13, 2011 11:23 am

Mike, you know how Vince operates- or at least it's believed operates. I'm sure Cena does have creative input into his angles and I'm sure he could and does suggest things to McMahon. But at the end of the day, if Vince wants to go in a certain direction, hell, high water and wild horses won't make him change his mind. Even HHH has been clear on that score. It's Vince's call.

And if Vince is telling Cena "you're the guy we're pushing as the top baby face, that's it". Then frankly, that's it! It's been rumoured on many occasions that various people have suggested to Vince that Cena turn heel and on each occasion he has shot it down. If you're Cena, I really don't think you can be blamed for just doing what Vince wants and taking the money along the way, regardless of whether he personally supports it or not.

Look at it this way. Myron and I work for the Government. It's our job to provide professional advice. Now I don't necessarily agree with all Govt policy on a personal level, but I'm paid to provide professional neutral advice. Sometimes I voice professional disagreement with policies, or else point out issues it may cause. But if Ministers decide to still go forward, my job is to implement their policy.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!    SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!  Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

SPOILERS!!!!!!!!!!
Page 1 of 1