CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously) Empty
PostSubject: This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously)   This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 12:41 am

Really thought this week's RAW was pretty good. Miz and Morrison had a cracking Falls Count Anywhere match to open the show which I think has done a lot to elevate both men. Its the most impressive I think Morrison has ever looked, and did a lot to put him near the top of the card by virtue of him only really losing due to a mistake. It also made Miz look good in that he was able to weather the storm and pull out the win. I think the WWE have done a good job with Miz in recent weeks. The thing with Lawler actually helped him far more than people thought it might, and he does now look a serious WWE champion. This was very good stuff.

The CM Punk/Barrett/Nexus stuff was also well worked given the short notice the WWE had to turn things around following Cena's injury. Clearly they had planned the Punk takeover of Nexus at Wade's expense, but credit to them for handling it in a seamless fashion this week. I'm reserving judgement on the Angle as a whole until we see what they will actually do with Wade. I think a face turn would be the wrong way to go, but let see. For now though the angle was done extremely well. Of course the right man won the number one contendership in Orton, because it leaves Wade clear to do the angle with Punk, and Sheamus free to get battered by HHH on his eventual return.

There has been talk of the Rumble match ending up a fatal fourway with Morrison and Lawler involved. I'd not be totally against that, although I think you could usefully roll it forward to Elimination Chamber. Have Orton .v. Miz not come to decisive conslusion, and then have Orton, Miz, Morrison, and some combination of Sheamus/Wade/Punk/Lawler as the final three.

But anyway, RAW this week - very good.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously)   This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 1:29 am

I too, think that a Barret face turn would be ill-advised.

Keep in mind that with the internet style of critique these days, people are very picky about logic and likability, and above all, relatability.

If Wade turned face as a result of being ousted by Punk, are we supposed to feel sorry for Barret? Meant to sympathize with a guy who did heinous things just recently and has proven to be a manipulative mastermind simply because he was effectively one-upped by Punk and thrown out on his ass?

Even if Barret were to appear repentful of his actions in the Nexus, with the fact of such a turn coming after he is no longer leader, would only suggest to the audience that he's only switching face out of convenience, desperation and bitterness of not being in charge of his bad guy gang anymore, and couldn't possibly appear sorry for any actions, no matter what his character may "say"

I agree with Shand. It couldn't possibly work. He'd only be appearing to prey on audience sympathy to get power back, since a change of heart would only come after, and because he got C.M-pwned.

That having been said, a Heel vs Heel feud can still work in this day and age, because in stories today we are allowed to believe in the lesser of two evils and root for them. (For me, i'd be marking out for Punk of course.)

That and Punk has a built in fanbase even when he's a heel. (I've noticed that more and more of even the markest of marks are allowing themselves to agree with Punk and cheer for him, still. Mostly those who are in fact, straight-edge, or agree with the Straight-Edge rhetoric (as I do, as well as wanting to see him against Cena)

Hell, I recall on last Raw, right as he actually put the armband on and assumed the position, there was a vocal and loud "CM Punk" chant, even.

I also agree, that this Nexus angle is LOOKING good right now. But alas I know how WWE can reel me in and then fuck it all up on one given night, as i've witnessed many times before.

Still, i'll remain hopeful.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously)   This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 04, 2011 11:12 am

Face and heel changes always work best as either shocks (coming back from injury, has had a lot of time to consider his actions, etc, etc) or, even better, played long. A man seeing what his actions have done.

With Wade I agree that it would just seem like one villian has been out positioned by another villian. That doesn't make you a face. Just not as brainy as you thought!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously)   This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This week's RAW (Spoilers, obviously)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: