CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Super Wrestling!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Super Wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Super Wrestling!   Super Wrestling! Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 10:51 am

Super Wrestling! 2hptymt

Here's a little bit of geek meets wrestling...Superman as Black Lantern and as a wrestler...now, take off that cape and give him white hair...;)
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Super Wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Wrestling!   Super Wrestling! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:02 pm

DA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA NA B.... Oh wait... what?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Super Wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Wrestling!   Super Wrestling! Icon_minitimeSun Jan 23, 2011 3:55 pm

Black Lantern Superman. Wow.

Y'know... I never got this whole Black Lantern zombie thing or whatever it is.

A lot of other comic geeks swear by this ongoing story being actually quite awesome and well written, but as for me, I can't even begin to get it.

Besides, the colors of Lanterns now have seriously jumped the shark by now.

Like, I barely remember when Superman had to deal with more colors of Kryptonite than the standard red and green, and hpw that also got so bad they had to retcon it.

Although maybe i'll let Red Lanterns, White Lanterns and Blue Lanterns and maybe the Black Lanterns go, but what's next? Purple Lanterns Corps? Pink Lantern Corps? .........Polkadotted Yellow With Brown Stripes Lantern Corps? Sheesh.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

Super Wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Wrestling!   Super Wrestling! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 12:19 am

The idea (DS, shut your ears...it blew your mind last time!) is that the colours of the Spectrum represent emotions. Red = rage, Orange = avarice, Yellow = fear, Green = willpower, Blue = hope, Indigo = Compassion, Vilolet = love. Then white and black represent life and death respectively. So each set of lanterns bascially draw on some part of them that is transformed into power via the rings.

I rather like that idea so I don't mind how many Lantern Corps there are. As it's based on the Spectrum I don't see them brining in any beyond that now they have black and white.

Ultimately I love the idea of interglactic, superpowered 'knights' doing battle with one another. Batman has always been a fave, as have the X-Men. But I've really got into the noble alien/cosmic hero so I'm reading a lot of the stuff like Captain Marvel (the Marvel version), Green Lanterns and Nightwing/Firebird from the Superman mythos.

By the way, there's a great jokey bit in Dragon Age Orgins. You get various random encounters. One is a cuit scene where a meteor crashes down. As your party of adventurers walk past they come upon a man and woman, the latter being called Marta (Martha) who have found a baby boy in the crater! You can dig around in there yourself and get meteor ore. If you take it along to another part of the game you get a magic sword called Starfang that looks like the crystals from Superman...nice!!!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Super Wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Wrestling!   Super Wrestling! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:10 am

See, if you had put it that simply in the pub, I would have got it.

Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

Super Wrestling! Empty
PostSubject: Re: Super Wrestling!   Super Wrestling! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Super Wrestling!
Page 1 of 1