CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Faulerro

Faulerro

Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that. Empty
PostSubject: Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.   Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:13 am

I know this is not the first time we've heard of WWE doing something like this (They make movies, after all), but I found this article to be quite amusing:

http://www.tvweek.com/blogs/2011/03/whoaa-nellie-when-brands-go-horribly-wrong-pstvince-mcmahon-and-the-wwe-are-no-longer-in-the-wrestli.php
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.   Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:27 am

Ha! Man, haven't they got anything better to do than ring up internet bloggers and get them to change a few words around in their latest publication?

I can see McMahon in a press conference saying "World Wrestling Entertainment is not a wrestling company. It is a world entertainment company." Hahahahaha. Helmet!
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.   Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 7:47 am

Whilst I completely agree with the majority of the article, it fails to mention Drew Carey is in the Celebrety Wing of the HoF. Which does take some of the sting out of the story, but still, what WWE are trying to suggest they are to the outside world is nothing short of baffling.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.   Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that. Icon_minitimeMon Mar 21, 2011 8:06 am

I saw this the other day and was going to post it here, but frankly I thougth the whole thing was too stupid for words.

Why does the WWE imagine people watch its poduct? Is it because they are "entertainment" fans. No, its because they are wrestling fans.

Its because they want to watch wrestling.

Do people say "Hey, there's a sports entertainment show on at the town hall tonight" or "Hulk Hogan, yeah he's that famous sports entertainer" or "I'm off to the sports entertainment tonight" or "I must order the sports entertainment PPV tonight"

No, they say wrestling, because that's what it is. You aren't attracting one single extra viewer, or making the company any more "legit" for the media by calling it sports entertainment and refusing to call the wrestlers wrestlers. You are just making yourself look more fecking stupid, and annoying your fans - your WRESTLING fans.

As others have said, not a new position from the WWE, but perhaps taking it to more stupid levels than before.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.   Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wrestling? Nope, we don't do that.
Page 1 of 1