CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

What is this i dont even

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

What is this i dont even Empty
PostSubject: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 5:30 am

What is this i dont even WWE_newlogo
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:10 am

That could well end up being the new corporate logo for everything.

Actually, I quite like it.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 6:25 am

To be honest, I'm in shock. So this may sound like a gut reaction, but.... Wow, I really don't like it.

It looks like something that they hired a 12-year-old to design. It just has this extremely tacky and juvenile look about it. It also seems to be giving me terrible flashbacks of post-2001 WCW. I'm not a fan of oversimplifying something that already exists into it's most dumbed-down state.

Even so, it just looks like a tacky hood ornament, now. Something to match their equally tacky WWE Spinner-Title-That-Doesn't-Spin-Anymore-At-Least. Also, for other obvious reasons, it was a bad decision to do this now, let alone do it at all. Can't say i'm remotely happy with anything about this.

Of course, i'm sure it's here to stay forever, despite what anyone else thinks. So I might as well be yelling at a brick wall, because I'm sure public outcry wouldn't change WWE's mind in the slightest. So, I already know it's either live with it or not.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 7:22 am

I think the "scratch" logo is a bit outdated now though, TBH. It was right for the time of the edgy attitude 90s, but we're beyond that now (and by that I mean the business as a whole is beyond the "ooh, look at us being edgy" attitude of the time), and I think a cleaner and simpler logo is more fitting. Contrary to your opinion, I actually think it looks more grown up, and less like its trying to be "alternative".

For a brand that's now mainstream, its a much better fit. As for the comparison with WCW logos of the past, I see nothing wrong with that. I liked the WWE-WCW logo.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 11:25 am

I like it. The new one looks more like a corporation that wants it's brands to be known. It's much better than the scratch one, in my opinion. Like DS, I think that cries out 'ooooooo, look at us, we're soooooooo baaddddd' type of thing.

Again, it's time to realise that the business moves on.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 12:49 pm

TBH, I think that's the problem with some fans of the business (and I'm not having a pop at Mike here). They really got into wrestling during the attitude era, and see it as being all the business is about. So they cling to stuff from that era. It has to be all "extreme" and "chair shots" and "hardcore" and "non PG". Now I liked the attitude era as much ad the next guy, but I've been a fan longer, so I can see it for what it was- just a phase of the business in the same way the "rock n wrasslin'" era was, the show biz mid 80s was, the kid friendly early 90s was, the "new generation" was, and the current PG era is.

So just like they needed the scratch logo to represent where the business was then, they need the new one for where it is now.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 1:00 pm

By the way, just to be clear, I'm not really seeing the new logo in compassion to the scratch one or anything. But if they were to design a new one (even though I don't think it needed to be done), I would have probably suggested something MUCH different than this.

I still can't help but feel it's tacky. It seems very "pointy and sharp cuz pointy and sharp is kool". I honestly feel it looks kiddie and trying to hard to be hip, while looking corny at the same time. It's like a big smiling cartoon shark.

But either way, if they were going to do a new one, I actually found the "rumor" logo that popped up on Message Boards several years back to look classier and much better:

What is this i dont even New-wwe-logo

Especially if they were going to head back to an era of PG and slight cartoonishness found in the pre-Attitude era.

So, I just wanted to point out that i'm not saying "it sucks because they changed it" (as much as I think this is not a good time for them to change it), but rather, I really find the new design tacky and lacking the class of something like the old rumor image above, for example.

I would have preferred something like this, even.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeThu Nov 10, 2011 3:42 pm

To be perfectly honest Mike, I remember thinking at the time that that was pretty awful. Stylistically, its very unbalanced, and doesn't look in the least bit professional, IMO. The new one is a good simple design that can be scaled easily without losing detail or clarity, and I think works much better for where the company is at now. I don't agree with your "pointy is kool" comment - In fact it seems to be trying a lot less hard than the current logo.

Still, I'm sure we aren't the one ones disagreeing on it at the moment.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 2:33 am

I kinda like it. Simple, easy to replicate logos seem to be the order of the day now. Sounds good to me
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitimeFri Nov 11, 2011 5:29 am

It's OK, but nothing special. Definitely better than that rumor logo though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What is this i dont even   What is this i dont even Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What is this i dont even
Page 1 of 1