CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sting *spoilers?*

Go down 
+3
Faulerro
NightStarX
Mjolnir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 3:58 am

So, after all the speculation, Sting returns to TNA and wins the title from Jeff Hardy on free TV with no build up and no reasoning other than Bischoff being able to say "yaa boo sucks" to the WWE fans.

If the reports coming out now that the WWE never actually had a serious talks with him are true, then they aren't going to care what TNA does. But either way, why give the match away for free on TV instead of at a PPV?

....oh, that's right because TNA are morons. Suspect
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 4:24 am

I sincerely hope Sting enjoys throwing away what last sparking gasp of legitimacy his career may have had left yet in it.

That's really all I can say about it.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Faulerro

Faulerro

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:25 am

Ah well. As exciting as his debut in WWE would have been, they don't need him now anyway.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 5:28 am

His arrival in WWE would probably have been 2nd page news compared to The Rock anyway
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 9:22 am

I'm sure that he enjoys the wads of cash TNA will have paid him for throwing away his chance with the WWE...Wink
Back to top Go down
Robbo1701

Robbo1701

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 25, 2011 2:18 pm

personally this is a sad day in professional wrestling ladies and gents, for this is the day that The Icon known as Sting has now officially flushed what was left of his career down the shit bucket, i am like may of you no doubt one of the many "wrestling" fans that would have loved to see the dream match that is Taker vs Sting, i mean hell i would go as far as saying it would have beaten the rock vs hogan 10 years ago, but alas we shall never know, now i know vince is a massive fan of sting but tbh i think this will be it for him tbh taker is in the final year he'll beat triple h at wrestlemania roll around till WM28 win 20 then call it a night and get inducted (and rightfully so) into the hall of fame the following year, all i can say is oh well oh dear how sad, and sting your a moron.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:26 am

I guess we'd really need to hear Sting's motives before having a go too much. Maybe he feels he's achieved his personal goals and doesn't need to go to the WWE. Perhaps he likes the fact he's the only one never to be tempted by Vince's silver pieces...

Myself I think he's missed an opportunity and that the WWE have too. They could have had a match for the ages. Now they are left with the same old same old. I'm hoping it was principles that kept Sting from making the switch.

Personally, I'm not convinced it wasn't just money. Understanable - he's not getting any younger and will want to have something to put away for after he's retired. But a missed opportunity none the less.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:00 am

I also don't think money had anything to do with it.

I mean, first of all, its TNA. It's just impossible for anyone to stick with TNA if money is what they're after.

So i'm almost certain that Sting was not motivated by cash at all, so I'd be the first to throw some silly accusation like "greed" out the window.

If anything I would risk venturing that foolishness plays a bigger part in it than anything else could.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:17 am

Money is absolutely not a motivating factor here. Sting hasn't needed money from wrestling for at least a dozen years, maybe longer. He has a large property investment business he started in Altanta years ago, and which has grown to give him a very very nice income. Even without the millions he made from his AOL Tme Warner contract continuing to be paid when WCW folded.

TNA in any case don't pay at the WWE's level

Anyway, people are assuming Sting decided to turn down a WWE offer. There's no guarantee he ever received an offer. For all we know, Vince might not have even had serious talks with him.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 2:58 am

Fair enough on the money. It's just the more I think about this the more I think that saying he has been foolish seems like our reaction rather than his. When I put the one up this morning I was still in the we're missing Taker-Sting mindset. The more I ponder it, though, the more I'm with either David's Vince may not have come calling or a view that, if he did, Sting should be allowed to be he is own man and do what he wants to do.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 3:52 am

Maybe Sting wants to be the only big time wrestler to be able to say "WWE? Lol!". It's not like he needs his money. If I had as much as he did I could probably afford stick to my principles too. I hope he stays away from WWE, then gets inducted into their Hall of Fame
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 4:10 am

Well, of course the foolishness comment comes directly from the things I said even as far back as me thinking this would still happen.

Sting is not getting any younger and is fast approaching the twilight of the best years for him to be able to go to his fullest in this industry. In fact some would say that he hasn't been at his best for a while now, but surely this had to his last chance to climb that highest rung to put himself over to the legitimacy of all the other wrestlers that have his potential that have far succeeded him in their careers.

It's not just that Sting hasn't taken advantage of everything he could have, he'll still be looked upon, and rightfully so, as "the guy that was just never at that level, and never allowed himself to be at that level."

A lot of his fans might use the empty words to say that Sting has had a bigger career than Rock, Austin, Angle, Triple H, Undertaker, Ric Flair, Shawn Micheal, or even Chris Jericho, Edge, or other WWE B-listers. But they'd know that's all bunk. He's never reached that level.

Of course, he's always had the talent to reach that level, the ability to reach that level and way more than potential to reach that level and he always has, but to be perfectly honest, there's only one company that's always pretty much been on top.

And unless you're there and allow that on-top company to legitimize you the way that every single one of those names has, you won't be. (And even for Goldberg that WAS in WWE, he largely failed to make it there for as rich and popular and successful as he was in WCW, Goldberg will always be low tier because of that).

So for as much as Sting might try to deny it, the fact is that his potential to be up there in that name dropping category was always assured, IF he would have let it be.

At this point, he has to look like a fool at this these days after so much time has passed to think about it or not be such a stubborn defeatist, to honestly think that he's already somehow up there with those names, when he's been too stubborn to ever really be or let it happen.

This old saying says it PERFECTLY:

"And the day came when the risk to remain tight in a bud was more painful than the risk it took to blossom."

The night that Sting just re-appeared on TNA...

....is when he has officially has passed that day.
Back to top Go down
Robbo1701

Robbo1701

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 5:43 am

Nightstar i really do believe you have basically place my comment in a more delicate and humane manner thank you for that, but i like the way i put it, Sting you a moron.

Epic Lol
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:04 pm

If he doesn't want to go to WWE, who are we to call him stupid for it? It's his career, and if he doesn't want to do something in his career, that's his choice. I think anyone who bad mouths him for doing what HE wants with his own career, is an idiot themself.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 12:55 pm

Well, in defense of my feelings on this, I could only just write the post I wrote above again, but there'd be no point in copying and pasting that, I guess.

Regardless, I still feel exactly how I feel about it.

I still have the exact same criticism I had before. If that's really what Sting wants to do with career, fine. But I still think it's pretty foolish and stubborn of a move, essentially tossing it's potential in the garbage. I can't pretend I personally see it any other way.

Last edited by NightStarX on Sat Feb 26, 2011 1:04 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSat Feb 26, 2011 1:02 pm

Have any of you seen Sting's TNA return teaser? It's a rip off of Undertaker's most recent teaser videos.

Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 1:43 am

So Sting is ripping Taker who ripped Sting...ah for original ideas...Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 2:27 am

I've seen a couple of photos of Sting's new attire, and it looks horrible. When I first saw it, I actually thought it's something Myron would wear lol.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:41 am

Oh now that video really is cheap. I mean that sort of imitation is the kind of bush-league crap I'd expect from some tribute show run by an indy fed in Mudfuck, Kentucky. TNA really haven't got a clue, have they?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 3:46 am

I don't know what they're trying to prove by making the Sting return video so similar to the Undertaker return videos, but all they are proving is that they need to grow up and do their own thing. They should stop trying to one-up WWE, because they don't have the writing talent to do so. TNA should just get on with their own stuff, and not worry about what WWE are doing. They won't do that though, and it's pathetic on their part.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 6:56 am

Any chance of a link to his new outfit?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:07 am

Just found some...

...and I rather like his new attire! But then again I also like Hardy's, so what does that say?

(without using mentions of my poor taste in clothes...)

Wink
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:10 am

As for what they are trying to prove I think it's just a big rasp to the WWE for doing what they did, which was tickle up Sting. Personally I think they are both as bad as one another. Trying to get a few extra bucks from fans hopes rather than give them something new and quality.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:26 am

The thing is, did the WWE really try to tickle up a possible Sting appearance? Really, all the imagery was consistent with the Undertaker's past imagery. When I first saw it, I didnt think of anyone other than Taker. It was only later that day once the Net got rolling on the Sting rumours that I began to second guess.

I think it was just one of those things which gathered it's own momentum and snowballed. And once it did, people convinced themselves "ooh those are Sting's boots", "that's a crow screeching in the background" "that's a total Starrcade rip-off". None of it was, but because we WANTED to see it, it's what we saw.

It's like when people go to Loch Ness and convince themselves every bit of wood floating is a monster.

In the cold light of day I'm not sure the WWE really set out to fool anyone- not saying they weren't happy when the attention level went mental, but I dont think it was something they were playing for.

As for Sting's new look. It's interesting. Reintroducing some elements of his pre-Crow persona. Wonder if he might continue that and change the makeup?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 7:35 am

I dunno on the WWE. I think they are cynical enough to use something close enough to one but consistent enough with the other to squeeze it out. I think they actually used the fact the imagery is so close to their best interest.

As for Sting v Jeff, well, I would have liked that to be a PPV match. As two of my fave wrestlers I would have also liked them to both be in their pomp but, hey, you can't have everything.

I think there is a softening of the image but I think they'll keep the make up. He's sort of like a best of both at the moment.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:10 am

When does TNA Impact take place? I know it's broadcast every Thursday, but does each show take place before then?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:19 am

Isn't it filmed on a Tuesday and shown on a Thursday? I might be wrong. It does give them a day after Raw if it is...Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:24 am

I only asked because I was wondering how photos had been leaked before Thursday 3rd March.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 8:29 am

Well, I'm pretty sure that they used to tape two shows in a sitting. So results would be leaked early. I'm guessing this is what happened here.

btw, I wasn't suggesting that the promo had been put togeether in one day, more the fact they could pop some tweaks in. But, of course, that wouldn't work if they were doing two shows at a time...*shuts mouth*
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 9:07 am

Yes, Impact is taped in batches, several weeks in advance.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 10:53 am

Weird.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitimeSun Feb 27, 2011 12:43 pm

Lowers production costs. You only need to hire one venue and pay for one lot of road costs.

I believe that TNA also stopped paying hotel and travel costs for its talent, so it cheaper for the wrestler, especially lower card guys who don't get paid very well in the first place.

Of course, in return, you only get one lot of gate money, but then this is a company that runs most of their shows in a tiny arena where people get in for free anyway, and then give big matches away for free on TV - so making money has never been much on the agenda!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sting *spoilers?* Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sting *spoilers?*   Sting *spoilers?* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sting *spoilers?*
Page 1 of 1