CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.

Go down 
+3
Julius Seizure
lonewolfshanehunt
NightStarX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Empty
PostSubject: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 2:15 am

Apparently at a house show, CM Punk was interacting his heel persona with a young 10 year old fan in the crowd, and a real life incident occoured.

However there appear to be two very conflicting sides to the story.

The Claim made against him:

The claim made is that CM Punk was interacting with a young fan working his heel persona where he told the young boy to slap him. The fan did so, and Punk laughed it off, and told the fan to hit him again. At which time, Punk grabbed by the boy and scared him very badly until he cried, leading to the child's father, having a physical confrontation with Punk and the two trading real heat and real punches.

Punk's claim and side of the story:

The other side of the story, believed to come from Punk is that he was working the fan to slap him twice and Punk would merely laugh and leave the fan, however, the claim is made that contrary to the first story, that the fan then punched Punk in the eye and bloodied and hurt his eye rather than a slap, and Punk lost it and screamed at the boy for the real eye bloodying, leading to the fight with the child's father.

Either way, whether the child damaged Punk's eye, or whether the brawl was simply for making the child cry, Punk doesn't come off as looking very good here for interacting with the fan in the first place, even though it sounds like a kayfabe incident that got severely and unpredictably out of hand.

There is worry that Punk may end up taking the entire brunt of this incident, no matter which story may or may not be true. The family may press charges against Punk and WWE, but there is also worry that even if they do not, that Punk may face severe consequences. Suspension, or perhaps.. even be outright fired from the company.

Due to WWE's very strong adamancy that they are a family friendly company, and seeing as actions taken before such as the immediate jumping to fire Daniel Bryan for the tie incident, WWE may be immediately willing to cut their losses by completey firing Punk from the company rather than risk media backlash for sitting back and doing nothing.

If so.... we may or may not see CM Punk released from WWE very soon. Sad
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Empty
PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:42 am

It'd suck if he got fired for that, but I suppose it'd be the only course of action they can take. Punk should have backed down, rather than getting angry and lashing out. Even if the father did throw a punch, Punk should have been the bigger man and walked away. If he retaliated, he deserves to be fired. That's like me punching a customer in my shop. It's not allowed and it wouldn't be tolerated. I'd get sacked on the spot if it happened, so I don't see why Punk should get away with it.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:43 am

I've not got a lot of faith in humanity, which leads me to believe they'll press charges. Why not? Free money, right? And Americans love taking people to court for money.

As to the actual incident itself, Punk only has himself to blame. I know that he was just trying to work the character but on a 10 year old child wasn't a very good idea. Kids don't see it as a work, well when I was a wee nipper and I saw the nWo come out night after night and beat up all my favourite wrestlers, scripted or not, the loathing I felt for them was real. If it had been me in that position and Scott Hall came over to me and told me to slap him I'd probably do the same thing Very Happy

I find it hard to believe that Punk would go mad at the kid for doing what he told him to (slapping his face). The man is a professional entertainer and he's been around for a while, he knows the score. However, he shouldn't have reacted by scrapping with the dad, no way.

I think Punk deserves a slap on the wrists for getting himself into this situation, but I don't think it warrants a sacking. However there's a lot of factors to consider with Punk. He's a popular guy. Dropping him may lose them fans and revenue, which is the bottom line in business. I guess he's just got to hope that he's a big enough cash-cow that Vince won't want to lose him Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:49 am

julius seizure wrote:
I think Punk deserves a slap on the wrists for getting himself into this situation, but I don't think it warrants a sacking. However there's a lot of factors to consider with Punk. He's a popular guy. Dropping him may lose them fans and revenue, which is the bottom line in business. I guess he's just got to hope that he's a big enough cash-cow that Vince won't want to lose him Very Happy

I completely disagree with that. If Punk did indeed trade punches with the father, why should he get away with it? If Vince lets him get away with it, he's pretty much saying it's fine to punch a crowd member.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:07 am

Well, Punk showed up on RAW last night sporting definite scratches and marks around his right eye and cheek, and I did wonder abou them until I read the article this morning.

To my mind, there is no doubt Punk is in the wrong here. As Jordan points out, trying to work an angle involving physical interaction with the crowd is always skating on thin ice - doing it with a 10 year old child who doesn't fully understand the concept of a "work" is plain stupid.

I've seen plenty of heels get in fans faces at shows, but they have (mostly) been smart enough to know where you draw the line. Clearly in this case Punk wasn't. He invited the initial strike, and when it was landed he invited a second one. If he then grabs a child's shirt and scares him to tears, I don't blame the parent in the slightest for getting involved and if Punk did get a punch, he deserves it.

Just to be clear, I am absolutely against any fan ever hitting a wrestler, but likewise I think the trust must go both ways and I am against a wrestler putting their hands on a fan, especially a child.

However, at the end of the day, I doubt very much that Punk will be suspended or fired over the incident. This was a house show (so no TV audiences or networks to annoy) and the WWE's publicity arm will be showering the kid and his parents with gifts and tickets. The fact that he was featured extremely prominantly on RAW last night suggests to me that the WWE aren't worried about a law suit.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:29 am

I do love Punk. But I likewise agree with everyone else. Stupid move. Even if it did go wrong, it was a dumb move to begin with.

And I love the guy's work. I love the guy's wrestling. I love the guy's gimmick. I love the guy's persona. And I think he's completly awesome. I am a huge CM Punk mark and fan, and he's still my #2 favorite guy right now next to Miz.

....but apparently Punk is not too popular backstage because he has pretty thin skin when it comes to disrespect, and is unable to walk away from bad situations, and is seen as the Christian Bale of the backstage, in some regards. Not that i'm condemming the guy totally, because sadly, I can relate to him because truthfully I exhibit some of the same attitude at times socially which I regret. (And that's not such a good thing in this case)

I recall another story about a major altercation early in his WWE career that also soured him in the view of others, such as when he flew off the handle in an incident at Tony Atlas backstage for not knowing who he was, and assuming he was an uncalled FCW guy, to which Punk fired back with a barrage of insults and ranting.

In a backstage where you are apparently supposed to roll with the punches and deal with respect or disrespect backstage and build a thick skin when dealing with others Punk seems to still have trouble adapting to the high-school antics of WWE backstage compared to his expectations of indie scenes, i've heard several stories like that of Punk being self-defensive which sours him against the management and the talent, and he's pretty gotten over on the strength of his talent and hard work, not from his attitude.

With Punk, I find myself caught in being able to relate. I'm a bit like the stories i've heard about him, so I can't admonish him when he reminds me of me, but yeah. Can't say he should get off scott free for this.

BUT, I do not want to see him fired. Dodgy personality or thin skin aside, the day Punk leaves the WWE is the day I'll be very sad indeed.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 4:40 am

This is a quote from wrestlezone website.

"WZ reader John sent in word that at the WWE Raw house show event tonight in Shreveport, Louisiana, a young fan got into an altercation with CM Punk and punched him the face. Punk's eye was reportedly bloodied, and the fan as well as the group he was with were thrown out of the building. More on this as it becomes available."

According to this person, the fan punches CM Punk, then was thrown out of the building. No mention of Punk punching back.
Back to top Go down
Matt630

Matt630

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:12 am

TBH there is a big difference between WWE TV product and house show, Bryan Danielson was "got rid of" for the brief time because his act was broadcast live on TV. Punk's action weren't seen by the world and the claims wouldn't probably hold up with WWE lawyers on the case. I think Punk will be safe with this one. The question is if Punk asked the kid to slap him and he did and then he laughed it off which is fine in my opinion, the real problem is what happened next? And tbh we'll never know Punk will say one thing, fan will say another who knows
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:19 am

Matt's exactly right; the fact that this was a house show and not live on TV or PPV will make a big difference to how seriously the WWE view this, not least because - as he also points out - any lawyer worth his salt will be able to convincingly argue that the incident wasn't in any way shape or form how the complainant describes.

I strongly suspect that after a bit fo a hoo-hah on the Internet, this will be quickly forgotten.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:41 am

Reaper wrote:
I strongly suspect that after a bit fo a hoo-hah on the Internet, this will be quickly forgotten.

Forget what? Huh?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 3:55 pm

Not saying I condone it by any means, but everyone's allowed one mistake as long as they learn from it
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:01 pm

I actually believe the firing of Daniel Bryan was more kayfabe then anything else. Because he was brought back maybe two months later and wrestled in the main event of Summerslam for team WWE against Nexus, the same people he got "fired" for beating up with a tie.

This whole Punk thing....just seems like a good thing that went wrong. Probably never excpected the kid to hit him in the first place lol....I really hope Punk didnt act like a jackass afterward because after years of being a wrestler way before the WWE, rules like that should be common knowledge.

I doubt he'll be fired though...
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 12:21 am

Didn't expect the kid to hit him? If he didn't then he's even dimmer than he seems from all of this! It's like DS said, it was a bad idea from the start. Kids are unpredictable at best and this one probably didn't understand the line between real and work. Even if he did then to get him to hit him twice is asking for trouble. If the first one didn't seem to hurt him then, naturally, the second shot will be harder.

Even if it did hurt him then Punk shouldn't have lost his cool. What's he going to do if somebody catches him wrong in the ring? Go for every wrestler that does? He's a grown man and a wrestler. To rag on a little kid is cowardly.

That said I suspect that Punk thought that would work too and that he was playing it. Another mistake because if you shout at somebody's kid the dad isn't going to go 'hey, that's Punk being a heel...bravo!' So it was cowardly or stupid, take your pick.

Even then, Punk didn't have to get physically involved with the dad. He probably say he was still angry over the shot he took from the ten year old (dear jebus help him if Taker ot Kane or Show ever hit him wrong then...) He should have walked away, been the bigger man, and realised he's made a mistake.

I don't even think that he's helping himself if he's trying to make up excuses. He should just be apologising and trying to save face. I think he SHOULD be hit hard because this is violent conduct and it's with a fan. The WWE have suspended people for less.

But I also agree with DS that it probably won't come to that. It was a house show. And while that shouldn'yt matter the fact it wasn't being beemed into people's homes will probably save Cash Cow Punk from a anything two bad.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:54 pm

Naaaaa, he'll be fine!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:21 am

That's my point, he probably will be but shouldn't be. They SHOULD punish him for being an idiot. But they probably won't.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 8:31 am

They'd never sack Cash Machine Punk would they?

NAAAH!

Money talks!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:58 am

Nods, nods...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.   BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

BREAKING NEWS: CM Punk may face severe punishement from WWE or legal action due to house show incident.
Page 1 of 1