CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

CM Punk at Comic-con

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

CM Punk at Comic-con Empty
PostSubject: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 1:52 am

Awesome, just awesome. I love the way the WWE is going with this angle. Forget any criticism of Monday's RAW because now it all makes perfect sense.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 2:49 am

What is this about?

I am completely in the dark here.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 3:07 am

The WWE were doing their usual merchandise promotion at the San Diego Comic-con. Triple H in attendance to sell his new "Day to day chairman" role, as well as Rey Mysterio and Bret Hart. CM Punk then invaded the promotion, announcing himself through a bullhorn. The crowd went mental as he walked to the front and said that he had some questions for Triple H.

Standing at the mic that was being used for crowd questions, he first asked HHH if he was going to turn his mic off this time. HHH replied that he wasn't. Then Punk asked him when he was going to put Zack Ryder on TV. The crowd cheered and HHH didn't answer. Punk went on to ask how it was continuing to live in fantasy land. "Fine" replied Hunter "How's it living in the unemployment line?". Punk replied that he wasn't looking for a job right now - he didn't need to. But then he said he understood HHH was trying to crown a new WWE champion? He said he knew HHH was a man of integrity "so, here.." Punk reached into his bag and took out the WWE title "Here it is. You want a title shot, you come to Chicago any time you want, and you got a title shot!". Attempting to remain professional, HHH replied "Look, it’s a new time, a new regime. Things are different. You wanna come back, gimme a call and maybe we can work something out". Punk replied "Yeah ok, maybe you should ask Steph - I'm sure she's got my number". Then he walked out.

No prior promotion by the WWE, no leaks or clues or announcements, nothing. And in that actually brilliant because of course with the number of smart camera phones around, it went viral on the net in seconds. Twitter, Facebook, Youtube, it all lit up with the news.

And of course, being a WWE promotional event, they were filming it, so they can show the HD footage on RAW if they want, to back up the shaky stuff on Youtube.

They are playing this whole thing brilliantly well.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 4:03 am

Oh god that is brilliant.

FUCKING BRILLIANT.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeFri Jul 22, 2011 11:35 am

HHH handled it nicely after Punk left as well.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 2:10 am

I think that's one of the keys. Punk has been red hot. I'll be the first to admit that I've not always been his biggest fan. Sure he can wrestle but he's always lacked that extra sparkle I get from the best. For me anyway. Now Punk has gone stellar and shown me what he can really do. But, as I say, as red hot as that is you still need people to work against. Cena deserves plenty of props for what he's done and it shows that if you get Punk working with someone we know can do it (Trips) then it's even better. I think the whole angle is taking shape nicely.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitimeSat Jul 23, 2011 3:36 am

The only thing i'm disappointed in right now is that The Miz has been floundering, lately.

After all that Miz has done to reach that big-time level, and then succeed immensely in that role, I really do not want to see him flounder and fall into obscurity and eventually the low-card, Superstars, and then be released by next year.

BY THE WAY, what about those rumors of Sin Cara being future endeavored very very soon? Personally I think, that for as hard as it is to say, it's time for Sin Cara to go. He's become a massive failure for the WWE right now.

Everyone, (including me) has been saying "give him time, give him time, give him time." But how much more time and patience do we need to see that he's clearly going nowhere but straight downhill from mediocrity?

He showed up, he clearly couldn't work the style, and botched nearly everything he touched. At first, we thought he'd just need to get settled. It all made sense. Sin Cara was a hot new prospect, he just needed time and adjustment.

But never before, has someone been sent over to a taped brand from a live one, specifically for the sake of being able to redo his moves, including his entrance until they work for tapings.

Even then, to be fair, Sin Cara has had one good televised match (with Daniel Bryan). The rest have ranged from forgettable to abysmal.

I think everyone has given him time, and he hasn't seemed to show anyone that he can better himself. And they've given him the golden treatment, too. Just judging by his mannerisms and body language after nearly every match, shaking his head, dragging his feet... He's consistently showing signs of frustrating, anger, self-defeat and upset with himself.

And just recently....

WELLNESS VIOLATION.

SUSPENDED.

DUMB.

It's almost a a sure thing that he's not coming back. Especially since it's been seen that Mysterio of all people is getting a push lately. Many people assumed that Sin Cara was going to be Mysterio's replacement, since managment has presumably wanted Mysterio out of there to the point of grooming a masked luchador replacement.

When Mysterio is being given a push, considering that he's been reportedly making a nuisance out of himself backstage, I think that says so many bad things about WWE's remaining confidence at all with Sin Cara. I think he's used up all the chances he could have been rightfully given and more.

Sadly, no one wanted him to wind up like the WWE's next Ultimo Dragon. But that's what it's turning out to be. Except even worse. I doubt Dragon was ever suspended for clear drug policy violations after already being in the doghouse to begin with.

Management seems to have run out of patience, the fans have run out of patience, and the wellness violation, (which makes him seem incredibly stupid and irresponsible) is looking to be the final straw.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: CM Punk at Comic-con   CM Punk at Comic-con Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

CM Punk at Comic-con
Page 1 of 1