CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Transcription of CM Punk's speech.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Transcription of CM Punk's speech. Empty
PostSubject: Transcription of CM Punk's speech.   Transcription of CM Punk's speech. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 9:52 am

Because it had to be done. These words need to be chiseled in stone. Worked shoot or not.

John Cena, while you lay there, hopefully as uncomfortable as you possibly can be, I want you to listen to me.

I want you to digest this because before I leave in 3 weeks with your WWE Championship, I have a lot of things I want to get off my chest.

I don’t hate you, John. I don’t even dislike you. I do like you. I like you a hell of a lot more than I like most people in the back. I hate this idea that you’re the best. Because you’re not. I’m the best. I’m the best in the world.

There’s one thing you’re better at than I am and that’s kissing Vince McMahon’s ass. You’re as good at kissing Vince McMahon’s ass as Hulk Hogan was.

I don’t know if you’re as good as "Dwayne" though. He’s a pretty good ass kisser. Always was and still is.

Whoops! I’m breaking the fourth wall!
(Punk waves to the camera)

I am the best wrestler in the world. I’ve been the best since day one when I walked into this company. And I’ve been vilified and hated since that day because Paul Heyman saw something in me that nobody else wanted to admit.

That’s right, I’m a Paul Heyman guy. You know who else was a Paul Heyman guy? Brock Lesnar. And he split, just like I’m splitting. But the biggest difference between me and Brock is I’m going to leave with the WWE Championship.

I’ve grabbed so many of Vincent K. McMahon’s brass rings that it’s finally dawned on me that
there just that, they’re completely imaginary.

The only thing that’s real is me and the fact that day in and day out, for almost six years, I have proved to everybody in the world that I am the best on this microphone, in that ring, even in commentary! Nobody can touch me!

And yet no matter how many times I prove it, I’m not on your lovely little collector cups. I’m not on the cover of the program. I’m barely promoted. I don't get to be in movies. I’m certainly not on any crappy show on the USA Network.

I’m not on the poster of WrestleMania. I’m not on the signature that’s produced at the start of the show.
I’m not on Conan O’Brian. I’m not on Jimmy Fallon. But the fact of the matter is, I should be.

This isn’t sour grapes. But the fact that Dwayne is in the main event at WrestleMania next year and I’m not makes me sick!

Oh hey, let me get something straight. Those of you who are cheering me right now, you are just as big a part of me leaving as anything else! Because you’re the ones who are sipping on those collector cups right now. You’re the ones that buy those programs that my face isn’t on the cover of.

And then at five in the morning at the airport, you try to shove it in my face and get an autograph and try to sell it on Ebay because you’re too lazy to go get a real job.

I’m leaving with the WWE Championship on July 17th. And hell, who knows, maybe I’ll go defend it in New Japan Pro Wrestling.

Maybe…I’ll go back to Ring of Honor.
(Punk looks at the camera and waves)

Hey, Colt Cabana, how you doing?

The reason I’m leaving is you people. Because after I’m gone, you’re still going to pour money into this company. I’m just a spoke on the wheel. The wheel is going to keep turning and I understand that.

Vince McMahon is going to make money despite himself. He’s a millionaire who should be a billionaire. You know why he’s not a billionaire?

Because he surrounds himself with glad-handed, nonsensical, pussbucket yes men, like John Laurinaitis, who’s going to tell him everything he wants to hear, and I’d like to think that maybe this company will be better after Vince McMahon is dead. But the fact is, it’s going to be taken over by his idiotic daughter and his doofus son-in-law and the rest of his stupid family.

Let me tell you a personal story about Vince McMahon, alright?
We do this whole anti-bully campaign but the fact is that--

(Mic cut off.)

Notes:

1. I am half-way decent at reading lips, and if i'm not mistaken, I think the word that was censored right before the Lauranitis bit, was "puss-bucket" or something something like "piss-taking" "shit-talking" or some of that manner, although I think it was most likely the first thing.

2. I think the next point that Punk was going to go on with next, was something about that horrible "Stand Up For WWE" campaign that I REEEEALLY wish Punk would have railed on, becuase I really fucking hated that. What a load of self-ego inflating, hypocritical load of horse shit that short lived little smear tactic was. We can only guess though at what he would have said.

and

3. So we know this was a work. Very most likely next week we'll know for sure, but I beleve WWE has released a poll on if you think the "suspention" was fair or not, so yeah. Work.

But here's the thing... Y'know, it's not called a "Worked" shoot for nothing. I absolutely believe that Punk believed these things and he was being 100% honest.

I think what I'm assuming the plan was, was that Vince tentatively agreed to this segment, and there must have been an agreement with WWE officials and Punk that he could say as much as he wanted to, up until the point they feel like enough had been said, and cut him off when they feel it gets to be too much.

But just think if this HAD been real. Very Happy Do you think Punk would have gone from the topic of Stand Up For WWE, to Vince's politics, his egotistical one-sided rivarly against the American government and even the topic of his wife?

I could only imagine. That would truly be some great shit to hear. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Transcription of CM Punk's speech.   Transcription of CM Punk's speech. Icon_minitimeWed Jun 29, 2011 11:49 am

Actually, I think it's more likely that Punk was about to go into a story about McMahon or HHH and how they effectively bullied him when he joined WWE by telling him he had to go learn how to "work WWE style". Either that or how Vince bullies and berates wrestlers backstage when he doesn't like something they have done. That contrasts most with the WWE anti-bullying campaign.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Transcription of CM Punk's speech.   Transcription of CM Punk's speech. Icon_minitimeSat Jul 02, 2011 9:16 am

Reading that it's so obviously a work. It just reads like one. Punk giving just enough to make it seem genuine but not enough for them not to pull it back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Transcription of CM Punk's speech.   Transcription of CM Punk's speech. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Transcription of CM Punk's speech.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: