CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:10 am

So, I decided no to buy the PPV live, but then when I read the results and reviews this morning, I thought I'd have a look at a repeat.

Rather glad I did. I thought it was a very solid show.

Orton and Punk had a decent opener, with a few good spots. I thought Sheamus and Kofi had a decent contest considering the limited build, and I even enjoyed Rey .v. Rhodes (which may be the first time in ages I've enjoyed a Rey Myserio match).

Nice to see Awesome Kong/Kharma get a debut and to do so by smashing the WWE's top Diva in the process. Surprised to see her keep her Pedigree driver finisher - surprised Triple H agreed to that!

Good to see Christian finally get a World title. I know people will say he's just benefited from Edge's retirement, but he's not the first champion to be in the right place at the right time, and he deserves a run with the belt. I thought they had a very good match too, although Del Rio does tend to protect himself a bit too much on the bumps. Brodus Clay got his Joey Mercury moment with the ladder. That looked nasty.

The final cage match was very well done. R-Truth showing up was a low point simply because it meant he got on the show, but other than that it was a nice match and got everyone over evenly.

Overall, a good show.

Lets hope Obama .v. Trump is booked for the next PPV.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:13 am

Rumour has it that Obama has been with two shady 'outsiders'...calling Cameron and Clegg!!!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 9:29 am

Wasn't that just absolute genius? Whoever in his communications department actually put that together deserves a massive raise.

The Lion King bit was pure quality

"And I just want to assure the Fox News table - that was a joke. That's not my actual birth video, its a children's cartoon. Disney have the original....they also have the long form version as well"

Between Obama and Seth Myer that had to be the best roasting I've seen someone get, and there wasn't a damn thing Trump could do about it. He couldn't get up and walk - he just had to sit there and watch his election chances get screwed into the ground. The look on his face during Myers' speech was just priceless.

Anything which makes Trump look like the total assclown he is is perfectly alright with me.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 10:35 am

Like I said on FB it was a combination of a solid gold speech and sizzling hot delivery. It's the sort of thing that put Obama in the White House in the first place.

I actually hope that Obama does get another crack of the whip. I never bought into the 'new messiah' bit (I remember pointing out to Macca about judging him after a year when Macca got all excited about his intial speech) but I also believe he was never going to be able to pull of the feats people demanded of him. The whole world is in a bit of a mess right now and it's unfair to expect people to sort it out so quickly.

But, even without the politics, that was a cast iron performance, right there.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeMon May 02, 2011 5:27 pm

I was very happy with Extreme Rules. I was kind of upset that Punk and Rhodes lost especially Punk, but both the matches were good. Every match on the card had a reasonable amount of time and there wasnt much of a low point for me except......COLE AND SWAGGER WINNING AGAIN!!!!! I mean...seriously how long is this angle going to go on for? I have defended Cole and the angle for awhile but I seriously expected it all to come to an end at Extreme Rules. If Cole has another match at another ppv...it better be the end of him, I'm starting to get really annoyed by it, especially when all he does is jam it down my throat every night as an announcer.

R-Truth is starting to come into his own as a heel and I expect the upcoming JoMo/Truth feud to actually be decent.

Extreme Rules gets a B- all in all. Pretty sad when a throw a way ppv like Extreme Rules usually is, is ten times better then Wrestlemania was.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:45 am

Actually, I agree on Cole. I forgot to really make mention of that, but it was the low point o the show, and I find it hard to believe the WWE have now booked such an obvious match the wrong way twice. If they think that somehow this makes us want to see Cole get his ass kicked more at the next PPV, they are wrong. There comes a point when the angle becomes overdone and beaten into the ground, and that is what they have now. They didn't capitalise while interest was at a peak, and they won't get it back now.

BTW, last night's RAW. Nice to see that the WWE didn't in any way overdo the jingoistic flag waving, or attempt in any way to profit from the events of the weekend. I was quite happy to see such a restrained reaction to the news (sarcasm off)
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:18 am

I haven't seen R-Ttruth in a while but he'd have to have improved a hell of lot. I'm seen him as a face, as a heel, in WWE and in TNA. He was useless in all the guises. Not good enough in the ring to warrant overlooking his lousy out of the ring work. That said, he could have improved.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 10:58 am

......No.........he hasn't
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:16 am

I love his finisher.

I think he should totally change the name of it from "Lie Detector" to "Flippy Spinny Rolly What-The-Fuck-Is-This-And-How-Is-This-Considered-An-Offensive-Maneuver-In-Any-Regard Ultimate Nothing Shit Spin Of Doom."

Razz

No, really. The first 8 times I saw him do it, I was trying to figure out what the fuck it was. I couldn't make any more sense out of it when he mo-capped it for Smackdown vs Raw, either.

I mean, what the fuck is that thing? That's like, that kind of thing that a Hong Kong actor does.. but not offensively. It's that ridiculous stunt man thing that someone does when they just got the holy hell flying-kicked the fuck out of them.

I guess maybe if Bruce Lee kicked the fuck out of R-Truth so hard that he spun and landed into another guy like that, it might inconvenience them for a second or bruise their shoulder maybe from the sheer force of R-Truth getting kicked INTO them by an invisible Chuck Norris. But I really dunno. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:22 am

It's not even a blow, is it, just more of a bump. If it happened in the street you'd glare but not much else!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:27 am

Yeah. haha.

I mean, basically I'm not saying it's an easy maneuver for anyone to just do, or that it doesn't take some skill to perform.

I'm just utterly confused as to how in the name of god it's supposed to end a match for the other guy. Razz And yes, to a lesser extent.. what the hell it really is.

A mid-air.... spinning... shoulder block? ....Thing?

I almost expect sparks and a wisp of smoke to fly out of him like a Super Sentai (a.k.a Power Ranger) when that happens.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 11:58 am

Dude, if you have any love for the Power Rangers then you have to watch Alien vs Ninja! It's like an adult version where ninjas facee down a man-in-a-rubber-suit alien. It also borrows from Predator more than a little. I loved it!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:35 pm

I do actually like some MMPR, in fact.

I may then look into this. thanks.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:43 pm

*looks up the Lie Detector on Google*

THATS what he's using as a finisher? Dude...Truth...use the AXE KICK as the finisher and the forearm as a flashy momentum shifter.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 12:49 pm

Again, I will give R-Truth some credit where credit is due.

He could hit a better Axe Kick than Alica Fox.

Granted, that a 400 lb Gorrila wearing leg shackles in a sleeping bag could hit a better Axe Kick than Alica Fox can, but that aside, yeah. Razz
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 1:23 pm

Like you said, fair play to him for being to hit it. But it deosn't give even the suggestion that it could hurt you enough to keep you down. An Axe Kick would be much better.

Next week, The Undertaker reveals his new finisher - The Feather - where he tickles people into submission...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue May 03, 2011 2:04 pm

While we're on the subject of criticizing finishers. Razz

Ever noticed how Morrison's Starship Pain lands with about as much effectiveness as a Flair top rope spot?

about 90% of the time his trajectory is completely off and misses by a country mile, yet the announcers always try to cover for it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)   WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE Extreme Rules (Spoilers)
Page 1 of 1