CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I gots my Game!!!

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
The OC

The OC

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:52 am

And i got a lame extra with pre-order, 20 bucks off either Survivor Series or TLC PPVs. i dont have cable so most likely i will give it away or something lol. Also note, IT TOOK ME FOREVER to firgure out how to pick someone up. Damn you useless instruction manual.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:05 am

I was gonna say "give it to me!" but then I remembered I don't have cable either. : (

But yeah, i've heard that they changed it from B (which is for pins now) to moving the stick up.

To be honest, a few of these controls sound like i'm going to have to get used to them and they sound unnecessary, since last year's controls were pretty much perfect. I mean, aside from the new grapple system, I wish they hadn't messed with any of the buttons.

Oh well.

And I still have to wait 7 hours for the store to open. (It's currently 4 in the morning here and I can't sleep.)
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:22 am

They'll still have the old button configuration in the options, right?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:23 am

I dunno. I hope so, but no one else has said anything about this so.... I'm going to assume that it's not.

OC, can you change the control scheme? I'm guessing that the new strong/weak grapple chain thing is stuck in no matter what, since it was a big change...

But is there, at least a control option to at least switch B and the stick or something?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:26 am

Oh well, not to worry. I'm sure it'll be fine once we're used to it. I won't be getting my copy until a week on Friday, and I'm going to trade in some old games so I don't have to pay as much for it. Can't afford full priced games, being a dad and all.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:51 am

Like Wheato says, we'll get used to it.

But it would be nice if people posted on here to add control elements not covered in the manual - like the aforementioned picking someone up.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 1:34 pm

UPDATE: I have the game now.

You cannot change the controls to last years. It's this year's controls or nothin'.

It's not that bad at all, in fact I rather like it. But it is going to take some getting used to, definately.

The only criticism I have is that making B pin and having to push UP on the analog stick to pick someone up is going to take a while to get used to, because I keep hitting B to pick them up and instead it just pins.

It doesn't feel right. B should still be picking up and various actions, and Up should still, be a grapple, but whatever. I just have to get used to this, but I have a feeling that I'll be botching matches and pinning a lot when I don't mean to for a while.

As for the new chain grapple system... I have no problems with this whatsoever.
Back to top Go down
The OC

The OC

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 9:06 pm

Yeah i made my first match with Evan Bourne and i kept pinning him lol I won the match without ever picking him up myself lol
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 10:28 pm

I've played about... 4 matches, and I think i've just about got my mind wrapped around it now.

Still, I liked the old pin command. I like the new controls all except that. It just doesn't feel right, even when I have stopped doing it by accident.

The old pin and lift commands were just fine. There was no reason at all to change it.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitimeWed Oct 27, 2010 6:50 am

It's a real shame you can't select the old control setup. I was going to get back into the swing of things by having a few matches in SvR10, but I don't think I will anymore because I'll end up having to adjust to the new controls anyway.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

I gots my Game!!! Empty
PostSubject: Re: I gots my Game!!!   I gots my Game!!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I gots my Game!!!
Page 1 of 1