CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!

Go down 
+3
NightStarX
Faulerro
Mjolnir
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Empty
PostSubject: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 1:40 pm

Dear all

Myron and I were talking this afternoon about the Reunion show, and we both feel the need to say something now at this stage. Now, please, this isn't a moan, it isn't a rant, and it isn't having a go at anyone in particular. But if we want this show to happen in a few weeks, and if there is a genuine desire to make it good, we both want to really encourage you all to start writing some stuff toward the show.

We need to get the stuff written which confirms the match set-ups, and completes the character stories, and we need people to start thinking about planning those actual matches.

Now, believe me, we both know how busy everyone is. It's hard for all of us to find time to write. Myron and I both work long weeks ourselves. But I do have to say we are noticing that a much larger percentage of the role-plays up are written by us than we hoped would be the case.

There have been some good stories started- Rob's, Chio's, Rocket's. And we would both like to see those taken forward. As our stuff shows, you don't even have to have your opponent active to carry n your own story.

Basically Myron and I are starting to get concerned that the enthusiasm is draining away, and that unless we all make a real effort, this show won't happen; which would be a real shame. Certainly we can't write the whole thing, and it would be pointless to do so anyway if we have no character progression to work on.

So please guys, do try to make some effort to tell your stories
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 2:23 pm

Understandable. Lately I've been in a bit of a creative slump and have had trouble getting anything done, but I've finally broke free of that, hence the new roleplay. I have to apologise nonetheless, as I was honestly hoping to be at the challenge stage by this point, and the delay in new stuff from me has been pretty awful.

I hope everyone else can get going with this as well, as there's lots of stories I want to see continued. Hell, I was contemplating doing some collaborative stuff with a few of the guys if they get theirs underway.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:30 pm

I will try to get some additional stuff in.

I had planned also, just for fun and the side bonus, to stick in more incidental stories for the women characters of mine (like the Quadra story) but got side tracked with other things I've got going on as well.)

However, I will try. I know that whole women's match that I wanna do that no one even particularity asked for and isn't officially announced on the pre-match card is gonna make it on. I'm not 100% sure if I can write a lot for the Rocket vs Awesome match but we'll see how that goes.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Jan 24, 2011 3:55 pm

I've been busy in NCW, and am trying really hard to keep these Tag Championships. If I lose them this weekend, I'll start something here against Out Cold.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:14 am

Like David says this came out of a desire to make the reunion show a real winner. To do that we need to be posting some roleplays. We've started to show where people have been and it's probably the time now to start riffing on one another and confirming stipulations.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:55 am

Well, I'm happy to add the woman's match to the card Mike if you want to do a role-play announcing it at the press conference.

Also, just added, is that the Cyde Brothers will be in action during the show. Look out for a role-play setting up the person who has asked to challenge them, coming soon.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 6:40 am

To be honest I've quite simply not had the drive or time in the last few weeks since my last one. I went to write one last week and just scrapped it after 10 minutes. I'm so heavy at work at the moment (as i said I would be) that I come home and half the time wish to do nothing at all, unless I have plans, which is a lot of the time. I mean I've not really even been on here at all, as you may have noticed.

I'm going to attempt to do something over the next two days, as I have a window. After that I'm pretty busy for another week or so after that, but may be able to fit something in towards the end of next week.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeTue Jan 25, 2011 12:04 pm

Rob, I've posted one that you might one to look at. The Prince calling Rob out. I've also got an idea for a type of match. One I've got it right in my head I'll let you know.

As for the matches I'm happy to involved in writing some.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 1:46 pm

Thought I'd bring this back to the top as I need to tell you something. I won't be posting any RPs here for a week or so, and haven't RPed recently because my girlfriends dad passed away last weekend. Obviously, things are difficult here right now, and add my son being quite ill, then I'm sure you can understand why I'm lacking in creativity right now.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 4:02 pm

Really sorry to hear that Wheato. Of course, take care of what you need to take care of.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeSat Feb 05, 2011 6:58 pm

There are more important things that RPs. Take care and chat when you're back.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 5:53 am

I'm slow to comment, but I do hope things improve, Wheato. Good luck with all of that.

On a similar subject, it might be a little tough for me to contribute mid-month (15th onwards) for about a week, as I'll be having a brief sojourn up north. Chances are I'll still be able to bust out a few roleplays, but I'll only be able to do so when borrowing my girlfriend's laptop.

I know it's inconvenient considering the show's supposed to be mid-Feb, and I actually wanted to write a few matches for the show (especially Chio vs Reaper). Perhaps pushing it back a week might help for both Wheato and myself? It all depends on you guys and your schedules.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:06 am

Well, although we have been slower to get to a certain point than we originally anticipated, it does now look like things are happening, and that people are starting to get their ideas together for the show.

With that in mind, I'd like to give people a chance to tell their stories, and so I've no objection to us moving the show back a few weeks, to end Feb or even first couple of weeks of March, just to allow time for those who want to write to actually write.

Chris - are you going to be able to get the meeting RP done between us before your trip? I ask because I need to spin some things off the back of it, and I can do those while you are away if you can get it written before you go.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 6:07 am

Yeah, absolutely. I plan on getting that and a bunch of others done before I head out.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:21 am

The best thing about this being a one-off is that we have no "must get it done by" date, and we can delay it by little bits in order to perfect the thing.

It's sure a lot more advantageous than the stress of weekly events we used to do. Yeah, there's nothing wrong with pushing it back as long as we know no one has abandoned it and we all see a light at the end of the tunnel, still.

No matter when it's up, March, April, later... in my opinion, it's all fine and well just as long as the end result is going to be great and people are still doing it and not putting it off just to procrastinate forever. (That goes for me too, I need to not take advantage of the push back.) But I am enjoying how easy-going this project is.

That said, I have been slacking off with my reply to Steve, and the women's match and playing my games instead. Gotta do those. ehe.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:28 am

I'm cool with the dates going back. Gives me a bit more time to churn out some RP's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!   REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

REUNION SHOW - ALL PLEASE READ!
Page 1 of 1