CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The worst wrestling related video game ever made:

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Empty
PostSubject: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 5:57 am

Worse than Crush Hour ....so fucking awful.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 6:46 am

Why does Steve Austin have a big ass and big moobs?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 7:01 am

I don't even remember that.....

and I'm quite glad I don't!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 10:43 am

It's the hip thrusting that is disturbing me...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeTue Jan 18, 2011 11:01 am

And yes, the game really is as mind-numbingly repetitive as shown here.

For a side scrolling beat-em-up like Final Fight or Streets Of Rage to be any good, it has to have an interesting variety of enemies, coming from many different directions, in different attack waves, patterns and strategies making the game interesting. This is nothing like that, at all.

And even though it's the same publisher and not the same developers, this game is reminiscent of T*HQ's dark and hideous past of horrible NES side-scrollers like Wayne's World, Home Alone, and especially butchering the video game license of my beloved Ren & Stimpy.

Which is by far, the biggest "Betrayal" with this game; Reminding me of the old days in which T*HQ was synonymous with the biggest loads of gaming shit like the aforementioned infamously terrible NES era games, instead of growing into the creators of Smackdown vs Raw, Saints Row, Warhammer, and Red Faction.

Shame, shame, shame on them for even releasing this godawful thing.

Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeWed Jan 19, 2011 2:56 pm

fucking hell that looks like a heap of shit. who in WWF decided this would be a good idea? actually, probably the same person who thought having a belt with a spinning middle section was a good idea. fail
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 12:19 am

Yes...because they nevre sold any of the spinning belts to punters at all...and this game probably sold by the bucket load too! Not so much of fail...it may be crap but if it's crap that sellls...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 1:49 am

I think I remember the game doing miserably in sales. Most people in the US have never even heard of it.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 2:28 am

He has a good point generally though - what we may regard as being tacky or rubbish (like the aforementioned spinner belts) has ultimately made the company a shed load of money, and I dare say that somewhere down the line, the WWE still made money out of this game, even as bad as it was.

Thats why the "Cena Belt" has been around as long as it has, despite the internet fans hating it - its easy to produce as a toy, and they sell loads of them. Mark my words, the next WWE Championship belt will probably have a readout you can programme the champ's name into it, and a display their face or a video of them on a screen on the front - just so the kids that buy the toy version can upload a video their parents shot of them onto it.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 4:00 am

While I agree with you Shand... for god's sake man, don't give them any ideas.

I can totally see them making a belt with a digital headshot of the wrestler displayed on it with an LED scrolling name under it. >_>

I thank god that WWE hasn't already thought of it, yet.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 6:26 am

alfheimprince wrote:
Yes...because they nevre sold any of the spinning belts to punters at all...and this game probably sold by the bucket load too! Not so much of fail...it may be crap but if it's crap that sellls...

Haha, you got me there! Fucking proles!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeThu Jan 20, 2011 11:57 am

lol, i would also say that i was never a fan of it, to be fair, but then again I do remember us doing a roleplay in the WHWF where I introduce a gothed up version of the title belt to annoy the owner. It's was the Austi belt at the time but same principle.

As for the digital belt...how many limbs do I sell to get one???
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 1:07 am

You can already buy a toy belt with digital LED readouts and animations. I just expect them to go further with the principle and actually introduce a real belt like it.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 9:40 am

Where, man, where???
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeFri Jan 21, 2011 11:10 am

Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitimeSat Jan 22, 2011 3:10 am

sweet baby jebus that's crap even by my standards!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The worst wrestling related video game ever made:   The worst wrestling related video game ever made: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The worst wrestling related video game ever made:
Page 1 of 1