CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?

Go down 
+5
The OC
xXAwesomeOneXx
lonewolfshanehunt
Faulerro
NightStarX
9 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Empty
PostSubject: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 1:40 pm

Need ta know, because I'm going to be doing the ring announcing for everyone in my recordings.

And I want to get them right.

This is what I know so far:

Mike Rocket - Mishawaka, Indiana
David Shand - Originally London, England, but now residing in Montana, United States
Shane Hunt - San Diego, California
Chio Reto - Torquay, England
Rob Arnold - The United Kingdom
Steve Awesome - Detroit, Michigan
Myron Fox - The Spiritual Realm of Alfhiem
Out Cold - Columbia, South Carolina
Homer and Reggie - Waukesha, Wisconsin
Dominus - Hailing From The Greater Unknown
Paul James - Cambridge, England
Matt Campbell - New York City
Drake Cairo - Jacksonville, Florida
Javier Profecia - San Jose, California
KC Powers - Orangeburg, South Carolina
Trash Williams - South Bend, Indiana
Derek Vicious - South Bend, Indiana now residing in Spearfish, South Dakota
Suzanne Rickely - Santa Cruz, California
Soudouki Kobayashi - Osaka, Japan
Julie Yafuda - Miami, Florida
K-Lotus - Seoul, South Korea
Amy V - Manchester, England
Justice Dynamite - Baltimore, Maryland
Rachel Starr - Chicago, Illinois
Quadra - The 25th Dimension of Love
Morgan LaFaire - Hailing From The Greater Unknown

Any help with knowing exactly how to call the blank ones would be much appreciated.

Last edited by NightStarX on Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:25 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:12 pm

Chio Reto - Torquay, England
Suzanne Rickley - Santa Cruz, California
Soudouki Kobayashi - Osaka, Japan (not born there, but her family's from it)
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:15 pm

Shane Hunt - San Diego, California
Paul James - Cambridge, England
Dominus - Unknown
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:27 pm

Steve Awesome - Detroit, MI
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
The OC

The OC

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 pm

How the hell did you forget Out Cold in that listing????? and its Columbia, SC lol
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 4:52 pm

Steve Awesome came from Uranus... ;)
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 12:54 am

The Cyberstar is originally from Sheffield, England. Now he splits his time between LA and Tokyo, so I'd bill home from the latter.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:00 am

Just seen Homer and Reggie's name. I remember them coming from somewhere beginning with W as it was in Homer's finisher (the such and such Winder). DS will know. Also, I'll probably be billing The Cyberstar from his spirtual home when he returns, Alfhiem. Don't know if you can include that so I'd go with Tokyo if you can't.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:39 am

Ah, well, i'm asking because I'm going to be doing the ring announcing myself with a microphone on future videos.

Also, in-game Shand lists the Cyde's as being from Wisconsin. I see that was probably accurate, then.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:47 am

Ah, well, bill him from Alfhiem then. Yup, sounds right to me.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:43 am

Alright, i've added these and taken note of them. Went back in and edited the post, too.

I dunno why, but I suddenly decided to bill Dominus as "Hailing From The Greater Unknown", which again... I dunno. Sounds cool. I guess. :P

It's just the kind of thing I always wanted to say as a ring announcer.

I'm also billing Myron's as "The Spirtual Realm of Alfhiem" (Again, I like making more of a big deal about it in the intro with a cool sounding sentance), but again, if you'd rather I keep it simple and say "Alfhiem" and "Unknown", tell me.

I'm gonna say Rob's the way the game says it.

And i'm assuming that Matt is the same previous location as Shand? London? Alrighty, then.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 2:53 am

Happy to be billed from The Spirtual Realm of Alfhiem. It does have a cool sound to it so I'm good with that. :)

Greater Unknown? Is that where all the posher people from Parts Unknown live? ;)
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:16 am

Homer and Reggie Cyde are originally from Waukesha Wisconsin. I use Madison in the game because Waukesha isn't listed, but if you do it yourself, its Waukesha.

Matt as Matt is from Croydon, England, but if he's Fireball then it would be New York City, where he has an apartment overlooking Central Park. As you'll likely be using him in Fireball and Trinity guise, I'd go for New York City.

And yes, "currently residing in Montana, USA" is right for the Reaper.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:21 am

Got it. Fixed. : D

Thanks!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:23 am

The Reaper...originally from Egoville and now hailing from up his own backside...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:26 am

alfheimprince wrote:
The Reaper...originally from Egoville and now hailing from up his own backside...

I wish this board didn't automatically erase my emoticons, because I would seriously post a "lmao" smiley at that one. What a perfect burn. I just love the way the sentance is structured.

If I ever turn Myron on Shand in Story Designer someday, i'm gonna have him come out and do Shand's entrance call and have Myron make that line. hahaha.

Yes, I think a WWE version of a Myron and Shand feud would be golden. But first of course, I have to give the Trinity a long and prosperous push and run for it to work. :3
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:32 am

alfheimprince wrote:

The man who believes himself to be a superior half-alien fish prince is accusing me of having an ego?

Never mind Fox, I really do think you'll be remembered after I retire.....just not a moment before.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:36 am

Reaper wrote:
alfheimprince wrote:

The man who believes himself to be a superior half-alien fish prince is accusing me of having an ego?

And I just found the perfect retort to use!

You guys are like a goldmine for character bickering inspiration. :3
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:41 am

We can keep that sort of shit up for hours, and usually do whenever we meet up.

I should add that its not serious and is all done out of friendship and genuine affection for each other....

I should say that, but the truth is I hate the bastard.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:46 am

Reaper wrote:

We can keep that sort of shit up for hours, and usually do whenever we meet up.

I should add that its not serious and is all done out of friendship and genuine affection for each other....

I should say that, but the truth is I hate the bastard.

It's a shame that you guys aren't familiar with certain anime, because there's two characters in a show called Azumanga Daioh that I could almost plaster your guys's faces on, and it'd work. :p
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:55 am

Now that i've said that, I'm having images in my mind of Shand and Myron in magenta schoolgirl outfits and I really don't want that mental image. >_>
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:56 am

I do like my anime and manga but haven't come across that one.

As DS says it does come from a long friendship. Long because the ninjas I hired haven't managed to take him out yet...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:00 am

I dunno, though. You guys may find it a little too syrupy, and cutesy at times. But on the whole it really is a very funny, bizarre, and at times heartfelt, beautiful little show in it's own right.

Maybe I'll FINALLY get around to using that Review Section and review all these different things I watch.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 9:58 am

My tastes may run to the elven, the vampire and the robot but I'm willing to give anything a tumble. My fave anime is Vampire Hunter D: Bloodlust. I've just bought myself a bit of manga action, in the shape of the Castlevania: Curse of Darkness line (set before the game of the same name...). Can you see a link there...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:39 pm

Whereas I have never really been a Manga fan, with the exception - like Myron - of loving Battle of the Planets when I was a kid.
Back to top Go down
The OC

The OC

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 4:53 pm

Oh yeah, just look past you forgot me and added like nothing :P
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 5:21 pm

That list definitely isn't as sexy without Out Cold in it.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 6:58 am

Back to the original topic for a moment, Bristol, Englad is where you want Rob Arnold to come from, but as its not on SD vs R (As I'm guessing that may be what you're after it for) then residing from Tampa, Fla is cool, even if not strictly true any more.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 12:09 pm

On the subject of announcing, perhaps we should list the big move names for our characters, since the signatures and existing moves aren't customisable like the created finishers? That might help Mike with this project. Here's mine:

Chio Reto:
Finisher 1: ChiDT (Edgecution)
Finisher 2: Unbroken Light (as listed, big elbow)
Signature 1: Chi-Capitation (Super Kick)
Signature 2: Chihuahua Bomb (Sitout Powerbomb)
Main Submission: Chi-Lock (Ankle Lock)
Secondary Submission: Blue Cross (Sleeper Hold)
Additional: Amnesia Drop (Northern Lights Bomb)

Soudouki Kobayashi:
Finisher 1: Okonomiyaki (as listed, slap and Regal Cutter)
Finisher 2: Shinju Hikari (as listed, big leaping elbow)
Signature 1: Sou-nami (King Special scissors kick)
Signature 2: Panther Driver (Double Underhook Powerbomb)
Main Submission: Vanity Mirror (Sharpshooter, best pulled off after Panther Driver)
Secondary Submission: Kobayashi Armbar (Armbar struggle submission)

Man, feels like I'm writing up the old contracts again!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:37 pm

Actually, let's just say......

"Hey guys!!! Aaaany relevant announcer-relevant information for your characters that you could possibly give me, please do.

The more stuff I know about your guys, the more I'll be able to say.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 2:39 pm

Don't tell him anything! We may be able to shut him up once and for all! :P

Edit: The little tongue out emote isn't showing...
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeMon Dec 06, 2010 3:01 pm

Steve Awesome.

From Detroit, MI.

Weighs 244

Height 6'2"

Nicknames: Blast of Class, The Prettiest Player in the Game, The "Face of the Franchise", Awesome One

TKO = SteveKO

Styles Clash Piledriver = Ego Check

Super kick = Jawbreaker

Moonsault Double Foot Stomp = Wrath of the Dragon

Rings of Saturn = Everybodies Favorite Submission Hold (EFSH)

Cross Face Chicken Wing = SteveVD Player

Cross Face Chicken Wing Suplex = Ejected
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeTue Dec 07, 2010 1:01 am

The thing is, I think I've tinkered with my character's moveset several times on the game, so I can't recall exactly what he has on the version I uploaded. But:

Height: 7'2"
Weight: 341lbs (he's about 25lbs lighter now than he was)

Finisher: Screwdriver Piledriver (Tortured Soul)
Finisher: Top Rope twisting pedigree (The End Game)

Trademark: Code Blue (7th Level)
Trademark: Clothesline from Hell from prone (Scythe)

Regular moves

Fisherman's suplex / Fisherman's buster (Fall of the Empire)
Hanging on the ropes DDT (London Bridge)
Cyclone/F5 (Reap the Whirlwind)
Haas of Pain (the ORIGINAL Liontamer, before Jericho stole the name and used it for his move!)

Aside from that, you can just mention how he likes to use his power to his advantage, and how he's got a more aggressive style than we have seen before.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeWed Dec 08, 2010 2:15 am

Homer Cyde:
Height: 6'5"
Weight: 262lbs

Finisher: Red, White, and Blue (suplex combination into bridged German)
Finisher: Waukesha Winder (Ankle Lock)

Trademark: Double Axe Handle (Homer Run)

(I'll add some more when I remember them)

Reggie Cyde
Height: 6'6"
Weight: 241lbs

Finisher: Pork Chop Express (pump handle stunner)
Finisher: Jailbreak (Hunting RKO)

Trademark: Lethal Injection (Superkick)
Trademark: Punt Kick

(Likewise will add more as I remember them)
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 6:24 pm

Bumping this thread, since everyone is probably writing their matches at the moment and might need this information for whatever reason, as I do.

I had to go and search for it. So maybe bumping it will help more people than just me.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:31 am

One change to this, I'd prefer Shand to be announced as from Oxfordshire, England, again now, as he's moved back to Asterson House.

Also, the move list above - go by the one in the character bio thread instead.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:25 am

Not that it really matters Joxide's would be "Hailing from overseas". No one knows where he lives and he's not about to start telling people! Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?   Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where "exactly" is everyone's character here from?
Page 1 of 1