CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Empty
PostSubject: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:40 am

So, hey. Remember that whole thing with the Hurricane and how he's only in RTWM, and is unplayable and not able to be unlocked as an unlockable and NPC only?

Well... it's been proven that EVERYTHING of his exists in the PS3 and 360 game and is completely perfectly playable.... he's just been completely disabled by WWE's direct request.

Basically the PS3 is a hackable system (because of the recent exploit that hackers have taken full advantage of lately), whiile the 360 for the most part is not. Or at least, not easily.

Yet, it's been proven with clear video evidence on the PS3 that his music, his entrance, his video, all of his moves, and everything for Hurricane is on the disc because videos have come out of this, already. A match against Undertaker has made it's rounds on Youtube.

Which means that Hurricane is finished, just disabled. The WWE must really have wanted him removed from the game due to the controversy with his release, which unlike Shelton I guess, WWE felt players shouldn't even be able to play him. But yet he's featured in the story line that couldn't be removed because of the voice over so they were forced to let that slide.

All of this compounded by the fact that Marcus is very tightlipped about why he's NPC only, and has stated that he is absolutely not allowed to answer this question. That tells me it was WWE decision and as their licencor to them, he's not at liberty to legally talk about it.

So, in all honesty, this really annoys me a lot, knowing that everything exists in the game disc for him but Hurricane is stuck, forever unplayable because of some bureaucracy bullshit. Just the thought that a character is disabled is one thing, but I actually like Hurricane.

Man. That's a huge disappointment, knowing that it's all there for the playing, but you just can't pick him because WWE said no. What a crock.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 5:48 am

Its hardly the first time its happened though. Warrior was on the disc for a past Smackdown game, and just totally disabled, and other characters have been as well.

Like you say, probably a last minute decision and they couldn't remove him from the story. I know he has recently been more critical of the WWE and the relationship has soured somewhat, so I assume its down to that.

I'm not that bothered to be honest. We've got plenty of characters to use, plus CAWs. I don't think I'll miss him that much.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 6:03 am

Yeah. I just find it very annoying that due to WWE politics and relationship with Helms himself on a personal level, that game players are the ones that end up suffering for it. That just feels horribly unfair. And the situation with Warrior was as well.

Again, i'll live, it's just kinda bleh and annoying, since this game prides it's roster count.

I have to admit I've been a big fan of Hurricane's gimmick for the longest time as well. But my younger brother, on the other hand, absolutely adores him.

Like, to the point where I don't even wanna tell my brother that he's unplayable, nor would I like him to witness the corresponding RTWM, because I know he'd be way more bothered by it than me.

My brother even bought a Hurricane doll several years back and still displays it on his wall above his other things, to give you an idea (my bro is autistic. High functioning, but still, he loves Hurricane and this would be a major blow to him, in that way.)

And of course, when it comes down to that, it also seems unfair when you realize that RVD is also in, and I'm positive that if he had joined TNA a week sooner than he did, they would have pulled him out as well.

I'm hoping the WWE isn't gonna go so far as to demand a patch that locks him. But even I don't think they'd be that petty. Then again, locking Helms from a video game is in itself quite petty.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:38 pm

So wait...your saying they didnt add him as a playable character at the get go....but everything you need to create him in CAW is at your disposal?

So we could just create him anyway?

That whole "controversy" with Helms and Jericho was garbage anyways. I hate when people with a "celebratory status" do anything even remotely against the norm its suddenly so taboo and people take offense to it. I mean, God forbid, to people regardless of who they or who the work for decide they wanna have a few drinks? They were in a cab for crying out loud.....

At least they didnt fire Jericho.

and RVD being in the game is weird, considering he's been in TNA for a few months now. Almost makes me want to make a small stable of TNA guys on my game to work against the WWE.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 12:51 pm

Wouldn't be surprised if the locked his entrance and moves as well. WWE have never been consistent with their punishments- it all depends on their relative worth to the company. Remember the infamous farewell at MSG with HBK, HHH and Hall and Nash. HBK got off scot free. HHH was wrestling in pig shit for a year.

So it's no wonder Hurricane got worse treated than Jericho.

His being removed from the game though is probably more to do with his anti-WWE comments over the Summer.

By contrast, RVD may have joined TNA but he's never slagged WWE off, has a legends deal with them, and remains on good terms with the company. I don't think they are that pissed off with him being at TNA tbh.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 1:58 pm

xXAwesomeOneXx wrote:
So wait...your saying they didnt add him as a playable character at the get go....but everything you need to create him in CAW is at your disposal?

I'm absolutely not saying that at all.

I don't mean that you can create him or that these things are selectable. I have no idea if this is the case, but they very well could have locked everything like his music, video moves, and entrance too.

I just mean that the code for this stuff to happen via his entrance and playing as him is in the game's code and it's, but the option to play as him has been entirely removed. And you can only possibly play as him by hacking, and only the PS3 is capable of it. He's there and inaccessible.

It all seems unnecessary, and it annoys me that the WWE went this route instead of just letting him stay in the game as he was.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:15 pm

Ah.....I understand now.

I'm not to heartbroken I wont be able to play as The Hurricane.....but just the fact itself is a little ridiculous.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitimeSun Oct 24, 2010 2:17 pm

xXAwesomeOneXx wrote:
Ah.....I understand now.

I'm not to heartbroken I wont be able to play as The Hurricane.....but just the fact itself is a little ridiculous.

Agreed, mostly. I am pretty disappointed just a little bit, as i've always liked the gimmick and costume, but at the end of the day, it's basically personal vendettas that go over the heads of most fans, and yet they are the ones being restricted here. It sucks.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.   Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Wow. This game completly disables a playable character from working.
Page 1 of 1