CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Empty
PostSubject: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 1:43 pm

Sorry. I know i'm already taking a rather controversial opinion on Brock Lesnar in WWE '12 already, but I've just seen an article that sours my opinion even more than it already was. And I feel like i've got to address it.

But THIS: http://espn.go.com/espn/thelife/videogames/blog/_/name/thegamer/id/7088494/brock-lesnar-talks-wwe-12-undertaker-possible-return-professional-wrestling?readmore=fullstory

This kind of angers me. I'll mention why.

I'm no longer going to mention his ability or his actual skills or his WWE legacy because we all know my views on that.

What is really angering me right here, at this moment, at least, is his continuing attitude, coming from this article.

His mouth. His fucking ego. And his thinly veiled insults towards the business, barely covered behind a veil of disingenuous lip-service to Vince.

And why, if not for his career being lackluster in my eyes (which, is very subjective I admit, David has already set me straight on some things involving his value to the WWE during his time, and I concede some of), this is why, for other reasons NOT pertaining to his career is why I think he doesn't deserve to be in this game.

His comments in this article. And that being immortalized in a game, i.e part of WWE merchandise is entirely undeserved.

First of all, if it's one thing he's been immensely famous for, it's that whenever Brock Lesnar opens his mouth, it's pure diarrhea. This perfectly sums it up for me:
----
Jon Robinson: Do you have any regrets about leaving WWE?

Brock Lesnar: I don't have any regrets. If I had any regrets,
it would have been that I wish I enjoyed my time there a little bit
better. I'm not a very good yes man, and I'm not very easily controlled.

-----

So, not being a good yes-man, and not easily controlled.... to Lesnar..... basically means "the way they work is shit, because I'm Brock Fucking Lesnar and having respect in a business that's all about respect is for jellyfish." Which is what that sounds like to me.

He's shitting on the way the business works after they bent over backwards to give him everything they had, becuase he's not a yes-man and paying any kind of due is for suckers? Ooh. He's real, alright. A real asshole.

If it's one thing that is known about the WWE heirchy and ability to make it in all areas of this business is a respect for one's peers and what they do, and a respect to be a team player and not act like you're bigger than everyone. Clearly, to Lesnar, the actual duties of being a WWE wrestler or a pro-wrestler in general, is all about "being a yes man."

Fuck him.

And on the subject of acting better than everyone else, there's this respectful, humble little tidbit:

"I think during the time that I spent there, I dominated the show. "

Of course you did. You were pushed to.

Do you think you wouldn't have been jobbing out to Chuck Palumbo if WWE told you to? Sure, they wouldn't do that. It wasn't in their business model because they were banking on him being a force. They allowed him to be one here.

But if they DID have that in their business model, for a rookie like Brock on, let's say, his first day, or a dark match, would he have layed down for anyone? In WWE, you are required to do so and pay some dues if they tell you to. It's earning something. Brock apparently sees "earning something" as being a yes man.

I recall Kurt Angle was ridiculous on his debut for a while before being moved up to the big guns. Becuase Kurt had some humility and was willing to rise. I can see Brock throwing a tantrum if they had him even think of coming in seriously against Shawn Stesiak, and going on to work extended periods with Steve Blackman, Rikishi, and Crash Holly in anything other than squashes.

I know it's a blanket statement to say he "dominated" everyone, but seriously... if it's not a work, than who honestly says that about being in the WWE?

Who says that in general? Beyond kayfabe, I mean.

But ok, Brock dominated. For one reason or another, let's say it's a fact that he did. (And he did, I won't lie. Even though they planned for him to.)

why does Brock feel that he dominated?

Wellll.... In the article, I see this, over and over...

------
" I was probably one of the true athletes in the company"

"I was a true wrestler. I was a Division I national champion. I came into
the business wanting one thing and one thing only, and that was to be
the champion,"

" I was an entertainer but at the end of the day, I'm still as real as it gets."

"If I had any regrets, it would have been that I wish I enjoyed my time there a little bit better."

" I approached it as being real"

" I was a real character"

"I didn't have a gimmick name, I didn't have a gimmick finish"

"
I put a lot of guys out of the ring because I was real"

"he was just plain downright scared to get in the ring with me" (referring to STEVE AUSTIN.)
-------

Playing the "real" card, much, Brocky?

REAL.

REAL. Real, real, real, real, real, real, real, real, real, real, real, real, real. He's real. They're fake. We fucking get it.

I'm real, I do real. Real is me. Real this. Real that.

All the times he throws that around, just pisses me off. It pisses me when ANYONE throws this "fake" shit around, so why does he get to do it and get such a free pass?

And it's gotta be obvious what he's saying, as many fucking times as he says it.

It might as well be: "WWE is fake and I'm real and I could beat everyone, because I don't earn anything, I dominate everyone cuz i'm better, i'm a real wrestler, they're not real wrestlers, i hated being there and sucking up, cuz i'm real, i'll beat everyone with their own arms..."

Shut the fuck up, Lesnar. Just.... shut up.

This "real" card is the thing that pisses me off the most about everyone that puts down wrestling, and it's damn sure obvious he's never gotten over this or his neanderthal mindset.

I'm real, and they're all scared and blah blah blah I was bigger than their "wrestling".

And of course, this just obvious sets off all kinds of comments from people below in the ESPN article...

Taken together, it's almost verbatim: "WWE is lame, WWE is fake, I can beat everybody, everyone was scared because I was real, I hated it, because they were fake and wussy. blah blah blah."

I'm not saying anything about his actual career in this thread, i'm just saying Brock is an utter shit-head with no respect for the WWE, then or now.

And why he's in this game, even for this reason alone, i'll never know or understand.

WWE throws an already playable, completed Hurricane Helms out of Smackdown vs Raw 2011, for shitting on their wellness policy on seperate news outlets after being released.

then

WWE falls all over themselves to put in someone this year who shits on the WWE in his promotional articles for WWE '12.

Not gonna lie. I don't fucking get it.

He's in the game because he'll get royalties from it. Simple.

Clearly he wouldn't agree to it for anything other than the money, if he's just going to accept being in the game and then shit on WWE and the way they work... and keep heavily insulating that it's all fake and that he's better as he does, in promotional articles for the fucking game itself.

What a horrible fucking attitude. I am still trying like hell to respect the fact that he's in this, but as always, when Brock opens his goddamn mouth, he unfailingly sticks his foot in it.

This shitty attitude of his makes me want to job him out to Yoshi Tatsu. Which I have a feeling I just might do.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Empty
PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:31 pm

A wrestler has an attitude...wow, really? Wink

Ok, that was a bit tongue in cheek but be fair. There's a lot of people that have had the same attitude. People who refuse to job to other people because they reckon they are more real. Didn't Bill Goldberg once get taken down by Jericho because he was being a jerk about being 'real'? Doesn't Hogan think the sun rises and falls on his very words?

Also, of course he's going to say he's real. It's what his MMA fans want to hear. The WWE fans, well, they will ever be his fans and agree that he was better than everybody else or be against him and pay good money to see him wrestle again.

Plus, at the end of the day this is a business. As much as I like Helms he's not going to put many more dollars on the money people are going to pay just to play him/beat him up. Nope, but they will for Lesnar.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:35 pm

Because its late and I need to be up early to get into work, I really can't be bothered at this stage to set out chapter and verse about how wrong I believe your interpretation of Brock's comments are, or set out how and when I think you are choosing to spin an interpretation of his words to fit your own personal view of the man.

I may go into more detail tomorrow if I have a spare half an hour though, so be ready. :0)

What I will say though, Mike, is I do think on this one subject you lack a degree of objectivity. As critical as I am of people slagging off the business, I don't view Brock's comments with anything like the negative angle you do, and further I completely understand why someone who now trades themselves as a legitimate MMA fighter would choose to make them.

I think maybe you need to think a little more about what is really being said here, not what you may like to think he means, simply because you have a personal dislike of the man.

For comparison, as you brought him up, I would actually say that Shane Helms' recent comments toward the WWE are a lot more damaging and show a much greater degree of ungratefulness than Brock's.

As I say, I may expand more tomorrow.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:40 pm

Yes. I will condede now that you mention the Hogan thing.

By my definition of saying Brock doesn't deserve to be in a WWE game, I am also, by proxy suggesting that someone like Hulk Hogan doesn't deserve to be in a WWE game, which if I said THAT, would be equally bollocks.

.......So I will grant you that point, entirely. I should probably re-asses my feelings, and just be honest in saying that my feelings are probably being clouded by how pissed off this article has made me.

Brock has always been known for shooting off his mouth and getting himself in trouble. On so many occasions. Someone could write a book on all the stupid things he's done or said publicly.

Same with Hogan.

But Hogan is a legend, and if I can view Hogan with that same separation between the real douche-of-a-man that I have no respect for, and the legendary yellow and red cartoonish (in a good way) iconic symbol he used to be, perhaps I should respect Lesnar's deserveness with a spoonful of sugar, as well.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:48 pm

I could also look at it this way:

Nash is in the game and he's always been way overrated.

Vader is in the game and he isn't a jaw dropping, legend of all time that is dealt with reverence as one of the all time greats.

By just looking at Brock's inclusion as "A big guy from the past that used to really bash a lot of heads in and be a tough guy from a while back", it's not so bad.

Really, if I just take away the hype of THQ keeping him a mystery for 2 months, I can admit that's probably one of the only reasons i'm overthinking Lesnar's inclusion, and i've not a whole lot of right to bitch about an optional character.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 3:50 pm

And Micheal Cole is known to be DLC.

...so yeah. Anyone looks deserving next to a playable Cole. Razz
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeThu Oct 13, 2011 4:06 pm

It'll be like Ric Flair...man, it was satisfying making him bleed in the older games! I'm guessing Coley will be the whipping boy for many a gamer in the next few months...Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 5:24 am

I'm going to take Cole to WWE title glory! I think he deserves it, as he's way underrated as a wrestler lol.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:56 am

Then surely it's the Cole-Arquette clash...a true battle of our times!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitimeFri Oct 14, 2011 9:58 am

...but before that match we seem them team against Rodman and Dustin Diamond, The Immortals (with Mr Hogan as their manager, if course...)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:   I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article: Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I know i'm going to get a lot more flack for this, but recent Brock thoughts after this article:
Page 1 of 1