CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Stand up for the Week

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Stand up for the Week Empty
PostSubject: Stand up for the Week   Stand up for the Week Icon_minitimeThu May 05, 2011 1:28 am

So, last night myself and a couple of friends went along to the taping of Channel 4's "Stand up for the Week". For those who haven't seen it, its a topical comedy show in which a regular group of comedians come on and talk about the world's news, and then a guest comic comes on and does a 20 minute or so set at the end.

The show is taped weekly at the Koko Club in Camden, London. Tickets are free, but its complete pot luck where you get to stand/sit once you get there, and they over allocate tickets and then fill the place on a first come first served basis.

We struck incredibly lucky as we were given a table dead centre right at the front (I like to think my good looks make for a good TV crowd).

The show itself was brilliant. Two and a half hours (it will be boiled down to 50 minutes for the TV show) of fantastic comedy from top comedians Kevin Bridges, Jack Whitehall, John Richardson, Rich Hall and Andi Osho as the regular group, and from Andrew Lawrence as the special guest. Just brilliant stuff covering Osama Bin Laden, the Royal Wedding, and the week's other topical news.

The show is on Channel 4, this Saturday at 10:20pm. For our American friends, its usually uploaded to Youtube as well a couple of days after.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand

Stand up for the Week
Page 1 of 1