CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Faulerro

Faulerro

Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania Empty
PostSubject: Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania   Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeFri Apr 01, 2011 6:35 am

Going forward, it seems WWE are finally dropping the term "wrestling" once and for all.

In a bit of strange timing considering the date, World Wrestling Entertainment has announced a name change, instead calling themselves Whole World Entertainment. This is to establish themselves as a multifaceted company, and to hopefully wipe off that pesky "wrestling company" image that's been plaguing them for years.

The full article can be found here: http://bit.ly/gnbFEC It really beggars belief.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania   Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 11:45 am

Okay, it's kind of funny that I posted this joke thing a few days back, because apparently going forward they're not going to be called World Wrestling Entertainment any more. They're just WWE. Seriously.

The only use of "wrestle" will be in regards to WrestleMania. That's it. In any other means, they're abandoning it. You know, aside from the actual wrestling going on in the ring.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania   Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeSun Apr 03, 2011 12:15 pm

Well, on one hand that does irritate me, greatly.

Because they are acting ashamed of what it is they DO.

On the other hand though, I can't be fully enraged about it, because, well... at least they havn't replaced the actual word with another word.

Pretending that the second W doesn't mean anything anymore, that's a little irritating, but if they changed the MEANING of the second W to erase it AND replace it, then i'd be pissed.

Not to say that this doesn't disappoint me a lot, but it's the one thing that teeters the line, but doesn't step over it, to keep me from getting mad.

However, you know what would be great? If TNA finally capitalized on this, by scrapping all their horrible storylines, all their awful gimmicks, all their trashy bullshit in the worst of taste, and reversed all thrusters, fired Dixie Carter, and turned the product from incoherent garbage and went into trying to be more like a strictly WRESTLING based promotion like ROH and instead compete with WWE by suddenly taking itself all SERIOUSLY.

But hahaha that'll never happen hahaha. Not with their current management.

And the fact that to do this, they'd need to clean house by removing 98% of management and letting go of at least 52% of the current talent. And let's face it, they're not going to do that.

Even though the risk is well worth the reward seeing how godawful straits their company is in right now, I don't, for a second, believe that they see reality the way it is for them right now, from beneath their bubble of self-hype, enough to take drastic steps enough to fix it.

I'm positive TNA is still deluding themselves into thinking they're still doing "just fine." I don't even think they are even going to fire the Hardys. Which right now, are two of the biggest albatrosses around their neck. Not that they don't have a dozen other rocks tied to it, but whatever. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania   Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:41 am

I think the move away from wrestling has been coming for a while, since the E was added. I agree with Mike that they almost seemed ashamed of what they do. By all means branch out and go into other media but keep your base product intact.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania   Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Big WWE announcement prior to Wrestlemania
Page 1 of 1