CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

How We Got Here (Part 5 - New Message)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
RobArnold

RobArnold

How We Got Here (Part 5 - New Message) Empty
PostSubject: How We Got Here (Part 5 - New Message)   How We Got Here (Part 5 - New Message) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 22, 2011 4:14 pm

ooc: Bit of a short filler one before the final part tomorrow.

2nd December 2010

Snow has gripped the country of Great Britain, and oh what havoc it has created. Up and down the country people are stuck in their homes, not able to work, people are panicking about the winter to come. However not I, not Rob Arnold. I’ve given up worrying about trivial matters such as this, because I have a lot more on my hands to deal with. My son is now six months old, he’s beginning to cause me stress like all young children do. My work is now running a much tighter ship, so much so that I’m almost not needed. The little matter that was Webber? Let’s just say I called in a favour with one L Chant of Bournemouth, who knows how to make people quieter than him, which is something I never thought possible.

This bad weather has pushed people out of the office, like so many. However for me this has become a bonus, conferencing online has allowed me to stay at home a lot more, give Sharon a bit more time to herself, rather than having young Michael attached to her constantly. However, much like today, it’s given me more opportunity to head to the gym.

I’ve been in the gym for about two hours now, in the last hour more specifically I’ve been doing ring work, some sparring but also just small drills I always used to do to keep me sharp. I’ve been upping my drills as of late, mainly because I can, and I feel able to, but also because I’ve been receiving messages from various promotions to go back on the road. Clearly somebody has leaked the fact that I’m training again, even if the motivation is innocent. I’ve declined most offers or simply ignored them, however just yesterday one in particular caught my attention.

"Hi Mr Arnold this is Harry Bright from CXA Promotions. We’re getting a reunion show from the CWA and TXA Alumni together and was wondering if you’d like to make an appearance in the show? We’d be delighted if you could come and wrestle for the night…"
The CXA? I laughed when I heard the message to start with, the reason being the irony that TXA was born out of TXI and CWA, so for CXA to be from CWA and TXA, well there seemed a hint of interbreeding about it all!

I politely called back and left a message, saying I was retired and had a family and job which would make such a commitment difficult. Truth be told I didn’t even think twice in rejecting them, I don’t want the payout, so why put myself through it? Besides who would they put me against that I would genuinely wish to face? No doubt I’d end up humiliating Ian Poole or Joanie Lee. It wasn’t interesting me in the slightest.

Still, that’s not to suggest I haven’t thought about a ring return, however with everything else running how it is, why disrupt that?
I bring my training session to a halt and hit the showers, the gym is very basic but has all I need, and always has been like that. As the water hits me memories begin to flood back of the CWA and to a lessor extent the TXA, the good times and the bad. Nostalgia always grips me at moments like these, when the water from the shower hits you and your mind switches off as your body warms to the water.
I get changed and head towards the exit, from my right pocket I grab my phone and examine it.

"You have one new message, first new message." Says the automated woman.

"Mr Arnold, this is Harry Bright again from CXA Promotions…" I almost hit the delete button already. "Thank you for your call yesterday ,we’d like to make you another offer, we have an opponent for you."

Oh this should be good, go ahead Bright, shock me.

"Myron Fox."

I stop, my complexion changes, almost a small frown. Myron Fox? He must have wanted a match with me, that I have no doubt, but I could swear he went off the scene? I am immediately skeptical about all this, especially Fox’s motives. Still, there is one problem within all my rejection for all this, I am now intrigued. Curiosity has certainly enticed this cat! I look at the phone and press the redial button.

"Mr Bright? Rob Arnold, regarding your latest call…"

"Yes?" Asks Bright.

"Make me an offer."
Back to top Go down

How We Got Here (Part 5 - New Message)
Page 1 of 1