CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Return of the podcast idea.

Go down 
+3
Mjolnir
Drogoth
NightStarX
7 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Return of the podcast idea. Empty
PostSubject: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 8:07 pm

Just to mention, i've had Skype for a while and it's pretty cool (if not a little confusing at first)

But I've been thinking of that old podcast idea again. Who has any kind of voice recording capability with their computer and could download Skype for this? Because I do have an account. It's NightStarX99.

I can put something together when it gets to be Tuesday (because i'm going somewhere tomorrow and will be back then), but if we can get a few people to put this together, i'm game for us to get together and talk and I can record it. Who else is?
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:34 am

Mike, I have Skype so I'll add you at some point.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:11 am

I've not downloaded Skype (though I might do). However, I know the Mac has a built-in web-cam and microphone, so I assume I could use it.

I actually rather like the idea of doing a role-play as an audio interview.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 1:39 am

I'm just now starting to realize that I'm going to be the only American on the podcast (and in fact am possibly on the site aside from Steve and OC.)

haha. Razz

Maybe we should call it "Assorted Brits And A Yank Go On About Things." Razz
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 2:14 am

I'm really impressed with some of the roleplay format ideas that have come out of CXA minds. I don't think I could write a good walk-to-the-ring-and-grab-a-mic based roleplay again, I just don't have the ideas and creativity for it.

Audio roleplays! Who would've thought it? Gentlemen, the future has arrived!

I'm definitely keen for this!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:51 am

To be honest, I'm not as keen on that one. You guys can, but I'd like to generally keep live conversations for live conversations, myself. If you guys like it, go for it though.

Which is not to say that it's a bad idea, as my next RP is actually going to be (and I even planned out with him via PM's) an audio roleplay "worked shoot" type roleplay as a Youtube video against Steve, but it will be more of a pre-planned, thought out, non-live RP that i'm going to need to script.

It mostly just comes down to me knowing that if I'm going to do any kind of acting, I'd have to really, really prepare myself for it, and be in a specific "zone" for that with the requisite performance and multiple takes kind of thing, I guess.

You guys can do that certainly, but for live talking, I probably won't be all in that one. I'd just be more inclined for frank, live, real conversations as myself.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:23 am

I did actually mean scripting a role-play interview and then recording it, rather than doing a "live" interview in character. I just think it would be something different.

But yes, I also like the idea of just having a live general chat conversation as ourselves.

And as for roleplay ideas, I too also like the fact that people are doing more outside the box styles of roleplay these days. I've always liked that sort of novella character development stuff, and we've seen some excellent things in the past couple of months on here. I've really enjoyed reading everyone's roleplays.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:41 am

In that case, I might be persuaded to do some Rocket audio stuff, that's been written up, and edited together as part of an outside-the-podcast, in-character project. Very Happy

By the way, regarding a chat format, I was thinking we could hold a recording test sometime, where we get familiar with it and one another... and then a formatted episode after we've gotten it (and one another) all worked out.

And then, was thinking it could be a three-topic conversation. What would you guys want for the first real show?

Perhaps, 1. Video games, 2. Wrestling thoughts, and 3. General "anything anyone wants to say" topic? That's just my thoughts and examples. What kind of structure and topics do you guys want? Also, every episode, our topics could change or even be voted upon.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:50 am

I have Skype and would like to get involved in whatever you guys want to do, but I'll be travelling all Tuesday, so it'd have to be on a different day.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:06 am

Sure thing. I'll be back then, but i'm in for whenever everyone can get together.

This should be magical.

.....And I also want to elect Shane to be our Karl Pilkington. Razz
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:18 am

Fuck off! lol
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:50 am

Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:19 am

I'd be game to get involved however, usually can find an odd hour or two a week for things like this.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitimeFri Feb 18, 2011 12:32 pm

I just got a skype account. my username is: j.seizure
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Return of the podcast idea.   Return of the podcast idea. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Return of the podcast idea.
Page 1 of 1