CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Empty
PostSubject: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 2:59 pm

I just thought i'd post how awesome it is to have a separate hard drive and a completely separate saved game for a WCW only roster of CAWs. Very Happy

By the way, here's a trick. If you have another drive, or a USB pen drive even (because the 360 accepts those now).

If you go into your system items and examine your Smackdown vs Raw 2011 Save Data, you'll see two files on the bottom that aren't linked to your gametag (meaning that you can copy these files, unlike your saved games which can only be moved but not copied.)

These are Marketplace Data 1 and 2. This is your DLC, your settings, everything you purchased, your fan axxess and your online axxess. You CAN copy these to another account. So if you want a seperate saved game that still can go online without a pass, edit attributes, and has all your Bret Hart, Lex Luger, Wade Barret's NXT arenas, and British Bulldog stuff and all your DLC, you can do that.

Also, this is a good trick, if you can make a new account that gets a free trial month of Gold. Wink

Anyway, I took all last night to burn 2 CD's full of themes, for a crapload of WCW guys that I downloaded from Community Creations with my new free trial gold.

I now have situated on the WCW brand:

Alex Wright
Arn Anderson
Bret Hart (DLC version)
Barry Windham
Billy Kidman
Bobby Heenan
Booker T
Brian Pillman
Buff Bagwell
Chris Jericho (WCW caw version)
Chris Kanyon
Curt Henning
Dean Malenko
Diamond Dallas Page
Disco Inferno
Eddy Guerrero
Eric Bischoff
Fit Finlay (The In-Game Superstar Version with Superstar Threads)
Goldberg
Hugh Morrus
Hollywood Hulk Hogan
Jake Roberts (In-game version)
Jeff Jarrett
Hacksaw Jim Duggan
Juventud Guerrera
Kevin Nash
Konnan
Lex Luger (DLC Version)
La Parka
Mean Gene Okerlund
Meng
Norman Smiley
Perry Saturn
Prince Iaekea
Psicosis
Ricky Steamboat (In-Game version)
Randy Savage
Raven
Rey Mysterio Jr (WCW CAW version)
Ric Flair
Rick Steiner
Scott Hall
Scott Norton
Scott Steiner
Steve "Mongo" McMichael
Stevie Ray
Sting
Sycho Sid
Syxx
Terry Funk (In-game version)
The Giant
Tony Schiavone
Ultimo Dragon
Vincent

With an nWo Stable, an nWo B-Team Stable, Harlem Heat, The Steiners, The Four Horsemen, and Raven's Flock.

So now, I am totally ready for that WCW Nitro Arena when it comes out. Very Happy Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 6:23 pm

No Lance Storm? No Team Canada? WHAT??
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeSun Feb 06, 2011 7:12 pm

Believe me, I like Lance Storm and him not being on my roster feels like a gaping omission, especially when I have guys like Vincent and such. (Who, while useless was an original nWo B-Team member)

However, I basically put priority on guys that were in WCW during the original nWo vs WCW storyline, and didn't so much feature guys that were featured more in the later days of WCW, in which it was falling apart and the show was sucking.

Lance Storm is a great wrestler, although to be perfectly honest, his far better work was in ECW, and by the time he showed up, they had the new set, the storylines were a clusterfuck and it was more random backstage chaos and thrown together angles at the time when Lance was doing good stuff there.

For instance, the only reason I put guys like Saturn and Raven in my roster and not Lance was because Raven was with the company during the best period, and Lance came into WCW and was doing his best stuff there, way too late.

Same could be said about a few of the other "later" guys I have on my roster, but I only put them on because I had space to fill. Although I could conceivably delete them and replace them with Lance later on.

But in general, I'm favoring WCW up to late '98, and not much from 99, 00, or 01, when WCW was steadily heading down the toilet. The era with the Natural Born Thrillaz, Creative Control, 3 Count, The Filthy Animals, or The New Blood, I barely have any of that crap in my roster.

As a personal rule of thumb I have set for myself, if it had more to do with the giant WCW letters set and the large entrance screen era, it's not as memorable to me.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:34 am

I've got loads of WCW CAW's on my SD! show. At the moment I got Raven & Saturn as the Tag champions, with the Horsemen (Dean Malenko & Chris Benoit) vying for the titles with the occasional challenge from the Steiner Brothers.

Who was in Raven's Flock btw? ATM I've got him tagging with Perry Saturn like they did for a while. I can only remember Billy Kidman. and who was the 4th member of the Horsemen when it had Flair, Malenko & Benoit in it?

Also: What about Mike Enos, Jerry Flynn, Scotty Riggs and my personal favourite Ernest "The Cat" Miller
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 2:54 am

Horsemen - Was that when Steve "Mungo" McMichaels was in the Horsemen?

Raven's flock - Sickboy and Reece wasn't it?

This game and the abundance of CAWs out there really does make 50 CAW slots seem like nowhere near enough. What with the CXA guys, a couple of British wrestlers, and some legends, I only have enough slots for a few WCW people, and I'm already saving new guys over old ones. That said, I might ditch some of the old WWF 80s guys, and ramp up the WCW content, once the Nitro arena drops.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 7:16 am

Or grab a USB pen drive, make a new account and a new save data on the pen drive (not the drive you have connected to the side, or it'll overwrite the game you have now) and try the trick I described for a new game, with your marketplace data and online access copied to it, and 50 more slots. Very Happy

I'm pretty sure when making a new account on a new drive (the pen flash one), it should give you a month of free gold. It did to me.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 8:40 am

Yeah, the name Reese rings a bell but couldn't put a face to the name from memory. I'll probably not bother with them. I swear there was someone else besides Mongo McMichael, but I maybe wrong. I recall hardly ever seeing McMichael appear on Nitro.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:02 am

Was Hennig the fourth member at the time? Or Windham?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:07 am

Dunno, maybe it was Mongo then.

Just Wikipedia'd it, and got (members of Raven's Flock):

Stevie Richards, left when he & Raven had legit dispute

Van Hammer, won a 'loser leaves the Flock' match against Perry Saturn but got kicked out anyway

Horace, to get close Hogan who was the champion at the time

Kanyon, the last member & stayed till the end, during Mortis gimmick

Kidman, acted like a drug addict

Lodi, later Idol

Reese

Scotty Riggs

Sickboy

Perry Saturn was the Enforcer for the Flock at one time. He and Raven even had the tag team titles for a while too.

Quite a few members actually. I might get some CAW's for some of them. Probs Kidman, Van Hammer, Kanyon, Horace and see if I can find a Raven's Flock CAW for Scotty Riggs. Since Raven wouldn't have ran in to help them or tagged with them you can put them in a different stable to Raven & Saturn, call it Raven's flock and it would still seem real Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 9:52 am

Yeah, pretty much every other member of the Flock aside from four of them, were extremely non-notable wrestlers or characters, so I pretty much just have the stable consist of Raven, Kidman, Saturn and Kanyon, even if those members probably weren't in it at the same time.

I don't put a big emphasis on Raven's group. Razz

Especially since I'm also shooting for a roster of 50 WCW guys, and I have to cut out a lot of the more jobbier stable members. I'm about this close to deleting Vincent in nWo, as well. But I keep him so that nWo B has a reason to exist.

Also, I have to delete Alex Wright, because only 3 CAWs exist for him, and the only decent one, the jackass that made it won't let me alter him or his entrance to add his music. Why the fuck would someone do that?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 10:02 am

Don't want to mess about with another account. But I might well download a few WCW guys. Don't even have a Goldberg or WCW era Hogan at the moment.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:24 am

That new arena sure will be nice....

Now that i'm all completely prepared for it... Now i'm getting impatient. haha.

"Mid-February" as THQ has officially stated. I take that to mean sometime from Feb 13th to the 20th at least. I'm ready for it now, though. Razz Sucks having to wait now that i've got 50 WCW guys, and even Mean Gene,Tony and Heenan to put in the backstage interview and announcer seats.To be honest, I don't know what THQ's problem is with actually giving a release date that people can look at and mark their calenders by. Also kinda sad that this is officially the last DLC for the game.

However on the upside this means that their WWE All-Stars meetings are over, and they are already waist deep in working on Smackdown vs Raw 2012. I sure hope that Create-An-Arena that Bryan Willians and Marcus Stephnson want so badly passed their bosses list of "Things we are definitely getting to doing this year". Because with this WCW Arena, I was just thinking of what morre you could do with Create-An-Arena than just, say, making a CXA Arena.

I love classic Nitro, but what i'd really love is all the past Raw's, ECW's, Smackdown's, and such, too. It would finally be a perfect sim game, if you could say..... re-create the WWF Attitude era, or the 80's Hogan era, or even classic ECW shows, too.

Just think about the replay value it would add if you could maybe create a classic show, and re-create some specific week in Raw history, and then upload that entire one night event for people to play! If they made create-an-arena i'd love to see these elements along with original ones as choosable parts, but also, let you upload cards.

Like... here's my idea.

You pick the entrance set, the things on the sides of the entrance set, the ramp, the ring, the ring apron, the ring rope colors, the turnbiuckkle pads, the announce tables, the floor mat, and the guard rail independently. Maybe you could choose all these parts, let's say, to be "Attitude" and then you make an entire card with who is in what match including CAWS, and then upload the WHOLE night with the set included for someone else to play this night in history.

That and they need to add a lot to Universe, and include this into Universe. Add other brands, make the calendar editable, bring back the created belts, let you pick what titles are defended and when.... But i'm getting ahead of myself. Razz

I guess it's just cool knowing they are current at the stage where these things are in discussion and being added to the table.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:39 am

You know what... depending on being able to create old arenas and new ones.. I wouldn't be surprised if 2012's tagline is something like:

"Relive History or Build The Future? The WWE Is In Your Hands"

or just something like "Live The History, Play The Present, Build The Future"

or something like simply "Evolve Your Way". I like that one. This next title should be about evolving the WWE, writing,and building it how you want it, or what you like most with custom arenas.

Wanna make Raw's from 1999? Go for it. Want to leap 10 years into the future and make the Raw os 2025, with all new wrestlers, new brands, or a futuristic Raw or Smackdown? That should be the focus this time. Smackdown vs Raw 2012 could be like a virtual WWE Time Machine.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:44 am

Yeah! Create-A-Everything is the way forward. Complete customisation. I expect no less.

I really hope they sort out the issues you listed above. Stables too, they need to sort out stables & tag teams. And the Unified tag team champions not being able to enter at the same time. WTF is up with that?

COME ON, HURRY UP NITRO ARENA!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:49 am

I'mm gonna make a new thread for this. Very Happy

Because it's really time to speculate. THQ is planning it, working on it, and putting it all on paper right now as I speak, and I wanna mention at length what I think they need to do, and get other people's ideas on what it should be.

Then we can look at it, when the game does come out at the end of the year and see how closely they managed it, or if they blew us away with things we never expected. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 11:52 am

Or let us the fuck down :p
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeMon Feb 07, 2011 12:28 pm

I really don't think they ever have, to me.

Even when they drop the ball in some areas, like the match gakmeplay from SvR to 2006, or the horrible RPG Career Story Mode from 2008, (Or the really bad Road To Wrestlemania backstage crap in this years game) they still make other, better, improvements that more than make up for it. Razz

That's how i've seen it progress, anyway.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:58 am

In my WCW roster includes:

Hogan
Sting
Savage
Outsiders (Hall & Nash)
Four Horsemen (Flair, Hennig, Malenko & Benoit)
DDP
Raven & Saturn
Raven's Flock (Sick Boy, Reese, Van Hammer & Kanyon)
The Steiner Brothers
The Filthy Animals (Rey Mysterio Jr, Konnan & Kidman)
Shane Douglas
Harlem Heat (Booker T & Stevie Ray)
Los Guerreros (Chavo & Eddy)
Chris Jericho
Terry Funk
Buff Bagwell
Jeff Jarrett
Glacier
Lex Luger
Ricky Steamboat

DDP is going for Scott Steiner's WHC, Perry Saturn had a go at it too but he's gonna get jobbed for a while to get him out the rankings. Sting is getting stuck in there too as is Flair and Hogan.

Jeff Jarrett is fending off the US title from the likes of Raven, Eddy & Jericho.

Any others I'm forgetting? Not too many though, the rest of the CAW spaces for CWA/TXA brethren. Think I have about 15 left
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:04 am

Goldberg?
Bret Hart?
Roddy Piper?
Vader?
Rick Rude?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 9:25 am

Are you going for a certain era in WCW, or are you just using the more popular wrestlers from all eras of WCW?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:39 pm

Forgot about Goldberg & Piper! Might have to get them at some point. Rick Rude I'm not bothered about, never really liked Bret Hart that much and can't really remember ever watching Vader.

Good ideas though. God knows how I forgot about Goldberg.

I was really going for WCW 1997 - end, but I'll make certain exceptions here and there Smile
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:47 pm

Vader rules! How about Sid Vicious (without the really bendy leg)? Juventud Guerrera could go in Filthy Animals. How about Vampiro?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:10 pm

Vader was one of the best big men to ever put on a pair of wrestling boots. Check out some of the matches he had with Sting - simply awesome.

I remember seeing an amazing match at the Royal Albert Hall between Vader and the British Bulldog when Vader was WCW champion. Both of them really put on a hell of a show. That was the same tour Stone Cold told me about when Vader broke an antique table backstage, and it cost him his entire pay cheque for the tour.

Actually, now I think of it, that show had a cracking card, including:

Sting .v. Rick Rude for the World Heavyweight Belt
Vader .v. Bulldog for the WCW title
The Hollywood Blondes (Austin and Pillman) .v. Ric Flair and Ricky Steamboat

Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:24 pm

Hollywood Blonds! They were early 90's, weren't they?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Yes. Well this would have been Octoberish 1993.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:34 pm

Thank God for Google. Here's the complete card

WCW @ London, England - Royal Albert Hall - October 30, 1993

WCW TV Champion Lord Steven Regal (with Sir William) defeated Johnny B. Badd

WCW US Champion Dustin Rhodes defeated Maxx Payne to retain the US title

Ric Flair & Ricky Steamboat defeated Steve Austin & Brian Pillman

WCW Tag Team Champions the Nasty Boys defeated Marcus Alexander Bagwell & 2 Cold Scorpio to retain the WCW Tag Team Titles

Sting defeated WCW International World Champion Rick Rude in a match where if Sting won, he got a title shot at a later date

Davey Boy Smith defeated WCW World Champion Vader via disqualification
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:42 pm

I'm getting so pissed off with the SvR server. It's fucking useless! I want to download some CAWs, but it hardly ever works.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:50 pm

I've gotten used to the disconnects. Whenever a search takes more than 8 seconds to do something, I hit the X button to re-search again.

But yes, it's still fucking annoying. Gamespy sucks ass. I hope for SvR2012, THQ switches to a more reliable server. This thing is ass.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:45 pm

It keeps finding stuff, then when I search for specific creations, it says the servers are down when they blatently aren't. If they were down, how would it be able to find all the newest uploaded stuff? FFS!!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 5:48 pm

The reason it does that is because it's unstable and keeps constantly flickering on and off, because their server is so damn weak. It's barely keeping it's head above water.

It's such shit. Yes, they desperately need a brand new server, entirely. Next year, if it still says "Gamespy" i'm going to just slap myself in the face.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive   My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

My updated WCW Roster on a seperate Xbox 360 Hard Drive
Page 1 of 1