CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Empty
PostSubject: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:36 am

This is the subject of a DVD set coming out, soon.

Yeahh....

Spoiler: John Cena's going to be #1. You can BET on that. It's a current product in this era. Hence, they'll need to do it, to "keep their franchise brand strong"

Watch the shit hit the fan when this thing comes out.

No, in all honesty, I don't know who #1 is going to be. But I know they'll throw him in the top 5. And just thinking about that makes my brain hurt. Again, not a slight or hatred thing against him. But he clearly doesn't deserve to be in the top 20. Maybe #21.

But this is WWE logic. Where everything right now is "the best that wrestling and our company has ever been" and everything before that is "classic vintage stuff back when everything was old."
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:42 am

Actually, I heard it was...

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 6:45 am

What about that jester guy? Y'know, the one that had a coming soon segment filmed and was fired before his debut? Razz

God, I can't even remember his name, now.

EDIT: Something that started with a K...

KISARNY!! yeah, that one. Now that I think of it, he wasn't a jester, but a creepy kinda carnival side show.. guy? Yeah. Anyway. Kisarny. Where's he rank? That's what I wanna know.

Simon Dean, too. Oh and Mordecai. Those guys had such an impact. Mantaur?

And of course The Shockmaster. Who could ever forget any of them?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 7:31 am

Although I should leave Simon Dean out of the fun-making. He was pretty awesome in ECW as Nova.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:16 am

Ooh you will regret mentioning Mordecai when Myron reads this.

If logic dictates then the top ten should include (not in order)

Rock
Austin
Bret
Shawn
Taker
Savage
HHH

But there surely can't be any doubt about number one? Sorry but if anyone is asked who the biggest WWE star of all time is and says anything other than Hulk Hogan, they are deluding themselves.

Hogan is, Hogan was, and Hogan always will be the biggest name in the history of the business. No one even begins to come close.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 10:52 am

Reaper wrote:

Hogan is, Hogan was, and Hogan always will be the biggest name in the history of the business. No one even begins to come close.

Sadly... WWE politics. I'm sure JUST because he went to TNA, they will shunt him down the list as far as they think they can get away with.

I can see them putting Shawn Micheals as #1. Simply because he stayed their golden boy for forever, remained the golden boy, and went out on golden boy terms.

His only major lasting controversy (as in, only one that remains any kind of a stigma today. The Kilq incident might as well have been a mere pothole now) was the raping of Bret Hart, and of course... we all know that Vince, while he may feel sad in hindsight about it, doesn't really feel that Micheals did anything wrong to this day.

...Probably because Vince knows that he, himself was the guy that pulled the trigger, and believes that Shawn Micheals was just the innocent gun.

Therefore, I agree with Chio and his spoiler, I think. It'll be Shawn. According to WWE.

Because this is WWE's DVD. Razz And anyone who doesn't think that WWE operates on skewed logic when it comes to DVD's, obviously never watched "The Self-Destruction Of The Ultimate Warrior" OR "The Rise And Fall Of ECW"

Sadly, this is WWE's planet and they make the rules.

But if they didn't, Hogan would be right up there as Shand said. So really, I agree with both.

Because WWE is making this video = Shawn.
If WWE wasn't making the video = Hogan.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:41 am

No I didn't mean I think WWE WILL make Hogan number 1, just that if you were to follow logic, there couldn't be any other choice.

Which pretty much rules out WWE doing it of course.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 11:53 am

Reaper wrote:
No I didn't mean I think WWE WILL make Hogan number 1, just that if you were to follow logic, there couldn't be any other choice.

Which pretty much rules out WWE doing it of course.

Agreed 100%.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:15 pm

NightStarX wrote:
What about that jester guy? Y'know, the one that had a coming soon segment filmed and was fired before his debut? Razz

God, I can't even remember his name, now.

EDIT: Something that started with a K...

KISARNY!! yeah, that one. Now that I think of it, he wasn't a jester, but a creepy kinda carnival side show.. guy? Yeah. Anyway. Kisarny. Where's he rank? That's what I wanna know.

Kizarny
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uWxF1FW7eiY
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeTue Dec 14, 2010 4:32 pm

Jesus H Christ, if that crowd was any deader, they would have had to call the Ghostbusters.

Yeah, I can see why this guy had such a long and storied career. You know it's bad when the crowd barely chanting for MVP sound bored to the point where they're only cheering for him to beat this guy so the match would end.

The most insulting thing is that it looks like an insulting parody of WCW Chris Jericho, to be honest.

Like a cross between WCW Jericho and the Monster Tweety from that Jeckel and Hyde cartoon.

WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Jericho + WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Tweety+Monster
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 12:59 am

I liked Mordecai and thought he'd improved by the time that he became Kevin Thorn. I just don't think that the WWE gave him a good enough run or help enough with either of his gimmicks (Mordecai wasn't done properly and Thorn, well, Vince doesn't like vampires. Shame, Vinnie boy, because a lot of people do).

Hate to agree with DS (on principle) but Hogan would be my number one as well. I think the only person to trouble him would be Austin. They both became figureheads and while I might think HBK and Taker are better then they haven't quite done the same. As Hogan did it first he'd get the nod with Austin 2, Taker 3 and HBK 4.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitimeWed Dec 15, 2010 1:39 am

Hogan happened to be in the right place at the right time to figurehead the largest change and forward progression there had ever been in the business, or indeed ever will be. Wrestling expanded so massively and so quickly in the 1980s, and he was the public face of it.

The first MTV specials, the forerunners to the WWE PPVs, Hogan was the top name; the first Wrestlemania, he was the top name; The first 9 Wrestlemanias he was in or involved in, the main event matches. Basically from 1983 - 1993, there was Hogan, and then there was everyone else. And while the attitude era and Monday Night Wars may have got massive ratings, no expansion of the business was bigger or more important than the one Vince and Hogan lead in the 1980s.

Although other wrestlers had been famous cross-country before, Hogan was probably the first to have real coast to coast superstar appeal in the USA and Canada as he was the golden boy when WWE expanded into every else's market. He was also the main man when the company went international, so to fans across the world, Hogan became the face of professional wrestling. He was the guy who crossed into the mainstream with the TV and movie appearances, being on the chat shows, etc etc.

And then when it seemed like his star was fading, he managed to reinvent himself and become the leader of the hottest angle wrestling had probably ever seen - something which ensured he stayed near the top for another 6 or so years.

WWE struck lucky as well in that Hogan was a guy with incredible charisma and showmanship who was able to work with what he was given like a master. It was a perfect pairing, and even in Austin, it was never equalled.

Even today Hogan remains the most recognisable figure in wrestling history. Even people who have never watched wrestling know who Hulk Hogan is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time   WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE DVD: The Top 50 Superstars Of All Time
Page 1 of 1