CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars?

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars? Empty
PostSubject: RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars?   RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars? Icon_minitimeWed Aug 24, 2011 11:46 pm

(EDIT: Just found out that it is EXACTLY what I assumed it was, down below. A website has officially revealed this feature. No longer a small rumor. It will be a Movie-like storyline where you play as multiple characters. You begin with Seamus and it moves to other chapters where you play as other characters, just like the story mode in Mortal Kombat 2011.)

There's been some recent rumblings lately that this year's Road To Wrestlemania mode may not be the format we've seen in years past.

More specifically, that they are doing away with having 6 characters to choose from, and that it may be more in-line with something i've personally wanted to see.

This comes from this being spread around, and then when THQ_Tank was asked about this, he stated a feew days ago that "The rumor may be more than a rumor."

Either way, the known fact is that they said they were "going back to the drawing board" for RTWM, and have publicly said that they were very unhappy with 2011's RTWM (which I agree with. It was awful.)

I'm guessing this time it's something like a WWE: The Movie thing. Something set up more like a typical video game single player story mode campaign.

In the past, i've expressed interest in a big plot that involves you switching between different wrestlers for different chapters of the story, and if that's what happens here, i'd be much inclined to see that. And I think with what's been said about no longer selecting characters at the start, that this is how it's going to go, now.

Personally, I always thought that Day Of Reckoning had a good concept, that was just marred by having no voice acting.

However, I'd like to see a story that's less cliched than simply "The world title has been stolen, and it's a mystery to see who took it."

I'd like to see a cinematic fantasy story about the future of WWE being in jeapordy and it's up to the Superstars to battle amongst each other to save the company from impending doom of some sort.

We'll likely never see a WWE movie, as cinema just isn't a format where a WWE Movie-esque story will look plausible (see also, Ready 2 Rumble, that WCW movie) but a Video Game is a perfect place where this will seem believable.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars?   RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:50 am

Sounds good, this idea's got a lot of potential... Let's hope they don't mess it up too badly! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars?   RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars? Icon_minitimeThu Aug 25, 2011 1:53 am

As long as there's no terrible free roaming that takes ages to walk yards across a barren, uninhabited, boring landscape from Point A to point W 37 times in 10 minutes, i'll be happier with it than I was with SvR2011's RTWM. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars?   RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

RTWM Possibly no longer being 6 selected superstars?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: WWE Video Games News & Discussion-
Jump to: