CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Empty
PostSubject: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:06 am

Hey... I wanted to share a little bit of some stuff that i've been sitting on for a while now.

A while back, sometime last year, I came up with a bunch of concepts for some Horror Anthology-style segment stories that I wanted to write up as screenplays, in the vein of things like Tales From The Crypt, Twilight Zone, Outer Limits, Tales From The Darkside, the Creepshow movies, ect.

Well, recently I had written up several drafts of the outlines for some of these stories. Originally for a project that was to be put together like an anthology movie of several segments pulled together with a framing device, (ala Creepshow) or something.

Here are only three of them. There are more that I have vaguer, and most basic outlines and ideas for in my head, and in fact, the main one out of this initial set of four... a story called "Here Kitty, Kitty" is the most grand and weirdest main story of these three, but i'll have to write that one up later as it the most difficult one to convey, and in fact i'll have to work on how to best structure it.

But I thought people here might like to read the outline for these three stories. Very Happy

(Note: As outlines, I tried to summarize them without writing the whole thing out. Like any of the dialogue (like the talk between the CEO and the pilot in the helicopter in the first story that slowly reveals the two to each other) or all of the actual bits that connect the logical bits together in the second story as well as the details of the "investigation".

The first two stories are all about the build-up to reveals that I don't all have written out here. The third story is a dark, absurdest, practical effects showcase from my sick imagination. Razz)

"Early Retirement"

"Who's To Blame?" and

"A Sweet Story" (original title was "The Candy Man")

Last edited by NightStarX on Sun Dec 12, 2010 1:14 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Empty
PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:12 am

"Early Retirement"

This story is set in an alternative version of the current modern world of today as we know it, wherin death has never been permanent nor are there consequences to death.

In this world, when living beings die, they automatically and mysteriously resurrect in the spot where they died exactly 24 hours later, in perfect health and physical condition as is explained with a voice over and a montage.

Society has thus evolved accordingly where "murder" is merely a low-level crime as serious as assault and battery, since death doesn't last longer than one day. Thus because of this, people over the age of 80 are taken away by the military to an unseen and unknown place where they are never seen again called the "outlands", a vast and mysterious area in the wild beyond the cities and towns where people live and work.

In this world and reality, we're introduced to Jameson Planter, a CEO of his personal investment firm that has been perpetrating a massive fraud scheme, and is about to conclude his 12 year plan to abandon his company to flee with the fortune he's embezzled to a secluded, private island mansion to live the rest of his days alone in perpetual easy retirement and every possible convenience he would need forever.

Boarding his private helicopter with his personal pilot, and flying over the grey, mist-covered outlands to his destination by the coast of the pacific, the pilot, after chatting with Planter about his "retirement" reveals himself to be an employee whose entire family was a victim of his scam.

The pilot tells Planter of the horrors his family would endure after losing everything because of Planter. How his family and hundreds of others working for his company would become destitute, hopeless, miserable and unable to permanently commit suicide or die from hunger, and explains that he is going to subdue Planter and crash the helicopter into the middle of the outlands with Planter on board, where he can rot in outland hell.

After a struggle, the pilot throws Planter off the vehicle and hundreds of feet below into what appears to be the desolate, fog covered, grey ruins of what appears to have been a major modern city aged over thousands of years, as Planter "dies" upon impact of hitting the street.

Instantly, and 24 hours from Planter's point of view, he re-awakens, rejuvenated and resurrected, and shouts to the air that he'll find his way back and get even no matter how many years it takes.

However then, the countless number of wraith-like remains of what appears to be the exiled, animalistic, wandering hordes of thousands-of-year aged outlander humans emerge and converge on Planter who thoughtlessly trample on him for the rest of his eternity, as he goes insane with mad laughter at his fate.

"Who's To Blame?"

Marcus S Adamson, extremist self-appointed moralist and self-imposed crusader against violence in the media, ambulance chasing pundit and fierce opponent of the "irresponsible media" that "enables and leads young, would-be violent offenders to become killers and criminals", has the attention of the nation right now.

Selling books, appearing on news shows, speaking out at hearings, running for offices, and campaigning for senate, capturing full support from religious watchdog groups, yet doesn't feel that he's done enough.

Adamson feels that more can always be done to clean up the filth in the media, television, comics, video games, and popular music. Because clearly it's all their fault. Crime wouldn't exist without the depictions of crime. Even if he has to take to the streets and do his part in personal investigations to prove himself right and stop the violent media from corrupting the country and singlehandedly raising children into killers, and take them all down.

Marcus takes personal interest upon hearing the current case of a serial killer in the news terrorizing his own town. Determined to investigate and prove that the "entertainment industry" is responsible for breeding a killer under his nose, he sets out on his quest to prove himself right, and of course, sell more books and gain more political ammunition from the tragedies of others.

His work finally comes up with a suspect he begins tracking. A sixteen year old teenager from a troubled family. After personal detective work on his own, Marcus finds the break he needs and fuel for his proof. The boy is a fan of a popular and violent new video game about a hired hitman who kills for money using his favorite handgun.

Marcus reasons that the Walther P99 model handgun used by the killer in the game that the boy is a fan of will be the weapon at the next murder scene, and begins to stalk the boy. Listening in on his family's conversations, researching phone records, bribing school officials for private records, and so on. Adamson finally learns that the child's father recently registered a Walther P99, with a signature Adanson immediately believes to be forged by the child.

Adamson stakes out the boy's home after dark, and illegally breaks in when the parents go out to collect evidence of the gun's whereabouts in the house, when the lights fly on and the child detects Adamson as an intruder to the home.

The boy rushes to call 911, while Adamson grabs the WaltherP99 laying on a table and intercepts the boy, waving the gun in his face and accusing the boy flat-out, attempting to frighten the boy into confessing to the wave of recent murders.

The frightened boy repeatedly denies, sending Adamson into more of a rage leading him to shout the details of all the murders to the boy, shouting to confess. Details only the killer could have known. Adamson's anger boils over and he shoots the boy several times with the gun. Recoiling in horror at what he's done, Adamson flees the house as neighbors are awakened by the noise, and Adamson runs off taking the gun with him.

Adamson, looks back at the scene, now with a smile slowly spreading across his face as he muses to himself. He remarks to himself, how he knows the boy was working with his online friends, just like "all the others". And sooner or later, he says he knows that he'll get closer to unraveling the conspiracy of the boy's video game terrorist friends. "Just like all the others I tracked." Presumably, The same innocent people he's tracked and also deserved to die, too.

At least, in the mind of Marcus S. Adamson, deluded, hometown serial killer.

"A Sweet Story"

This is the utterly bizarre tale of a man born as Jeremy John Duwitt. Jeremy was born with the most radical, unbelievable, yet shocking human birth defect that has ever been known. He is an almost normal seeming man whose entire physical structure is of the consistency, aroma, texture, edibility, and flavor of various types of candy.

His skin like hard, porous taffy. His teeth and bones, hard and solid as the strongest and thickest jawbreakers. His internal organs and body fat, the consistency and texture of gummy and jelly, his muscles like flexable licorice. His blood and fluids, like strawberry juice, lime, or various flavored drink. Yet aside from the texture of his skin on the outside, he looks like a person you wouldn't think was odd until you touched him, smelled him closely or yes, tasted him.

Jeremy Duwitt is an absolutely inexplicable modern biological miracle. He has the intelligence, feelings, personality, soul, and everything you would expect from a normal, everyday human being. He is absolutely delicious. He has somehow survived his life with no severe impairments whatsoever. He has a job, friends, a normal non-candy family. He has somehow avoided being eaten. And today is his 23rd birthday.

However, life is still difficult for Jeremy Duwitt. It's in those little everyday things that he has to be careful of. He can't be around pets or animals. He must wash very carefully. He can only safely imbibe candy, sugar and juice. He must be protected around children. He must avoid injury whenever possible. And he must be very cautious around extreme temperatures.

Jeremy has been very lucky his whole life but on one given day, this is all very different. This story focuses on Jeremy's one bad day that quickly descends into a night of terror.

On the way to a birthday celebration with friends and family, Jeremy is being driven to the party by his brother that evening. However, it begins to rain and suddenly, fate takes a turn, when Jeremy's brother gets lost on a long stretch of road, and can't remember the directions to the party's location.

Problems go from bad to worse, when, during an argument about finding the right way to go, the car gets into an accident against a tree and Jeremy's brother is knocked unconscious and injured in the crash. Although no one brought their cellphone and there's no phone in sight. Jeremy realizes that he has to get out of the car in the rain, and find the nearest house or store down the long road.

Jeremy knows time is of the essence when the spring rain slowly becomes a storm, and he knows that he can't last too long in such conditions. Unfortunately, matters get worse as the only location that Jeremy happens upon, is a fenced in trash yard.

searching around, calling for anyone, trying to mind his step, and finding the weather slowly becoming too much for him, he rushes back and forth across the road, and narrowly avoiding another car zooming by in his frenzy to hurry and find civilization.

Finally, Jeremy comes upon his salvation, or so he thinks. A trailer home with a light in the window. He runs to the door and knocks on the trailer door, and a woman on the other side of the door answers. Jeremy explains he needs help and the woman is willing to oblige.

However, once she answers the door, she (and we) find that Jeremy's face has already begun to partly melt in the rain. The woman screams, horrified and shoves him backwards responding with a terrified kick at the hideous melting faced man in front of her, as he lands on a small stickly bush in the ground, that twists and breaks his jawbreaker-boned ankle, leaking strawberry juice.

As the woman runs screaming from her trailer home, three stray dogs emerge from her trailer to see what the commotion is, as Jeremy reacts in horror at the presence of the dogs, who begin to curiously approach and sniff at him as he gets up and attempts to stand on his injured candy ankle, and limp away, and trying to shoo the dogs away, inadvertently kicking one lightly in the snout which both agitates the dog and gives it a taste of tasty strawberry juice.

Jeremy sees the phone inside her home, but the dogs are in the way. Not wanting to risk it as the third dog become agitated and begins nipping at his ankle, Jeremy begins to limp away, hobbling on one leg in pain.

However, as Jeremy and the dogs approach the street once again, a large semi rolls by and honks it's horn, dis-interesting and repelling the dogs as Jeremy hobbles away, further down, to try and find another home or place in desperation, looking back at the dogs still pacing around the trailer.

In desperation and slowly becoming slightly more physically undone by the rain, Jeremy tries to wave down cars. All who react with speeding up, or weaving to get away.

It's then, that Jeremy returns to the junk yard, and walks around to the back, screaming in pain and desperation, with each step. However as he comes back around to the parts shed by the back area of the fence, he spots it. A payphone!!

Painfully relieved, he hobbles over to the payphone but quickly realizes the flaw with his discovery. No change for a call. When he suddenly remembers the trailer back across the street and across the way. Cursing upwards at the rain in a desperate plea to angrily question god, he struggles to find his way back to the trailer, audibly hoping that the dogs have left the area.

He comes across the trailer, the dogs now completely absent, having run off to who knows where, he hobbles as much as he can to the trailer inside. He finds the woman's phone disconnected, for unpayment of her phone bill, but spies her wallet which was left behind, containing change. Grabbing the change for the phone call and clenching it into his fist, he makes his way back to the junk yard and the payphone to call for help.

After looking to either side for any sign of the dogs again, he makes his way back the the junk yard, and to the payphone, and brings his fist holding the change up to his eye level, only to realize that his hand has melted into a ball around the change.

Howling in agony, Jeremy begins to do the only thing he can do to get the change. He begins gnawing and chewing and ripping his melted fist apart with his teeth screaming in pain as strawberry juice runs down his arm. He gets the change out in his teeth and tries to turn his head to enter the coins into the slot, and manages to enter the money into the phone... at the cost of his bottom teeth and a chunk of his lower jaw.

He punches 9-1-1 with his nose, and tries to talk into the hanging phone receiver, but finds that he can no longer speak audibly and coherently to the dispatcher. He tosses the receiver aside, howls in agony and kicks the payphone ground pole with his injured foot in anger, which completely breaks off his foot.

Shuffling back across the road, Jeremy suddenly looks up to see a figure running up to him. His brother has recovered conciousness and has gone looking for him, and upon having found him, screams "Oh god Jeremy!" and attempts to help him back to the car, after throwing his jacket on him.

However at that moment, the dogs from before appear suddenly springing up from the junk yard where they had wandered to the whole time, and leap on Jeremy, ripping him apart and devouring him as he screams in terror.

Jeremy's brother screams "NOOOO!!!" and begins futiley attempting to kick and pull the large dogs away to no avail. Finally, Jeremy's brother can only fall to his hands and knees sobbing and whimpering as the dogs chomp at the remaining bits of Jeremy, snap apart his rock candy ribcage and lick up the strawberry juice. Whimpering in irony, Jeremy's brother sobs "Was he good? was he good, you bastards?" as the scene fades off.

A man made of candy, loved by his family, played, worked, and lived as a man for 23 years, but in the course of one bad day, was merely a delicious snack for a couple of everyday, ordinary dogs.

Last edited by NightStarX on Sat Dec 11, 2010 12:41 pm; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:26 am

I think the first two are very good and could be worked into excellent tv shows, movies, or books. The last one, I confess, is a little out there for me.

But you ought to turn your attention to role-plays. I want to know what's become of Mike Rocket!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:31 am

I would roleplay that, but.. to be honest, i've been kinda waiting on Steve for the first part of the Rocket/Awesome setup that we PM'd about. >_>

Although I uh... have been a little too polite to bother him to ask about it or if he's still planning on doing it, or if he's forgotten. ehe.

And to an extent, I agree about the third story. It was totally meant to just be an excuse to be my token "weird, gross-out" type story. Like the "cockroach" segment in Creepshow. That third one's all about the bizarre setup to the sick visuals that my mind came up with, as well as being just a surrealist piece. It's the one that's just an excuse to be bizarre and sick, tbh. The token "ewww" and "WEIRD!" story. :p
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:57 am

I'm sure Steve wouldn't mind you prompting him. But in the meantime is there no back story bit you could do, like the rest of us going back a couple of years?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSat Dec 11, 2010 11:59 am

Basically, I wanted to try and set it up as a jealous response to Rocket seeing Awesome doing an interview on tv. Although that's all I should say about it for now. :p

Oh, and the fourth story "Here Kitty, Kitty" when I finish it up, is a bizarre story of what an instinctual dumb animal like a house cat would do if it was suddenly god, as well as the increasing madness told from the point of view of the last human that this cat has kept alive, who exists in a solitary universe with this horrible all-powerful thing he's grown to despise over 100 agonizing years in limbo hell.

Essentially this cat, this stupid animal who is revealed to in fact be god, with it's tiny, instinct driven brain, has locked reality down to consisting only of this one-bedroom house and a front yard, floating in negative space for all eternity. With just the man kept alive to feed it. How it turned his family into other cats that live in the house, so every day he looks at his family and they're cats. And how it made the man immortal so he can feed them. And how he curses this cat. How he loudly talks to himself every day for decades about how he wants nothing more then to kill this cat.

And how he doesn't know if the cat can understand him, or just doesn't care that he insults it daily, that he wants it dead. He has no idea what the cat thinks. He wonders forever if the cat can read his mind. And begins to slowly contemplate and theories over decades whether or not the cat has been controlling him this entire time, or simply feeding an illusion into his mind. How hes lost track of days, weeks, and time in general.

But he looks at this cat and it's cat expression, and feels like the cat is always scanning him or reading his mind. Because he can't ever seem to make a move against the cat, that it may jump on instinct and destroy him or turn him into a cat, or no telling what it might do.

This is told from the point of inner monologues of this man over periods of years and years, like mental journal entries of thought, and some of the things he's tried over the countless amount of time. And things about how he lost track of weeks, months and years since he no longer has a frame of refrence for time, so he reinvents a crude schedule of counting days, by dividing "time" into 7 equal spots on a scrap of paper and referring to it everytime he wakes up, as not to lose track of such things. Or how over long stretches of decades he has to keep reading books to remember how words work. And over time, he builds theories about the philosphy of his situation to keep from losing his mind, and so on.

But finally after a point where he can barely stand it anymore, it leads to an absolutely terrifying shock ending that I'm both proud of and honestly really disturbed by... that you'll see if I ever write this out. Razz
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeSun Dec 12, 2010 1:15 pm

Two other story ideas now....

1. A segment about a con-man who travels by different aliases, leading separate lives, with different disguises, one of which making a living as a hired hitman.

However, the latest hit job, one anonymously commissioned for the payment of 10 million dollars via a series of meetings by someone who turns out to be his ex-wife, putting a hit out on his own alias! He decides that this is the easiest 10 million he'll ever make, since he can merely slip into that alias and fake his own death at the "hands" of the hitman alias. ...until he suddenly finds himself actually being stalked by a sniper that turns out to look an awful lot like himself...

2. And the story of an apocalypse of an entirely different kind. The day that all the world's money mysteriously disappeared, thrusting the world into anarchy as the world cannot decide upon a new currency to use, nor whether or not goods, and resources could or should be traded. Eventually culminating in a world war that wipes out all of humanity.

Just for the last human survivor to now find money raining down from the skies. The world's money has returned as mysteriously as it vanished, but now, it is not only useless, but only succeeds in pelting the last man alive to death from the heavens.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 am

some intriguing ideas there Mike. Have you read any of Philip K Dick's short stories? Some of your ideas sound like something he would have written. I'd be interested to see some of these ideas turned into fuller stories.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 8:49 am

Thank you! That's quite flattering, to be compared to any real author.

I'll have to look into his work.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:21 am

They are very good outlines, but seriously, get to writing some role-plays bounce

You can do stuff out of order, or do stuff further back in time, but I want to read the tales of Mike Rocket! No
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:25 am

Reaper wrote:
They are very good outlines, but seriously, get to writing some role-plays bounce

You can do stuff out of order, or do stuff further back in time, but I want to read the tales of Mike Rocket! No

Well, i did hear from Steve,

He hasn't forgotten, and will be able to get to it soon. So, hopefully yeah, i'll be able to. I have some pretty decent ideas and a great way to reveal him, too.

In the meantime though, perhaps there's some other characters I could write some stuff about. Yeah, I know that you're not looking forward to it nearly as much as Rocket (i'm certain lol), but I think I might just try writing some stuff about my female characters. I'd like to revisit some of them. I could also perhaps explain them or give a quick introduction rundown as to their gimmicks, now.

I could use it as a warm up to my english creative writing skills, at the least. Kinda like training. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitimeMon Dec 13, 2010 9:39 am

It's a start at least......

......still want Rocket though Rolling Eyes
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)   A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

A few horror anthology-style segments that I wrote. (TWO MORE stories added, now)
Page 1 of 1