CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Empty
PostSubject: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeThu Feb 02, 2012 4:40 pm

HOLY SHIT! I didn't expect Undertaker to return on this weeks RAW! That caught me by surprise. Great to see him back, and that jacket is awesome. I want one like that.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:18 am

I actually did expect it, but still good to see him come back - even if he was obviously wearing a wig or hair-plugs, just like Kane does.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 1:19 am

I think it says a lot that they can do the entire promo without a word and still got more menance than half the roster can shouting!

While I'd like Taker to face somebody new there's really nobody else that I can see having any sort of chance with the streak. Not left in the company's active roster, anyway. So it has to be Trips. Plus it's shaping up to be a good card with Taker-Trips 3, Bad Cena v The Rock, Jericho v Punk, Bryan v Sheamus...
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:01 am

Personally speaking, I hated it when it was Taker vs HHH for the second time.

I really criticized it heavily as a dumb idea that I really didn't have any interest or excitement in, last year. Before it happened, when it happened and after it happened.

Everytime Taker faces someone again that he already faced a previous time, at Wrestlemania, I think it greatly weakens what the streak actually means.

THIS year, I honestly do believe that WWE has completely lost their fucking minds.

I maintained then, that if they were going to do this for a THIRD time.... well, actually at first, I was so incredulous over the mere idea, that I said, even with my low expectations of predicting them to have sense, that there is NO way they would ever do this again.

They're doing it again. And i'm just lost for words at this point.

I'm not angry. Not even disappointed. I just quietly shake my head and just walk away from it, now. Last year I was angry. This year, it's complete, tired, sighing apathy.

eh. They can do what they want. I totally don't even care anymore.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 2:07 am

Actually, you know, maybe they can still fix this.

Have Undertaker somehow end up with the title before Wrestlemania.

Meanwhile, since Seamus won the Royal Rumble, set up a three way match between HHH, Seamus, and Undertaker. Build Seamus up like the greatest threat on planet earth since then.

And then instead of Triple H, have Seamus re-turn heel, injure Triple H, get him out of the way before the big night, and then have Seamus vs Undertaker.

Or, just... whatever they wanna do. I don't even have the faith for them to even think of this.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 3:44 am

I disagree. I don't think it weakens Taker's legacy at all, and in fact I think combining the streak with a WWE title picture is a bad idea. Taker isn't going to lose the streak - deservedly so - and so the new guy would only be on a loser if he entered the angle. The streak actually needs to be about more than just a title.

And in that regard, the way they have played it this time is absolutely perfect.

You can ignore Taker .v. HHH one. At this point that match really doesn't matter as it was before the WWE really started playing up to to the streak, and it was before HHH was cemented as a legend. The story this time is all about what happened last year. Really its all about the one thing Taker has never had going into a Wrestlemania - doubt.

At Mania 27 Undertaker may have won the match, but he was beaten. He was actually beaten and just luckily managed to pull out the win. He was carried from the ring on a stretcher, and he hasn't been seen since.

Now he returns, and he obviously wants HHH a third time. But why? Why would he want the match if he's already won? Answer? because deep down he knows he was beaten. Deep down he doubts that he could do it again.

You saw it perfeclty in the way HHH reacted. Intense at first, but then patting Taker on the shoulder and leaving, as if to say "look, we don't need to do it again - let it go, perhaps its time" and then that look on Taker's face as he looked at the Mania sign and then up the aisle at HHH. That slightly questioning look, that look of doubt, just for a second wondering if he could actually pull it off again.

Its a really nice twist. HBK chased Taker and lost, then chased him again because he couldn't live with it. HHH chased Taker to get revenge for HBK, and now Taker chases HHH because he just wonders "Was my win a fluke, can I still do this, has my time passed? Should I hang up the boots?"

Thats how the WWE needs to (and are) playing it, and that's perfect. Push the new guys in feature matches for the titles, the Streak is something beyond that, and at this point, putting a guy liek Sheamus or Punk in the middle of it would be a huge mistake.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:27 am

Well, i'm not really advocating putting Sheamus in the middle of the story... Just a way to set Shemus up as a replacement for Triple H because I think HHH should just be written out of this whole thing as well as he could be.

I really just have -30% interest in even seeing this match happen at all as it is.

Last year, I completely ignored it. This year, I wish I could do more than just ignore it.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:33 am

Well you shouldn't have ignored it, as it was by far the best match on the card, and really the only match worthy of a birth at a Wrestlemania. I'd be surprised if its not one of the better matches this year as well.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 7:32 am

Seriously Mike? Did you seriously not watch their match at Wrestlemania last year?? Dude, you missed one Hell of a match! I'm well up for HHH and Taker at Wrestlemania again. You need to watch the match from last year if you didn't already, and see how you feel after you've watched it. If you did watch it last year and wasn't impressed by it, you need to stop watching the Diva crap because it's twisting your mind!
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:10 am

taker vs hhh 2 was alright.

it was the best match on an otherwise crappy card doesnt say much.

But...im cool with taker vs hhh. in a cynical way of thinking, it keeps taker and hhh out of everyone elses match lol. plus these two know how to work with each other, so other then kane it might be the best idea for a taker match other then john cena. and i only say cena based on the potential draw factor alone.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 9:19 am

Agree on Taker and Trips working well with one another. And the sense that this is part of an ongoing storyline.

As for Sheamus...as much as I'd like them to push newish talent I think the titles and other stories are the best way to do that. Not Taker's streak. Would the fans honestly believe that Sheamus could end the streak? Not in a million years. While Trips is unlikely there is still the small chance that it might, just might happen.

I do think you're being a bit harsh on the WWE, Mike. While they are not firing on all cylinders they still have some interesting stuff going on.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeFri Feb 03, 2012 4:53 pm

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
Seriously Mike? Did you seriously not watch their match at Wrestlemania last year??

Honestly, I didn't watch last year's Wrestlemania at all. Any of it. Didn't really care to watch any of it, and this match was, for the most part, why.

Well, eh. Maybe in this case, I will have to go and watch that WM someday.

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
you need to stop watching the Diva crap because it's twisting your mind!

Uh... I think I may have given a false perception about my taste in wrestling in the past.

But to set the record straight, I don't watch Diva crap. I don't like the Divas at all. I hate WWE's women's wrestling, and I've despised how they've done it since...... well, just about forever. Not even when I was the biggest fan in the 90's did I ever like it from them.

Maybe it was marginally better back when they had a few women who could at least pull off a move, and being masturbation fuel wasn't the only reason they were there..... (I mean, if that was the case, why would they have ever hired Chyna? Because she actually had a competitive presence that you looked at her and thought she would be intimidating. But let's be honest. Even post-plastic surgery she's always had the physical countenance of the ass end of a horse.)

....but it still wasn't any good and never was.

My thing about Women's wrestling and why I put my support behind it is because I always thought it COULD be good. Not that most of it ever is. I don't watch women's wrestling, at all, outside of Shimmer and a few japanese wrestlers becuase they actually know how to wrestle. Something that women's wrestlers in WWE have never done, women's wrestlers in WCW have never done, women's wrestlers in TNA have never done (but came within scraping distance once, breifly), and ECW has.... uh... oh wait, I think they were only ever valets and arm candy there. Huh.

Anyway, I guess what i'm saying is that, I think because I always talk about or try to think positively about Women's wrestling in a fictional sense it's not because I ever really watched it, ever enjoyed it, or ever liked it (except the aforementioned Japanese wrestling when they at least take it seriously).

Just that I see potential there, that's never been once realized in all these years, I just I tend to see it in hypothetical theory. Razz Women's wrestling sucks. I think it has the very real possibility to NOT suck. .......someday. That's why I talk about it so much. And why I prefer to represent it fictionally. Because yeah, it does pretty much suck in the real world the way it is, now. I just don't see why no one ever tries to really do it well. Everyone's been too afraid to take it seriously. I just wish someday that would change.

Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 3:42 am

Hey Mike, sorry if I offended you with my comment. It was supposed to be jestful, and I didn't mean for you to take it seriously.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeMon Feb 06, 2012 2:03 pm

No, no no not offended at all. Very Happy

Just lightly explaining my position on it. Very Happy

I just said that because I thought it was my fault that I wasn't clear about it in the past. I just wanted to correct myself because I thought I had been too vague, is all.

It's all good.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitimeTue Feb 07, 2012 1:05 am

SPOILER FOR THIS WEEK'S RAW BELOW ****

Seems like the WWE are going about the angle the way I suggested, with Taker obsessing that he didn't really "win" last year, and HHH playing the "You don't have to prove anything, I don't want it to end badly" angle. However, I have to say I think it would have been more effective this week simply to have shown Taker's video without HHH's speech first. Him showing the audience the two little video packages (dominant Taker and then weakened Taker) took away the visual impact of the otherwise excellent message from the Deadman.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*   This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT* Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

This weeks RAW... *SPOILER IF YOU HAVEN'T WATCHED IT*
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: