CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

2 January...

Go down 
+2
Mjolnir
Drogoth
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 10:56 am

...C'mon, lets have it documented here who we think the returning star is. A basis for congratualtions to those who get it right. A basis for ridicule for those who don't...

I'm sticking my money on Jericho.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 11:58 am

It's almost certainly Jericho.

However, I met up with Matt yesterday, and he managed to come up with theories for it to be everyone from Lesnar to Skip Sheffield to the return of Randy Savage after he faked his own death.

As I'm not in the office on Tuesday, I may even get up and watch it live.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 1:27 pm

GILLBERG!!!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeThu Dec 29, 2011 4:01 pm

Jericho
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:18 am

Rey Mysterio
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 1:41 am

Gilberg has more talent that Rey Mysterio these days!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 2:26 am

If it turns out to really just be the typical, annual, no-shit Undertaker return again, I'll actually be kind of aggrivated.

Then again, for the longest time, WWE has annoyed me by doing this kind of thing for years.

They used to have surprise announcements that were actually surprising. But now, whenever they do something like this, it's never anyone that is unexpected or shocking.

The only two times they've really had a surprise that was a real surprise in a long time, imo, was when they shocked the world with the WCW simulcast, and Diesel at the Royal Rumble. And quite possibly, that latest return of The Rock from earlier in the year.

With the 2/21/11 thing, I thought they had the potential to do this with Sting, but of course, we were all way off, and gave them too much credit to do something surprising.

So, if they do this again with Undertaker, that will be 2 exact same extreme let-downs in a row. I won't be happy.

Of course, Jericho seems like a shoe-in, and while it's not really that much of a surprise, anymore, at least if it's Jericho, I won't be annoyed. If it's Taker, I will be annoyed greatly.

Especially since i'm already annoyed that they're supposedly building up to a THIRD Undertaker vs Triple H Wrestlemania match. I very much do not want to see that.

In my opinion, it completely undermines Taker's streak, when he fights return opponents, and I don't believe that the idea of Taker vs HHH at WM a third time is a big deal, because I didn't like it the second time.

Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 9:12 am

I've no problem at all with Taker .v. Trips at Mania if it's done right. Not least because it was the only decent match on the card this year. I'd rather see them go at it than have Punk lose to him, or Cena beat him.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 30, 2011 4:45 pm

I would like to see it be a match that really stacks the odds against Taker for once. Y'know, like something that SuperCena would usually do, but since it's a Taker Streak match, it carries more weight becuase you might think he'd lose.

I would put him up against 3 opponents in a tag-in and tag-out style handicap match against him that he's never faced before.

The story would be that it's three guys on the cusp of a breakout, that each want to make a name for themselves by breaking the streak. Dolph Ziggler, Cody Rhodes, or The Miz (these are just three possibilities. If they have a match replace them with another, like Wade Barret, perhaps), who plan to wear him down, with the stipulation that Taker must cleanly pin and eliminate all three.

However, being the heels they are, they would start to show signs of attempting to usurp the other's glory or opportunity by being the guy with the epic pinfall under their belt, as their plan starts to unravel, and tags start becoming involuntary and frustration starts to set in between the three.

Meanwhile Taker starts out running roughshod over all three, but slowly, the combined three start to wear him down.

Then the match starts to fill with tension, as it comes down to which will run out first? The tentative alliance of the three men, or Taker's stamina?

Finally, it comes down to Taker eliminating two men, and the final man against Taker takes advantage of a ref bump to severely injure Taker with a foreign object, making it look like the streak will be broken by, say, The Miz.

Taker just barely wins by the closest margin, as Miz comes within an inch of beating Taker, leading it to look like Taker's days are getting numbered, leading to the question on if he can hold onto it for one more year.... in which he reveals plans to retire next Wrestlemania, inviting one last opponent to step up in 2012.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 3:04 am

As big a fan as I am of Taker it would be a let down for this to be him. After all, the key to last years WM was that Trips showed Taker was mortal, even if he Taker still won. So to have him coming back promising fire and brimstone is not quite how I'd play it.

The other key to Taker's streak is if people believe he will lose. I'm sorry, Mike, I just don't see people thinking any of the people you mention as being the ones to go down in history. And I think this one SHOULD be the one he retires at. 20-0 is long enough.

The only stars I can see coming close to being fit for the match (ignoring Sting coming over or one last Austin-Taker) are Trips, Cena or Punk. Trips is actually the most believable. With the idea that Trips likes to put himself at the top (whether or not that's true) people could see him having the ego to book himself as the breaker of the streak. You can also play the angle that last year he almost broke Taker. This year he finishes the job. Plus it gives him Taker's last match.

Cena has his match so I'm going to ignore him. I'd actually like to see Taker face Punk and have an almighty match. I think they could put over Punk with a win over Taker but I think it's more likely that Taker would win. But I think there's then mileage to do a passing of the torch. Taker shows Punk respect, shakes his hand. Maybe does a speech about how he's passing the mantle to Punk. The old rebel to the new rebel.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 5:19 am

I get the feeling that this will be Taker's last Mania, but I don't think he's going to lose the streak. However, I also don't think he's going to win.

I see it being Taker .v. Trips and ending in a draw - either last man standing or a time limit draw. Then Taker has a reason to go out (he didn't win at Mania) but the streak technically stays in tact as he hasn't lost either.

And right at this moment, Trips is really the only one in a position to have that match with him. After this year's match, I think there is enough jeopardy for Taker in facing HHH again.

As Myron says, Cena is already busy, and I strongly suspect that if this is Jericho returning, its going to lead to Punk .v. Jericho at Mania.

With Orton now out for several months, they need to keep the other guys active in matches which are part of sustained feuds to keep the shows going. Trips and Taker are outside that really.

So I'm predicting Mania will see:

The Rock .v. John Cena

The Streak HHH .v. Undertaker (Last Man Standing)

WWE Championship CM Punk .v. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship Wade Barrett (c) .v. Sheamus (or they move Ziggles across)

Intercontinental Championship Cody Rhodes .v. Dustin Rhodes.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 6:49 am

That card looks very good. If they go with those matches, this could be one of the best Wrestlemania's in recent years.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:11 am

It's a very solid show and no mistake
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 7:43 am

Oh, and if it doesn't happen before once Daniel Bryan loses his title, then inevitably Big Show .v. Bryan at some point. As I say though, I am expecting that sooner.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 8:15 am

Like next week on Smackdown? They've announced it for then, funnily enough.

Also it couldn't be anybody BUT Jericho.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 31, 2011 10:10 am

Have they? I only saw the opening 20 minutes of Smackdown this week (The Booker/Cody/Dustin bit).
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:51 am

Last night I had a dream I was competing at WrestleMania in a tag team match (it was WM24 in my dream), quite up the card. It was about 2 hours in when I was scheduled to go on. The initials for my tag team were A. L. O. but I can't remember what it stood for. I also remember sat in the back next to Vince McMahon at one point trying to text Dave to say "guess where I am, what I'm watching and who I'm watching it with".

I also remember walking around backstage, bumping into Scott Steiner who was putting on some Demolition-style leather belts and bondage stuff. I said hello to him but he just stared at me. Also remember a Chris Benoit lookalike was there in the ring. And I was trying to score some dope too before my match. Eventually the whole thing got cancelled because of a fire drill and the last thing I remember was walking out of the place in some blue trunks thinking "fuck, I'm meant to be wrestling at WrestleMania but I don't even know how to wrestle!"

This was my NYE dream
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 7:53 am

Oh and I remember asking my partner who was going over and he said us, and even offered to let me take the roll-up pinfall. This was backstage somewhere and there were loads of people around us listening to us talking about who was going to win
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 8:51 am

You dream about Scott Steiner in bondage gear?

You really need to make a New Year resolution to do fewer drugs.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 9:06 am

To be honest though, if you were looking for drugs, Steiner would probably be your best bet.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 11:54 am

Hahahahahaha must have had Scott Steiner on the brain cos of that video Mike posted of Dustin Rhodes vs. Jeff Jarrett & Steiner. The Demolition gear I don't have an explanation for.

On topic: this is probably building up to the return of Test
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeSun Jan 01, 2012 12:14 pm

If only. Test was a great wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 11:13 am

Supposedly, a photo has emerged of Jericho at Memphis airport earlier today. He has been on Twitter denying its genuine.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:19 pm

Can we have a spoiler alert on any thread that is made which discussed the mystery wrestler, once he or she has been confirmed? I still have a couple of weeks of shows to watch, so won't be getting to the January 2nd show for a couple more days.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeMon Jan 02, 2012 1:42 pm

Will do.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 12:25 am

You can do and say whatever you like about it now, because Mike just gave it away on Facebook. Thanks for that! Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:05 am

All I'm saying is I love the coat!!! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:05 am

I don't think he was alone. My News Feed had a flood of posts this morning with te reveal. However, I'll still post in spoiler tags.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:19 am

He's the only one who's mentioned it in my news feed. I was pretty pissed off already this morning, but seeing his spoiler without any warning tipped me over the edge.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 2:29 am

Yes, as I saw from the comment you left on his feed. Shocked
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitimeTue Jan 03, 2012 5:49 am

Uh oh, Wheato's toys out the pram!! Watch out Mike!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

2 January... Empty
PostSubject: Re: 2 January...   2 January... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

2 January...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: