CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Empty
PostSubject: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 1:24 pm

"stephensonmc: We're working on the servers right now, everyone. We'll update you ASAP"

Well, it's good to know that they're attempting to do something about it.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeWed Nov 23, 2011 2:26 pm

Like I said, give them a chance o look into it.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 12:13 am

Hopefully it's teething rather than anything too bad. Like DS said there's going to be a lot of people trying at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeThu Nov 24, 2011 3:43 am

yeah it probably is. the servers fr Assassin's Creed online when that first game out was insane, seems to be ok now though
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 2:35 pm

Is there any update on the servers?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 4:26 pm

Word on the street is THQ are on the phone to a help desk in India right now. Apparently they're 3rd in the queue
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeMon Dec 19, 2011 5:40 pm

The server is VASTLY better than it was.

It works most of the time, although searches are a bit slow. But just letting the CC come up on it's own works well almost every time, and apparently matches often work well.

Still some issues, but it's sooooo much better than it was. Glad they worked so hard on getting it up.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:25 am

Quote :
Glad they worked so hard on getting it up.

hahahahahaha
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 1:34 am

classy
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 5:09 am

Ah, that's good news. I was going to have a game yesterday evening and download some CAWs, but ended up watching TV instead.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 6:02 am

The online matches have generally been OK since day 1. It was the community creations stuff which was bloody awful.

Its still not perfect, but its a lot lot better than it was. Its at least possible now to do searches, link into other stuff by the same creator, and generally browse. I'd say it works around 70% of the time now, though I have found the longer you stay on there the more unstable it gets.

I've certainly been able to download a good bunch of CAWs and arenas since they did the last update.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 8:07 am

At least it now seems to run better than the SvR11 server did. I had so many problems with the SvR11 server.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:18 am

The PS3 server wasn't so bad. Kicked me off a few times but that's it. Didn't play matches online so I couldn't comment on that
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeTue Dec 20, 2011 9:19 am

I just tried it. WOW it's incredible now.

If you let it give you the automatic ones (anything that's not a word search), search results will show up every time in less than 2 rounds (of that little thing that goes around in circles)

And word searches can only take up to 5.

I am extremely happy with the CC server, now.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 5:49 pm

I still can't do a custom search without it kicking me back to the menu. It finds the automatic ones every time, but I can't search for anything.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Yeah, custom searches where you look for keywords are still buggy.

They've mentioned it's the only thing they can't fix on their end.

A patch is coming to resolve several issues this month. That's apparently one of them.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 7:17 pm

Thank God for that. It's really frustrating, as I can't download all the CXA CAWs I want.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeFri Jan 06, 2012 8:53 pm

Just set the search definition as "Friends Only"

By the way, doing that, I noticed that David has seemingly had troubles getting some creations up on the first try. There's tons of blank and broken download attempts that show up as blank sections.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitimeSat Jan 07, 2012 3:30 am

NightStarX wrote:
Just set the search definition as "Friends Only"

By the way, doing that, I noticed that David has seemingly had troubles getting some creations up on the first try. There's tons of blank and broken download attempts that show up as blank sections.

Tried, but it still boots me. Any kind of custom search I do doesn't work.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...   Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Marcus Stephenson from THQ is checking into server issues...
Page 1 of 1