CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Empty
PostSubject: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:37 pm

Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu 17226
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 12:52 am

Four parts is good, but we need to see the options under each of those parts before we can really tell how useful it will be.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 1:46 am

Sounds promising. It's about time they overhauled the current system.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 4:13 am

Agreed.

The real mystery is what names there are.

The only official word i've been able to get from what's been being said is "It's like LOW Showdown but with not as many choices."
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:38 am

Hmm, I never played the LOW so I dunno how that works. But I have faith in THQ. I don't really mind whatever the case, when I add custom music it always drowns out the ring announcer anyway.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 6:47 am

Which reminds me. I hope the volume levels are all fixed.

They were all over the place last year, but they also said that they hired a new Audio Manager this year. so I hope this guy is better. Razz
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:12 am

The audio manager from last year's game shouldn't have got his paycheque!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 7:34 am

List of audio glitches from last year that ranged from annoying to straight-out pissing me off:

(Also, keep in mind that most of the things on this list, have their problems multiplied because when it comes to the audio in these games, there's a lot of repetition, which means that these are problems that come up over and over and over and over again, sometimes in the span of 5-10 minutes, in some cases.)

--

* Due to a misplaced numerical generator variable apparently, Smoke & Mirrors played during the menu WAY more often than it should have, making it the most grating song in the game, quickly.

* One of the production music instrumental menu tracks, played at a remarkably low volume so quiet that you could barely hear it.

* The constant, overpowering, obnoxious, booing that persists through any match with a Heel in it, making the crowd sound more like they were about to throw their concessions, food wrappers and drinks into the ring.

Whether it was the way it was recorded, or the way that several booing layers just overlapped on each other and it being louder and closer than the cheers which were low and sparse, it was so overpowering that it ruined playing many matches for me, because I couldn't shake this feeling that it wasn't Heel heat... it was "THIS MATCH SUCKS" heat.

* The bizarre airplane noise that just randomly sounds off during a match.

Y'know.. that weird thing that sounds like a plane flying overhead, that doesn't connect to any specific move or finisher, of signature or anything that sometimes plays during a match. It feels like it should have been cued up to a certain move in the game but instead it just plays whenever it feels like it, and just baffles me whenever it goes off.

* certain sound effects, like ring bumps either play 2 seconds too late sometimes, or just gets completly muted.

* Yes. You're on TV. You're shouting hi to your mother. WE GET IT. It was cute the first time. the 4th time, it's annoying. The 11th time in a match, just shut the fuck up. I'm sure your mom doesn't care nearly that much that you're "On TV."

* Elimination Chamber matches that have this glitch that causes all of the sound effects to cut out.

* The infamous speaker blowing blaring of Custom Entrance music. That was by far the worst audio glitch in the game for me.

* Certain wrestlers, will sometimes have Diva grunts and shouts when the match loads up. The Big Show should never go through a match sounding like Kelly Kelly.

* Certain commentary call names are switched around.

Most notably, "Justice" and "Kowalchik" were switched around. In every match with my character "Justice Dynamite" Micheal Cole repeatedly referred to HER with lines like "Kowalchik... twists the arm." After about 30 times of hearing that in one match, I hated Cole more than I did after Lawler vs Cole 3.

* Speaking of which... Divas constantly being announced as men. WHAT.

* In story designer, whenever you try to preview or play back your crowd sounds or segments, the audio will start cutting out, doubling over itself, getting stuck on a pass loop delay or often just won't play at all.

* Also, in Story Designer, some crowd chants are mostly inaudible, and most don't play correctly.

* Sound effects in menu's in general are balanced terribly. Many are really loud, some are way too quiet. There's no consistency, and of course, in the options all sound effects are controlled by the same SFX volume meter so there's no helping it.

* Speaking of the volume sliders, even those don't work when it comes to the mismatched volume levels between the three elements. Try as you might to mess with it, commentary will often drown out, while other sounds will pop in too loud.

* Royal Rumble custom themes will stutter and then come to an abrupt HALT. But worst of all, in a lot of Royal Rumbles, something will happen and all music will die. For the rest of the match. Nothing. Completely muted.

These problems and more with SvR11. I could keep listing them but this is enough to make the point.

I hope whoever the sound engineer for that game was, was strung up like a fish and beaten with a whip. Razz

You know how much I love this game. But the sound programming was atrocious beyond belief.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeWed Aug 17, 2011 10:56 am

I love it when Cole suddenly starts talking about someone who isn't even in the match.

Thank you for explaining the thing about smoke and mirrors. I just assumed someone on the development team had a real hard-on for Cody Rhodes.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 5:59 am

Hahaha yeah, I'll never forget that Smoke & Mirrors tune now.

Also funny is if you play as a heel against a face character off the roster, and Cole's going on about how the face has been really impressive as of late and he's got his money on the face to win, while you execute your finisher and pin him Very Happy

I'm getting keen for SD! games again... I'm gonna have a few bouts tonight I reckon.

BTW is there a release date for the game yet?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitimeThu Aug 18, 2011 6:09 am

November 22 for the US.

November 25 for the UK.

Last year you guys got it first.

This year, us yanks get it first.

Last year David and Chris both rubbed my nose in it that you got the game before me.

Rest assured I will gladly return the favor. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu   Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Screenshot of stitching together call names on the CAW menu
Page 1 of 1