List of audio glitches from last year that ranged from annoying to straight-out pissing me off:(Also, keep in mind that most of the things on this list, have their problems multiplied because when it comes to the audio in these games, there's a lot of repetition, which means that these are problems that come up over and over and over and over again, sometimes in the span of 5-10 minutes, in some cases.)
* Due to a misplaced numerical generator variable apparently, Smoke & Mirrors played during the menu WAY more often than it should have, making it the most grating song in the game, quickly.
* One of the production music instrumental menu tracks, played at a remarkably low volume so quiet that you could barely hear it.
* The constant, overpowering, obnoxious, booing that persists through any match with a Heel in it, making the crowd sound more like they were about to throw their concessions, food wrappers and drinks into the ring.
Whether it was the way it was recorded, or the way that several booing layers just overlapped on each other and it being louder and closer than the cheers which were low and sparse, it was so overpowering that it ruined playing many matches for me, because I couldn't shake this feeling that it wasn't Heel heat... it was "THIS MATCH SUCKS" heat.
* The bizarre airplane noise that just randomly sounds off during a match.
Y'know.. that weird thing that sounds like a plane flying overhead, that doesn't connect to any specific move or finisher, of signature or anything that sometimes plays during a match. It feels like it should have been cued up to a certain move in the game but instead it just plays whenever it feels like it, and just baffles me whenever it goes off.
* certain sound effects, like ring bumps either play 2 seconds too late sometimes, or just gets completly muted.
* Yes. You're on TV. You're shouting hi to your mother. WE GET IT. It was cute the first time. the 4th time, it's annoying. The 11th time in a match, just shut the fuck up. I'm sure your mom doesn't care nearly that much that you're "On TV."
* Elimination Chamber matches that have this glitch that causes all of the sound effects to cut out.
* The infamous speaker blowing blaring of Custom Entrance music. That was by far the worst audio glitch in the game for me.
* Certain wrestlers, will sometimes have Diva grunts and shouts when the match loads up. The Big Show should never go through a match sounding like Kelly Kelly.
* Certain commentary call names are switched around.
Most notably, "Justice" and "Kowalchik" were switched around. In every match with my character "Justice Dynamite" Micheal Cole repeatedly referred to HER with lines like "Kowalchik... twists the arm." After about 30 times of hearing that in one match, I hated Cole more than I did after Lawler vs Cole 3.
* Speaking of which... Divas constantly being announced as men. WHAT.
* In story designer, whenever you try to preview or play back your crowd sounds or segments, the audio will start cutting out, doubling over itself, getting stuck on a pass loop delay or often just won't play at all.
* Also, in Story Designer, some crowd chants are mostly inaudible, and most don't play correctly.
* Sound effects in menu's in general are balanced terribly. Many are really loud, some are way too quiet. There's no consistency, and of course, in the options all sound effects are controlled by the same SFX volume meter so there's no helping it.
* Speaking of the volume sliders, even those don't work when it comes to the mismatched volume levels between the three elements. Try as you might to mess with it, commentary will often drown out, while other sounds will pop in too loud.
* Royal Rumble custom themes will stutter and then come to an abrupt HALT. But worst of all, in a lot of Royal Rumbles, something will happen and all music will die. For the rest of the match. Nothing. Completely muted.
These problems and more with SvR11. I could keep listing them but this is enough to make the point.
I hope whoever the sound engineer for that game was, was strung up like a fish and beaten with a whip.
You know how much I love this game. But the sound programming was atrocious beyond belief.