Share | 

WWE Raw - 8/15/11

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   Mon Aug 15, 2011 10:48 pm

Just watched Raw.

Don't know what to think. But I did see a lot of the things that the previous conversation had, and for that i'm not sure what to think now.

And just my gut feeling that i'm getting from it.... It's Austin vs McMahon again.

And I loved that angle, so.... Yeah, I dunno. Does it need to be repeated in this day and age? Not sure. As much as I loved that, this could be seen so far as just a lazy repeat of an old story.

However, the fact that Nash's politicking was not subtle, but placed on clear display for all to see so obviously, speaks to me like it's all being played up for a clear angle, not entirely genuine. And at least I liked to see that. To me, this fued is clearly between Punk vs Triple H. Even though this is techinally going exactly how I was worried it would. With Nash being "Triple H's New Regime Enforcer".

But all I know is, security guards havn't been used in an angle this way since Austin / McMahon and that thought filled my mind completly, and suddenly, as soon as it happened. This is absoutely, 100% Austin vs McMahon. As soon as I saw the black shirts, I knew.

Clearly it's set in stone for me at this point that Triple H is playing the part of McMahon, Nash playing the part of Mankind/Test/Pat Patterson/Gerald Brisco/DX/Corporation, and Punk playing the part of Stone Cold Steve Austin.

For better or for worse, I feel it's this. A re-used idea. Whether this is unoriginal, or merely going back to the beginning of where the Attitude era was playing out.... Either way one wants to look at it, it could be either.

However, Punk wants to be the new Austin, and based on his promo cutting into Nash this week, and his continued assertion that his gimmick is anti-establishment, doing what I want and whatever I want, this just feels to me like something CM Punk wants to do just as much as management does.

On the other hand though, this is clearly a paper thin rehash of an old idea from the mid 90's being done again because it was popular then and wanting to relive that in 2011/12. So, I have mixed feelings, and a part of me is screaming that this is a lazy rehash instead of being genuinely original.

Because of that, at least, the irony of Punk saying "This is 2011, not 1994" is not lost on me.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cxauniverse.4umer.com
Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   Tue Aug 16, 2011 1:47 am

All storylines are usually re-hashes of past, successful storylines, right? I mean the nWo idea was used by Bischoff in other organisations before it was considered for WCW right? It's only a matter of time anyway. From what I understand they've had Cena on some kind of superhero pedestal for the last few years, giving off a kind of "ju wanna take me? ju need a fuckin army to take me on!" Scarface level of balls and managing to pull through.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:50 am

Exactly. Austin/McMahon was itself nothing new.

However, I think there may be more to it. The way Johnny Laryngitus met up with Nash backstage after his promo makes me wonder if he isn't actually the one who asked Nash to attack, and he's doing it to undermine Triple H.

NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:18 am

I see this going all the way up to Wrestlemania.

Triple H and Nash pulling everything they can to screw CM Punk, and Punk overcoming the odds, beating the hell out of everyone, and wrecking shit just like Austin used to do....

Every single week, going through different people, and CM Punk being arrested, locked up, put in jail, coming back, beating up people, destroying things, humilating HHH, insulting Stephanie, HHH becoming more insane and desperate to become as corrupt as the man he "replaced", and so on, until some kind of "big epic payoff" culminating in a match.

They might throw in some twists and turns, but I see it all coming down to that. I can even see Vince coming back to stake his claim in some of this.

Perhaps, some big HHH versus CM Punk for HHH's C.O.O position on the line. Maybe even Vince allying with Punk? Maybe. I can see it going that way.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cxauniverse.4umer.com
Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   Wed Aug 17, 2011 1:40 am

You can't blame them I guess. They know Austin/McMahon worked, so they'd rehash it. TBH, WWE probably have a new legion of fans that weren't around during the Attitude era and probably don't know the ins and outs of the Austin vs. Corporation storyline. As far as they're concerned this will be new edgy stuff.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   Wed Aug 17, 2011 9:37 am

Exactly my thinking. All wrestling stories tend to get rehashed and used again. This one has had enough nice little tweaks to make it fresh enough. Plus the newer fans won't know the plays.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: WWE Raw - 8/15/11   

Back to top Go down

WWE Raw - 8/15/11
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: