CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Sin Cara...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 12:58 am

I've started this here, even though it leads on from the SD roster coversation in the other section, as it's not about the game but the man. Not watching wrestling with any regularity anymore I'd heard about Sin Cara but not seen much of him. So I decided to youtube it up and find out more...

On the 'mood lighting', I like it. I also love the costume. Anything vaguely superhero like always plays well with me! I watched his finisher and that looked awesome, at least in the Mexican matches that I saw.

I wish they had gone with his previous name, Mistico. Although with it being so close to Mysterio I can understand why they changed it. Plus I like the back story they gave him about being taken in by a wrestling priest! Although one of his previous ones (Astro Boy) rocks too...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:19 am

Thing is, he's having real trouble working a WWE style match. His timing is slightly off, he sometimes botches moves, and he can't seem to gel easily with people who aren't used to his style. That's why the WWE took him off TV. Someone else played him last week. Supposedly they are working with him to tune his style.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:24 am

Having seen some of stuff from Mexico I can understand that. It'd be a shame if it didn't work for him because, like I say, he's got a lot to offer. Do you think they should have kept him off camera a bit longer and worked him in a bit better?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:25 am

Yes. He's a big star in Mexico, but a couple of months of dark matches to tune him in would have helped I think.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:27 am

Again, I can understand why they wanted to milk him straight away. Those masks, etc...they are going to sell big! But I think that's one of the problems these days. There's no time for things to work in. I was reading about the Rock yesterday. How he didn't get over first up, when he was the Blue Chipper'. These days they would probably have dumped it and moved on!

Btw, is The Rock's book worth reading?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 2:38 am

I said this before. These days Rock and Austin would both have been dumped before they ever got a chance to shine. And no, it's not really. Think you would like Regal's and the one I'm reading at the moment "sex lies and headlocks" it's a bio of Vinnie and how he built the WWE.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:19 am

Cheers. It got good fluff but I wanted a non-biased opinion. The two you mention sound good.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:24 am

Next time I see you...
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 3:26 am

Cheers Smile

Total switch of topic but last night we watched White Fang. In it there's a bar called Klondike. All I could think off was Klondike Kate. So, to show Helen who I meant, I've just brought up some pics and videos. By gods KK was a bruiser...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 5:43 am

She's on Facebook, and was still wrestling until recently. Fantastic female wrestler.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeSun Aug 14, 2011 10:29 am

Watching the stuff on youtube she could certainly teach the divas and knockouts a thing or two...
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:02 pm

Just looked up Sin Cara on Youtube. Seems like another Rey Jr.
Nice finisher though, the top rope C4 Exploder suplex.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeMon Aug 15, 2011 1:17 pm

Also known as "The Spanish Fly". Not a new move though, it's been knocking around for a while. In fact I think Burchill might even have done it a couple of times in the FWA.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 2:18 am

Ah yeah I knew it had another name. I remember watching a video of 2 blokes using it on someone else, think it might have been CZW or something. It looked brutal!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitimeTue Aug 16, 2011 4:51 am

Yup. For the name of me I can't remember the name of the sodding tag-team that used to use it!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Sin Cara... Empty
PostSubject: Re: Sin Cara...   Sin Cara... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Sin Cara...
Page 1 of 1