HomeCalendarFAQSearchMemberlistUsergroupsRegisterLog in

Share | 

Hitman: Absolution

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 11, 2011 2:15 am

Has Hitman: Absolution popped up on any of your radars? I read an article in a PS magazine the other day with some nice looking captions and a decent sounding write up. I went on gamefaqs.com (this site is my game site, I don't use any others) on the message board for the game and it had an announcement from the developers saying about some of the new additions.

From the sound of it, it's going to be more MGS than traditional Hitman, where the emphasis is placed on hiding and staying out of sight rather than getting disguises and blending in. While I don't have a problem with this as such, I'm not so sure that straying away from the original formula is going to work so well.

Hope they don't drop the ball on this one. I've been waiting 5 years for the next instalment of the franchise. I hope they don't fuck it up.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 11, 2011 4:41 am

It's certainly on my list of games to watch out for. I loved the last one. But I haven't read much about it lately.

Forza 4, Arkham City, and WWE12 are the main ones coming up that I'm interested in. Especially Forza 4.

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 11, 2011 10:35 am

Sounds interesting. Skyrim is still number one on my waiting to hit list...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 11, 2011 3:02 pm

Just today I picked up Smackdown 11 for the first time in months. Surprised I remembered the controls! Now making it my mission for Zack Ryder to win the WWE Championship.

Successfully got him ranked as number one contender for Ted Dibiase's US title belt, but no matter how many times I kicked the asses of the WWE Champ (Hawk) and number one and two contenders (Booker T and HHH) I couldn't break him into the WWE title rankings.

After a week that saw Zack beat HHH, Booker, Taker, Michaels, and Hawk in an elimination chamber match, then HHH, Booker, and Hawk in a gauntlet match, then Taker in a submission match, then win a 6 man battle royal and two elimination chamber matches on Superstars, and finally fill out guest spots in two matches on Smackdown (in which he pinned the IC and WHC champs) he was getting pissed off that he still wasn't ranked.

He finally decided to take his frustrations out on the number 10 ranked guy - Drew McIntyre. I beat that boy bloody seven ways from Sunday. That FINALLY got me ranked number 10. Now I've managed to annoy HHH and Hawk enough to be on their radar. Hawk attacked me after a match, and HHH has interfered in two of my matches. I might have HHH take the title from Hawk and then Zack take it from him.

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:34 am

I did pick up SD! '11 a few weeks ago for a quick elimination chamber which saw Steve Awesome smash through Myron Fox, Mike Rocket, David Shand and Derek Vicious then take Rob Arnold's WHC. The novelty wore off after the match though, and I went back to the PS2.

Currently replaying Scarface: The World Is Yours. This really is a shoe-in for my favourite game on the PS2. It's like GTA but better. The cop heat system is more refined and realistic (as far as GTA games go anyway) and the plot isn't actually that bad.

As for Hitman: Absolution...

http://www.gameblurb.net/news/brand-new-hitman-absolution-details-emerge/

* Game is primarily set in Chicago
* Begins with Agent 47 on the run from the Chicago police
* IO’s Glacier 2 engine supposedly offer fantastic facial animations
* Use of cover mechanics.
* Bigger focus on staying hidden, rather than staying in disguise
* Instinct mode highlights enemies and their patrols through walls, it’s powered by silent take downs
* No big scale map screen as in previous games.
* Mini map still highlights points of interest
* New threat meter is a grey circle that wavers in directions where enemies may spot 47
* There will be lots of improvised weapons players can use that are unique to each location
* Players can take hostages as human shields as in previous games
* This hostage taking prompted some complex AI patterns in the demo, with cops fanning out realistically to keep sight of the target.
* Levels will be divided into checkpoints for the first time.
* Some stages will be as large as in old Hitman games, others will be much smaller
* New structure allows for greater variety and complex set pieces, as well as story driven moments
* Having a disguise doesn’t mean you’ll be able to fool everybody
* Plot will be more personal to 47, with the Hitman knowing some of his targets.
* 47 and Diana will have new voice actors
* Hand to hand combat will be involved.
* Instinct mode increases disguise effectiveness. As cops in the demo questions 47's movements while he’s disguised as a police man, he enters instinct and uses his police radio to fool them
* Each disguise has safe spots, like a box of doughnuts for police men.
* You’ll be completely safe in that disguise for as long as you want
* New engine offers on the fly editing for AI. AI can also affect group behavior now.
* Whatever you do, the AI will react to that dynamically
* The ways crowds will be used will be different

Anyone who's played the preceding games can tell you this edition will be quite a departure from the other titles. I'm not so sure it will be for the better either. So far as I can gauge, most internet fans have been ripping it apart, although I'm reluctant to start talking shit about it until I play the final product which is out sometime next year, if this link is accurate. Besides, internet video game fan chatter is a crock of shite anyway. Me, I'm staying positive. I've found the games have got progressively better so hopefully this will be the case with Absolution.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 12, 2011 1:40 am

Why does the system keep putting huge line breaks in my messages??? :\
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 12, 2011 2:33 am

I've honestly been playing more WWE All-Stars than SvR11, lately.

I love the SvR series and i've always defended them tooth and nail to the death... but even so, I just have to admit that WWE All-Stars is just the far better game.

...but only after I wore out everything SvR11 hade to offer. Which really, is why I'm so seriously glad that WWE '12 is refining Gameplay first and foremost.

All-Stars just came along and kicked the series in the nuts so hard, that even THQ had to wake up and realize it was time to make SvR fun to play matches, again.

Even when I got back to past games like SvR2006, I can see subtly how the gameplay has gotten looser, sloppier, easier, glitchy and more disconnected, the more they've tweaked it over the years since that game, which had great controls and actually very fun to play matches, where in SvR11, aside from the wonderful simulation aspects, matches are not that fun to play, anymore.

I never truly noticed it before, but when playing them back to back, the gameplay coming apart at the seams, the more they've tacked it on, added things in, and taped the pieces back together, is more noticable in 2011 than before.

I think WWE '12 is the perfect game with the perfect new focus at the perfect time.

By the way, as far as other games out there go, there's two games I'm REALLY looking forward to, that i'm 100% POSITIVE are on my "can't wait to get" lists, that are on NO ONE ELSES list, here. Razz

Skullgirls is a great looking game I can't wait to get. And Dragonball Z Ultimate Tenkaichi, both around November.

The DBZ Tenkaichi games, for me, have been like the equivalent of the SvR series, only more related to one of my top favorite anime series. And THIS game, apparently, is the first in the series to feature the long awaited character creator.

Oh and Sonic Generations. Three games that I'm looking forward to a hell of a lot.
Back to top Go down
View user profile http://cxauniverse.4umer.com
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 12, 2011 4:53 am

All Stars is great fun to play, but there are just too few wrestlers and too few options, and after playing it so much over the last few months, I've sort of worn out its welcome. That's why I needed to go back to SD11 for a while.

I agree that some of the SD matches are less fun to play, but I've found that after a decent break I'm actually having fun with it again. Plus I need to bone up on the mechanics and options so that I can compare them to WWE12 in November.

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:32 am

I've just been checking play.com, turns out in November we got a new Saints Row game, a new Assassin's Creed and WWE '12!

Question regarding pre-order bonus characters, is there only The Rock available on pre-order or does the character you get differ with the shop you pre-order it from? It said you get codes to use, if there's more than one pre-order character or package we could just share the codes around after we've used them?
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:49 am

There is only the Rock. (And an unlock code for 2 attires for The Miz. His new "My name is AWESOME" T-shirt and a suit.)

And I like that.

Last year I had a REAL BIG PROBLEM with them having multiple DLC only avilable at different places.

Most notably because one of them I really wanted, and the store snottily informed me that they weren't honoring any such promotion, even after I insisted and they looked it up on the computer. Which then they did see they were SUPPOSED to, and then informed me they apparently weren't participating with the offer.

Now it's the same everywhere, and I appreciate that at least, since it makes the process easier. If I ever run into that problem again, now I'll just go somewhere else. Easy.

However, when it comes down to the voting on those Rock and Cena special editions....

I believe that both get you The Rock, but whichever one that gets picked (Rocky's is making an overwhelming killing in the poll, so it will be "The People's Edition"), will just come with some PHYSICAL bonus.

Like, some kind of action figure, t-shirt, or something like that, i'll bet.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 6:54 am

Personally, I want

The Cult Of Personality Edition. Very Happy

That comes with two slip-on X fist wristband pullons, a Best In The World T-Shirt, a CM Punk collectors cup, and a CM Punk Ice Cream Bar.

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

I wish such a thing existed. Sad Sad Sad Sad
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:25 am

The Great Khali special edition. No actual game inside, but you get a 7ft tall sack of shit.

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 9:56 am

What about the Jeff Hardy Special Edition, comes with half a gram of cocaine and half a bottle of vicodin.

Or the Scott Steiner Special Edition, you get the game and a smack in the mouth if you say it's shit.

Or the Fit Finlay Special Edition, comes with downloadable 2nd attire for Finlay, a can of Guinness and an Argos catalogue his mate Paddy looted from the Gloucester branch during the riots.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:03 am

Or the Kevin Nash Special Edition. One mediocre match every couple of hours but some of the best in game voice work around. Only catch, you have to £450 for it...

Or Hulk Hogan Special Edition. It's actually an old game from the 80s repackaged to make you think it's still relevant. It also bad mouths all of your other wrestling games so that it's No1...
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Thu Aug 18, 2011 11:07 am

The Owen Hart special edition: Falls off whatever high shelf you leave it on.

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:45 am

LMAO @ the Owen Hart Special Edition

I heard the Chris Benoit Special Edition comes with a fake tooth and a "They were meant to tap out!" T shirt
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:54 am

The Kurt Angle special edition - the disc is freaking broken but it still plays, dammit.

The Randy Orton special edition - it craps in your handbag while you're out

The Matt Hardy special edition - the box gains weight all the time you own it, and the game includes the ability to directly upload inane videos to Youtube.

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 2:02 am

Hahahahahahahahahahahahaha brilliant
Back to top Go down
View user profile
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:54 am

While we're getting in on this....

Zack Ryder Edition: Works really well, but doesn't display on a TV.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:30 am

Chris Jericho Edition: Is on absolutely every system, including Nintendo, Sega CD, Atari 2600, and has different features on every one.

John Bradshaw Layfield Edition: Is banned in Germany.

Vickie Guerrero Edition: Emits a terrible, high pitched noise all during game.

Kharma Edition: Comes with a free pregnancy test kit.

John Morrision Edition: Every playable character is replaced with Melina.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:44 am

Jim Cornette Edition: Plays Space Invaders instead of WWE '12. Because Space Invaders is back when games were games and it's what you should be playing. This game has too many glitches in it. Fuck this game. Minus 5 stars.

Dirt Sheets Edition: Everything you read and heard about the game ends up being completly different than what was initially reported.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:55 am

Botchamania Edition: The entire licensed soundtrack consists of tracks from NES, SNES, PS1, and Nintendo 64 games, and remixes, and the number of glitches is increased to consist of 87% of the gameplay.

Legends include Sabu, Scott Steiner, Randy Savage, Steve McMicheals, and The Iron Shiek. Includes "unbreakable Japanese table" physics.

Insane match commentary by Dusty Rhodes and Matt Stryker.

Tagline is "WWE '12!! Novemba 22!! We comin' fo' YOU nigga!!!"
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Fri Aug 19, 2011 9:36 am

Terry Funk Special Edition: Game only available on Amiga and requires 28 boot disks, but never ever crashes, and is fire-proof. Huge hit in Japan.

Scott Hall Special Edition: You find the postman slumped on your porch drinking beer while delivering the game.
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   Mon Aug 22, 2011 2:17 am

Going back to SD! '11, I was playing it last night and there are is one main gripe I have: when people interfere, on your behalf or not, it pisses me off that the screen changes and for a period of a few seconds you can't see what's going on in the ring. In some cases it can actually decide a match. Also when the animation of the kip-up ability plays the same thing happens. The extra time it gives the opponent isn't much but all they need is half a second to use their finisher. SD 3 on PS2 had it right, they had a little camera pop up on the side of the screen that showed people on the stage who then ran down to the ring. Hopefully they'll add that into WWE '12
Back to top Go down
View user profile
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hitman: Absolution   

Back to top Go down

Hitman: Absolution
View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1