CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All Stars Southern Charisma Pack

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Empty
PostSubject: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 1:08 am

Is out now as DLC. Big Boss Man, Michael Hayes, and Mark Henry

Some very nice moves and combos in there, but its a shame Boss Man appears to have his corporation music/the brawl for all theme, as opposed to his traditional "If you ever take a trip..." music.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeThu Aug 04, 2011 11:25 pm

Unfortunately I am totally out of MS points, so I will need to acquire some more before I can try them out.

But sounds good. Even though i've never been a big fan of any of those three.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:08 am

Boss Man was quality. Still never seen anyone do a back-bump like him without the souls of his feet leaving the ground.

And when Mark Hnery is in monster squash mode, I think he's pretty good.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:45 am

And Michael Hayes does the moonwalk. Nuff said Very Happy
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 2:00 am

Out of all three, I will confess I like Boss Man most. When I say I was never a big fan of these guys, I hesitated to say that about Boss Man becuase I did still like him.

He had a presence. Also, I think he was one of the best wrestlers to seamlessly transition between two major gimmicks and not lose any of what made him identifiable.

Although, to be honest, I have always been a bit more partial to Black Clad Boss Man with the black shades.

My first impression with Boss Man was that era, and even at first glance I thought to myself "This dude is hardcore. This is the kinda guy I would hate to run afoul of, because he'd just shove that nightstick up my ass if I looked at him wrong." Very Happy

I thought that was cool. He had a rather Stone Cold-ish charisma, I always thought. Ray was so underrated. Even by me, sadly. Even now, I only really, truly appreciate him that way.

Hayes is fine, but it was before my interest in wrestling.. I just never got to see him in action, but i'm sure the Freebirds were cool, and I've never liked Henry, ever. Useless tub of guts, imo.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 11:18 am

Bossman's gimmick was a good one and I think he worked best as an enforcer for bad sorts. I liked Hayes, not so much fo his wrestling as the mike stuff I saw him do.

Henry I have time for. OK, he's never going to be the best technical wrestler on the block but he's been willing to put up with some terrible gimmicks and he's certainly improved. Of course, the former of those may have been down to what it said about his contract in WrestleCrap. Apparently it was big and it was lengthy. So there was an idea that the WWE tried to get him to quit rather than pay him off. Henry, quite rightly, decided to stay and be paid lots...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitimeFri Aug 05, 2011 1:28 pm

I do think Boss Man was very underrated as a big man who could work. Even when he first came in and weighed about 360 he could still go much better than many men half his size.

PS Hayes was a very solid ring worker back int he Freebird days, and he carried with it great charisma and an ability to sell a good promo as well. The Freebirds were a great tag team, and to this day Hayes can still cut a good promo. It would do no harm for him to act in a managerial role again like he did with the Hardys. The down side he has against him is his well documented "ill judged" comments when it comes to matters of racial delicacy!

Henry went through a fairly lengthy period when he wasn't motivated and couldn't be bothered, and yes the WWE did give him gimmicks purposely designed to make him quit. But his contract was guaranteed for ten years from 1996 and so as Myron says he stuck around, ate the crap, and collected the cheque.

However, I do think in the last few years he's improved a lot and right now he really does seem as motivated as he's ever been. When that's the case I think he makes a very effective monster heel. Realistically, when he's angered up and flying, he looks like he would rip your fecking head arms off and feed them to you, and if WWE use that I certainly think he's worth having around. I think a really decent brawl between him and Sheamus will be worth seeing. Throw the ruie book out, don't book them to wrestle, just let them tear the hell out of each other.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All Stars Southern Charisma Pack   All Stars Southern Charisma Pack Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All Stars Southern Charisma Pack
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: WWE Video Games News & Discussion-
Jump to: