CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

About the new roleplays I was going to do...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

About the new roleplays I was going to do... Empty
PostSubject: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:22 am

I'm sorry that I didn't do anymore after that first one.

I really am going to try to get this new series of RP's under way. I have forgotten about them for the longest time.

In the meantime, I'm going to start re-watching some of the things that was my inspiration for what I was going to do for them, but first I want to ask something.

Who cares?

I don't mean "who cares" in the negative way, I mean literally. Who really cares and really wants to see them? I'm asking. Razz Like, i'm specifically asking the few people that I know are left on this board.

Chris, Jox, David, Myron and Steve.

Out of you five guys. How many of you guys want to see this continue? I mean, I still want to get to writing them as I said I would, but before that, i'd like an inkling of perception on if the effort would matter, and how many of you would really look forward to it, or how many are apathetic of them?

And be honest. Don't tell me what you think I wanna hear, I mean if you really don't give a rats ass about what I write, please honestly let me know. I'd like an accurate perception to know, if I do these.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 12:59 am

I'm always interested to read any writing by the people who were involved in the TXA and CXA, particularly something which continues the story, or branches off from it. I'd like to know what happened to Mike Rocket, Myron Novaar, and Chio Reto (HINT HINT CHRIS!)

So yes, I'd like to read your stuff.

But honestly, I do sometimes wish you would concentrate on fewer thing at once and actually get stuff finished. You are a great ideas man, but sometimes you lack that drive to see things through to the end, and the ideas never end up fully formed - you just get distracted and move on to the next thing. I'll admit that sometimes I hold back some enthusiasm for your projects because I do wonder if they will be fully executed.

I guess what i am saying is that yes, I definitely want to read the FULL story of what will happen next with these characters, but I don't want to read half a story of what will happen with them.

This isn't a knock - I'd rather people had ideas than not at all - but you asked me to be honest.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 1:10 am

No, no Shand... No reason to be wary about thinking i'll take that as a knock at me.... I COMPLETELY agree with you.

That is, I completely agree with you about me and my weaknesses. 100%.

It is exactly as you described. I do have serious, serious problems with these exact things. And it does cause a good deal of embarrassment and makes me feel like a failure because of them. I take 100% responsibility for this being very true of me, most of the time.

I have a very hard time finishing things, I have an immense problem with staying motivated to the end of a project, I often waver very much and I have little or no actual confidence in myself.

I spread myself extremely thin, I dream big, but have little motivation or personal conviction in the 20 things I feel like doing at any one time. It is something I really want to try and find the strength of will to overcome, but in a lot of ways I am very disapointed in myself often for being so ridiculously inconsistent.

I very much need to re-organize and strengthen up my conviction and streamline my chaotic and unreliable nature. I consider it my biggest weakness.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 5:16 am

I used to be very much like that myself. Good starter of things, great at the ideas stage, but then I let things fall away or I simply never get around to finishing them off.

I think its sometimes because part of the way in, you get hit with the scale of the task, and it seems huge, or else you can't see any "wins" for you along the way, so the motivation falls away.

What I have found helps is if you take the time to properly plan and outline the task. Don't just dive in there and start doing it, but break it down into the component parts. Plan for each of these smaller component parts, so that achieving each one feels like a small victory. That helps with the motivation, as you get a series of victories as you go.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 7:40 am

Keep going at it, Mike. See where it takes you if you feel like it's worth the time.

Also, I must apologise for not finishing my story. I'll admit I've got sidetracked with my video projects. When I'm done with my current one I'll go back to re-read my story on here so it's fresh in my mind and write up the conclusion I wanted to do months ago.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 9:52 am

I'll pretty much mirror what David said.

I'm always interested to read work from our CWA / TXA brethren. Post it up, you came out with some pretty interesting stuff in the run up to the CXA Reunion and I'd like to see more. But like Dave said, you're shite at finishing things. Maybe this could be your corner-turning "100% completed project" that will set a benchmark for your dedicated projects in the future? Razz
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 10:00 am

I'm also interested in seeing where it goes. I've got a few more in my mind which I plan to do in a few weeks. So it's always good to see anything that you lot do.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitimeTue Jul 26, 2011 4:50 pm

By the way Chris...

Should I just post a quick write-up of who at least won the final end of the last 10 minutes of the Women's Ladder Lockup Match?

Because I know the basic jist of the end result of it probably figures into your story.

You're also the only person I ended up telling of it, as well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: About the new roleplays I was going to do...   About the new roleplays I was going to do... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

About the new roleplays I was going to do...
Page 1 of 1