CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good. Empty
PostSubject: Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.   Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good. Icon_minitimeThu Jun 23, 2011 11:36 pm

When is the last time that a Smackdown vs Raw 2011 match looked this great to watch, or ultra competitive?

I still like that game, but when you watch two experts playing All-Stars for a tournament, it's clearly apparent the kind of back and forth action that WWE '12 needs.

These are masters of the game, and they make for legitimately entertaining matches. No cheap spamming, or people abusing the game, just two tournament players duking it out.

Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.   Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:20 am

It really is a great game when you get two good players. Yesterday, Matt was back home and we me up for a few games. He was using Orton, and I was using Joxide (Kofi moves, RKO finisher) and the matches were just epic. Because the RKO can be hit in the middle of other moves the level of tension going for and reversing moves was immense. The speed and flow the reverses, the double reverses, it was just great. It's why All Stars works so well.

We should have recorded the matches.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.   Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 5:37 am

Indeed.

THQ San Diego really pulled out something remarkable with this game. For as small and as limited as it is, what little it has, is packed with depth and playability.

It really set the bar for what the japanese Yukes studio has to live up to now.

I have a feeling that one of the things they aren't telling people yet is that they are also bleeding their new focus on Gameplay into online play as well.

They've gone far and beyond to introduce algorithms that detect the steady regularity of button presses per second in order to knock Turbo controllers from working in Breaking Point, and the Pin system as well. So, I have a feeling that they are trying to live up to All-Stars, becuase I think it's honestly apparent they need to, now.

I just wonder if Yukes is up to it, because in all honesty, my faith in the japanese company is slipping a bit, with all of the limitations they've hit in the past, and glitches that did everything from lock up games like SvR 2007 in the create-an-entrance, to load times in 2009 killing the game dead, forcing a reset and other such physics glitches, like the one where players sink under the ring and start twisting.

Of course, I've always said they were good games if you can get past their predication for being buggy and glitchy games, but even so, that kind of stuff does add up over time, when wrestlers still clip, and become suddenly invulnerable and so on.

It seems like they are fixing a large amount of things, but All-Stars set a bar for how matches play in the ring, that this game honestly has to really work hard to match and rise above, imo.

I mean, even though I don't play online very much at all, still, SvR games just don't work online with tournaments and playing against strangers. And hence why no one does it.

But with this All-Stars tournament showing what is really capable, and being a game that is suddenly on the level of a Street Fighter II level of Tourney and Competition I really don't think they want to lose that with any future product they make from now on.

Granted, i'm not a huge fan of playing games online, or joining tournaments or even playing games against others to win (rather than to have fun which is what I vastly prefer), but I do realize that there are a LOT of game players and wrestling fans who really feel that in this day and age of Online Multiplayer, how important it is for them to also have a game that works this well in that regard. Smile
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.   Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good. Icon_minitimeSun Jun 26, 2011 7:19 am

Yes I'm with you- I really have no interest in playing strangers online. Playing against friends to have fun, yes, but not against the ultra-competitive sociopaths that hang out on XBL. They could drop online play altogether for all I care ( though obviously the never will).

Two players in the same room is a lot of fun though, especially if you set conditions to the win (from a finish only) of if you work to set up spots between you.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.   Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Why WWE All-Star's Gameplay Is Really Really Good.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: WWE Video Games News & Discussion-
Jump to: