CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan Empty
PostSubject: Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan   Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 2:55 pm

Put the kids to bed, becuase here comes some serious hatin'.

Ultimate Warrior is primed and ready to bury Hogan from here to kingdom come... Or so he says.

What does the man have to say? Here it is. Straight from Warrior himself.

PART 1

PART 2

PART 3

PART 4

PART 5

PART 6

PART 7

PART 8
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan   Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:03 pm

Meant to watch this yesterday, but didn't have time in the end. I'll catch it during the week. However, from what I understand, most of the best bits were in the trailer he released a few weeks ago.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan   Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeSun Jun 19, 2011 11:23 pm

He makes a few great points that weren't in it.

I have my own general opinion of how this whole thing, I feel, came off sounding, but i'll wait for that until you've sat down and seen it yourself.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Warrior's shoot   Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan Icon_minitimeMon Jun 20, 2011 12:12 pm

OK, so I've had a chance to watch all the various parts now.

Overall, I don't think he said much that hadn't been rumoured, or else known, beforehand. But its the fact that he's come out and said it all directly that makes the difference. I know some people will dismiss the video as "oh that nutter's ranting again" and its true that Warrior has said some unsavoury things before now in his previous bouts of public speaking, but the fact is that none of that stuff is looney tunes ramblings. Its all straight and direct accusations. Similarly people will say "drug references/ego. Bit rich coming from a guy who used to look like him and changed his name to his gimmick". The point is of course Warrio never claimed he didn't do drugs. He makes no claims about himself - what he is commenting on is Hogan's hypocrisy and outright ability to lie. That's the point of this - breaking down that myth Hogan likes to surround his life with. Anyway, some key points:

1. Hogan was a coke fiend / high on dopamine most of the time, and got other people onto it.

Almost certainly true. Like many of the guys in pro-wrestling at the time, Hogan was a massive drug user of everything from steroids to Coke to uppers to dope to anything he could get his hands on. That isn't use, and Hogan has admitted drug use in his own books. Look at an old video of Hogan from that time, he was obviously coked out of his mind most of the time. There are also plenty of tales about guys being all but forced into alcohol and drug abuse to be accepted, so I can easily believe that as the locker room leader, Hogan encouraged it. As for him being motivated to do it to keep people down/under his control, I can well believe it. Read the books of anyone else who was around Hogan at the time and you will always hear tales of him getting in the heads of Vince or the other bookers putting people down and putting himself over. So I can believe he got people into drugs and then used that as a reason to doubt their reliability. But then he wasn't the only one doing that at the time. It was a massive back-stabbing environment in wrestling (still is) at a time when drug use was rife anyway. So he's guilty, but probably so was everyone else.

2. Hogan thought the wrestling world revolved around him and made no room for anyone else. He's desperate to feed his ego and live the gimmick

Again true, but again he wasn't the only one. Everyone guarded their spot and tried to keep others down. Having said that, we know how bad Hogan was for it. Just ask anyone who worked in WCW once he arrived. Hogan was the WWF poster boy and he did basically carry the company on his back for years. So he had a reason to think he was number one. But there is no doubt he screwed people out of their chance to rise up the rankings, and there is no doubt his ego ruined many potential match-ups and storylines. Bret Hart, Jericho, Michaels, Piper, Flair, they all tell the same story.

As for an ego and feeding it by living the gimmick, undoubtedly true. Even his entire reality show had to be worked. Hogan is never not Hogan. He's never just Terry Bollea, and his desperate attempts to carry on in the business long after he was any practical use to it are just proof of that. But then most wrestlers have egos. He's by no means the only one.

3. "Open marriage" and the nature of current partners

I can well believe this was true. Read any wrestler autobiography and its full of tales of adultery and affairs. They certainly seem to have a weird relationship.

As for the fact that both he and Linda are dating people that look like their own kids..... Well I'm not sure if Warrior was trying to suggest something truly disturbing there, but its certainly very very odd, as was Hogan's extremely over-protective approach to his daughter. Not to mention those shots of him rubbing suntan cream into her!

4. Failed business ventures and hypocrisy over them

Certainly true. Everything Hogan gets involved with is going to be awesome and amazing because he's in with it, and then as soon as it goes tits up, he parachutes out and then blames everyone else for it failing. The promotion he started in Florida, the collapse of WCW that was never the fault of his ego and the bad booking he demanded, the complete failure to turn TNA around. Everything is great while he's there, and then as soon as he's gone it was always a bag of shit and he knew it from the start.

5. Good example of how to fuck up a life / pathological liar

Yup, pretty much. Its been interesting how, as soon as his life started to be examined in more detail, the whole Hulk Hogan facade fell to its knees quicker than a $10 whore.

As for him being a liar? Well I think anyone that's followed his career and the promises he's made about what he's going to do next knows that already.

6. The reconnection with Savage

We all know Hogan lives in a fantasy world about what he's doing, who he knows, what he's got going on, the friendships and deals he has going. Is it any wonder he was lying about connecting with Savage? Its unfortunate that the timing has worked out the way it has due to the accident, or his lies would have gone the same way as all the other lies he's told over the years and would have been absorbed into the cloud of rubbish that surrounds him. Warrior has it spot on that they met up briefly some time ago, but there was no connection. Hogan did the sit down before the accident, but he's since done interviews and posts which contradict even his own bullshit. I don't think even he knows lies from truth these days.

As to Hogan contributing to Savage's marriage to Liz splitting up, that appears from all accounts to be true, but again we already knew it. Hogan admits he was in Liz's ear. From Hogan's side that was because Savage was a control freak, and I can believe Savage did go too far in keeping Liz in a cage. But then I also take Warrior's point about the nature of the backstage area at wrestling shows, and I can sort of see why. Whatever the situation, Warrior is right that it was no business of Hogan to get involved.

7. Ruined Brooke's career

I agree with this. There is no doubt that his relentless pushing of her down everyone's throats long before she had the talent sufficiently developed has basiclaly shot her bolt and ruined her credibility. Again, I think that was to feed his own ego as much as to "help" her.

8. Nick is over the edge

I think Warrior is right that Hogan never acted like Nick's father. I think he felt guilty at missing his early childhood due to being on the road and felt he needed to make that up to him by being his son's "mate"/ Footage of him at a drive in encouraging his son to chat up waitresses, buying him 12 packs of beer when he was under age, hanging out with his friends, etc. It was all pretty sad. It was like an older brother, not a father. As for their actions following the crash - well its well documented just how fucking low they sank then and just what was on their minds in spinning that situation. No need to go into it, but it pretty much proves every word about the relationship, and about the severe personality disorder they both have!

9. Hogan playing down the Warrior's importance, barely knows who he is, etc. And lying under oath during the trial

We've seen Hogan do it with other people. Its pathetic isn't it? Especially when it was Hogan who pestered Bischoff to sign Warrior to his WCW contract just so he could get his Mania 6 loss back. You can't downplay the Warrior. WWE tried and failed. He's a figure of that time. WWE still makes money off his image, his toys, his shirts, his appearance in video games. Hell they tried to get him in the Hall of Fame. Hogan sounds like an idiot when he tries to downplay him.

As for lying under oath, wouldn't be the first time. Hogan has lied in every case he's been deposed in since the steroid trials in 1991. Again, he makes himself look more and more stupid, but in his mind the gimmick and reality is so confused, he doesn't see it.

10. Bashing Edge for retiring.

You know my opinions on that. Hogan proved what a bitter and twisted asshole he truly was.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan   Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ultimate Warrior's New Epic One-Hour Shoot on Hulk Hogan
Page 1 of 1