CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper Empty
PostSubject: Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper   Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper Icon_minitimeThu Apr 28, 2011 6:41 am

Just found this on my work PC. Dates from 2002!!! I can't remember if its from the RWF or HKPW?

The next match of the night was the CEO, Paul James versus the Soul Reaper. The ring announcer told us that the commissioners have both issued edicts effectively banning any other wrestler from ringside during this contest under threat of a 90-day suspension. I guess that’s to stop the other members of the Forsaken from interfering on the Reaper’s behalf, or the faces helping out James.

“Domination” hit and Paul walked out. He wasn’t as flashy as usual, and didn’t look very happy - but then I guess if I was facing a 7’3” lunatic I wouldn’t feel to happy either, LOL ! I like this guy, I remember seeing him in the independents. He stalked down the aisle and pulled a kendo stick out from under the ring. Pretty clear he wasn’t looking for this to be a technical match.

After reading the spoilers on the Net from the last couple of shows, I thought I knew what to expect from the Forsaken’s entrance. I was wrong. You can’t describe how loud that thunder and stuff is, or how much that light hurts your eyes. It was AWESOME. I hadn’t seen the Soul Reaper in the flesh before and Jesus that guy is HUGE !! He had a slightly new look as well. The black tights now had a Forsaken logo on the back, and the legs bore a stylised image of a Japanese demon. His top half was covered by a simple black vest top, and instead of the usual gauntlets, he just had his hands and wrists wrapped in black tape.

The Reaper strode to the ring and I expected him to grab a weapon. He didn’t, he just stepped over the top rope into the ring and called the CEO on. James bolted across the ring with the kendo stick and took a swing, the Reaper just reached out AND CAUGHT THE STICK !! How the hell did he move that quick ? Paul looked as shocked as anyone, and couldn’t stop the Reaper from just ripping the stick out of his hand. The big man snapped the kendo stick in two over his knee. The CEO then decided on a more direct approach and started slamming in with punches and kicks. Paul James is fast and he managed to get an advantage. He staggered the Reaper with one shot, and followed up by landing a DDT and going for an early cover. There wasn’t even a one count before The Reaper kicked out. He actually lifted the CEO a good three feet into the air. So high in fact, Paul landed on his feet.

As the Reaper got back up, Paul tried for a suplex. No way he was getting that a one a guy so much bigger. The Reaper grabbed his legs and stood up, elevating Paul James in the process. He then walked across an press slammed him so that Paul came crashing down across the top rope and spun out of the ring. Reaper was taunting him and the CEO tried to get back in the ring, but the Reaper shoved the ref into the ropes and knocked him off the apron. It was well funny. !

Paul flew into the ring again and tried again to go toe to toe- Stupid really, because the Reaper is so much bigger. He doubled Paul over and started slamming shots into his back like sledgehammers. Then he grabbed his waist and hit a snap Powerbomb.

Paul didn’t seem that hurt and he was straight up and straight back in throwing leather. He got the initial advantage through speed, but then the Reaper started to pull back through power. The Reaper then sort of locked on a kind of half nelson, and spun The CEO around so that he could slam punches into the back of his head. Then he hooked the other arm in a full nelson and hit this amazing full nelson release back suplex. What was amazing was that the Reaper didn’t leave his feet. He just threw Paul behind him !

It looked bad for the CEO, but as the Reaper went to attack again, Paul grabbed half the kendo stick that had been left in the ring. He smashed it into the Reaper’s head, causing him to stagger toward the ropes. He followed in with more shots, and finished off his attack with a standing dropkick that sent the Reaper through the ropes. Paul then hit a hurrancanranna off the apron, which was damn impressive. He grabbed a baseball bat from under the apron and went to work on the downed Reaper, smashing a good shot into the big man’s ribs. However, the Reaper wasn’t down for long and he managed to kick out and land a good one straight on the CEO’s right kneecap. Paul staggered back and the leg was hurt.

The Reaper got back up and smashed into Paul with a lariat. After that he basically beat him around the ringside area for a couple of minutes until they reached the announce table. The Reaper hit a chokeslam on Paul and then left him lying across the table while he grabbed the ring bell. However, as he came in to attack, Paul sprung up, grabbed the monitor, and cracked it across the Reaper’s head. He fought back and landed some good shots of his own before it went back into the ring. Paul grabbed a chair from outside as it did, and used it to good effect. He then downed the Reaper with a pulling piledriver and went to the top rope.

Paul landed his trademark 450 splash and we thought it might actually be over. But the Reaper kicked out at two. As he got up though, Paul was in the corner tuning up the band !! Sweet Chin Music baby and……He caught it !! The Reaper caught it !! The big man then hit this incredible dragon screw leg whip. With the CEO in trouble, the Reaper scooped him up and hooked him for a suplex. He turned this into his finisher, the Tortured soul Screwdriver piledriver, and smashed the CEO straight down onto the chair that Paul had dropped. The CEO was busted wide open, the blood was running out of him. Reaper didn’t go for the cover though. He grabbed a microphone and hauled Paul to his feet. Holding him up, he told the CEO

“How does it feel Paul? How does it feel to know that your time is running out ? How does it feel when you can see your life slipping through your fingers? Your grip on power failing as your hands become greasy with the sweat of fear ? Do you weep as your ivory towers crumble? What’s it like to see your blood on the floor of this ring and know that crimson that coats your face now is just a taste ? That this trickle will become a very raging flood, as one by one we steal your dreams and break your heroes ? How does it feel to know that history will hold you responsible for their destruction? That the carnage will be your fault? What’s it like to have your inner demons made flesh? We are the Forsaken. Now do you remember us ?”

He then let Paul slump and walked out of the ring. I guess it was a no-contest on the CEO won on a count-out.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper   Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 5:42 am

That was from HKPW. Paul and Soul Reaper had a feud there, which ended with a brutal match. Can't remember the name of the match type but it involved Reaper and Paul wrapping their hands in rope and covering the rope in broken glass. Paul got a battering, but won with outside interference.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper   Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 8:01 am

Oh I think I remember that - A taipei death match. Yes, didn't Snefix interfere on your behalf because I was feuding with him to take control of the company back?
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper   Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Paul James .v. The Soul Reaper
Page 1 of 1