CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Empty
PostSubject: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeTue Apr 26, 2011 4:58 pm

That had to have been one of the WORST, most painful, boring, godawful promos that it's ever been my misfortune to have to sit through.

How much fucking time did that eat up?

Ron has absolutely no fucking charisma, and this is the worst heel turn in decades. If you thought this man had no charisma and no place in the company as a face, then as a heel, my fucking god is he twice as bad.

That was the most rambling, inane, boring, promo I've seen. The crowd was chanting "What" louder than ever, and the crowd sounded legitimately pissed off, like they weren't giving him heel heat. This was X-Pac heat.

Worse still, he spent another 3 minutes reacting to the crowd with long pauses, obviously letting the "WHAT" chants get to him. This wasn't a scripted thing, I could tell. This was R-Truth getting pissed off for real that he was delivering a shitty heel promo and the crowd wasn't having any of it and did NOT want him to finish.

And of course, Truth wouldn't shut up. It took forever to say what he had to say, none of it had any point, and was a rambling, boring mess that barely carried off the stage he was milking his time on. His "Hey little jimmy" section was about the point where I, myself, was pleading for him to get the fuck off the stage and end this abysmal waste of time.

My god.

I mean my god.

This has to be the worst promo in the history of promos i've seen.

Y'know, I at one point throught that heel R-Truth would be a good thing. I thought that everyone was so sick of his Face persona that did the same damn thing every week, that it would be a great change if he went heel.

I was so wrong. Heel Truth is so much worse than face Truth, because now instead of just singing his stupid song nd taking his dead-air bathroom break personality back after jobbing, now, we're going to have to see THIS kind of thing every week.

Truth delivering boring, uncharismatic, painful 15 minute promos.

Please for the love of god, fire this man, WWE.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeWed Apr 27, 2011 1:04 am

Completely agree that his promos was a rambling mess, and that the best thing the WWE could do for us all would be to release him. I've never rated the guy in the ring or on the microphone.

A heel Truth could possibly work if he changed his image, stopped talking, and just went out there and attacked people. Even if he had cut a short promo saying he was done playing it up for the crowd, he might have gotten away with it, but that went on far too long without making any real point or progress.

Some people are simply not cut out to do promos, but the WWE never seems to learn - they keep giving a microphone to John Morrison for Christ sake. Just let the boy leap off things and be a bump monkey, its what he's good at. Don't let him talk.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 11:16 am

Idk, I thought It was pretty good. The only thing wrong with it was it did go on a little longer then it needed too. But other then the timing issues, I liked it. The people were just hating Truth.....hating him so bad that they were into his promo enough to do the what chants and stuff. Wich is good....they might legitimately hate him like X-Pac but heat is heat. And its way better then what other wrestlers can get.

I expect Truth to get better as time goes on.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSat Apr 30, 2011 10:42 pm

xXAwesomeOneXx wrote:
.they might legitimately hate him like X-Pac but heat is heat. And its way better then what other wrestlers can get.

I will give you that much. There's heels that the crowd hates... Heels the crowd LOVES to hate... and then there's guys like Drew McIntyre.

They might as well change his entrance theme song to the sound of crickets.

He might be really good in the ring at selling and putting other guys over. But ring talent aside, no one fucking cares about Drew. One way OR the other.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:00 am

Yup, Drew is basically just a nowhere man in the company. The worst reaction any wrestler can get is complete apathy, and that is precisely what he generates. People don't hate him, they just mildly dislike him and can't be bothered with him.

It's telling that even the UK fans, who will usually pop for Brit wrestlers when they appear, and cheered Barrett despite him being a heel, pretty much ignored Drew.

R Truth n the other hand, people would like to see get hit with a fucking bus.

BTW- My username change. I've done it because I'm done with character writing on efeds. The upcoming follow-up piece will be the end. But obviously I still want to hang out on here and talk crap with the rest of you!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 12:34 am

I also took the opportunity to look up "Mjolnir".

Norse for "Crushing", denotes the epicness of crushing.

Also, the mythological hammer of Thor.

Just so people know it's not a nonsense word or anything.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:29 am

TBH, with your interest in comics and stuff, I'm surprised you had to look it up. The new Avatar picture was also a clue.

I used the Marvel spelling, rather than any of the original Norse variants, as its simpler.

Its a topical name, but the origins of the word and the description of the hammer as one of the most powerful weapons in the world all seemed to fit :0)

Plus, my family name is actually Viking in origin. My family were one of the ones who invaded Scotland and settled there before the main Viking invasion of England.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 1:40 am

I got it in one, even without the pic...I know, you're shocked, aren't you! Wink I was tempted to change mine to Loki too...ha!

David, I've just edited and sent the RP back if you want to take a look Smile
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitimeSun May 01, 2011 3:01 am

Yeah, I have to sadly agree. It is disapointing that I had to look that up.

I consider myself a nerd, and it's sort of a blow to my nerd cred to not have known that. Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...   R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

R-Truth's Promo on the Draft episode of Raw...
Page 1 of 1