CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Empty
PostSubject: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 7:41 am

8 years ago, a huge project was undertaken by fans of the beat-em-up game series Streets Of Rage, for a fantastic fan game that pays loving homage to Streets Of Rage 1, 2, and 3. A fan game that takes these games and gives something a hell of a lot better than anyone thought possible.

It's taken 8 long years of work, blood, sweat, and tears to perfect this game, 100% written from the ground up, to not only live up to the classic series, but to go father than most any fan game out there could.

But now it's out. It is essentially a brand new mix and improvement of all three games plus LOADS more.

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1012

SoR 1, 2, and 3 is recreated entirely in the classic 2D Genesis style graphics and has a complete storyline with a LOT of multiple paths and brand new levels and tons of features that are also new.

Many different possible levels (based on which directions you go and what paths you select) in all that you could encounter through many different paths of making your way through 8 progressive stages that change the scenery, change the story you face, and changes the endings of which there are multiple as well.

You can mix up the paths that you take, and it's entirely possible to choose paths that not only are completely original brand new paths and stories unlike the 3 actual games, but it's also possible to take paths that MIRROR the locations and directions and stages those games take as well.

But that's not all it has.

There are also a whole bunch of options, a professionally made new remastered, remixed, intense soundtrack of 76 different songs, most all of which are reinventions or remakes of all the songs from all three original games, done in such a way that feel like the original tunes, but better. I've been able to spend 2 hours in the sound test alone, enjoying myself before playing the actual game.

BUT... there are TONS of unlockables and extras. And I mean a lot. And they are done by accumpilating points from items, money and enemies taken down playing through the game in a shop that opens after completing one path, the first time.

There are ALOT of different unlockable characters, as well as alternate versions of the main characters, but at the start of it, the latest (that they appeared) versions of Axel, Blaze, Skate, Max, Zan, and even Adam are available.

There are also unlockable cheats, and extra abilities, AS WELL AS unlockable MODES, like the battle game, boss rush, challenges, ect.

Not to mention for people that like creation, there are two unlockable modes that are an Enemy Renamer, an Enemy Pallatte customizer AND a CUSTOM LEVEL CREATOR, TOO. THAT YOU CAN SHARE. YOU CAN MAKE YOUR OWN LEVELS AND SHARE THEM.

This game is... unbelivable. You can really believe it took 8 years to make this game.

And best of all, it's FREE. And you can get it here:

http://www.bombergames.net/forum/viewtopic.php?f=8&t=1012

Seriously, if you are a fan of these games, you NEED to play this. This may very well be the greatest fan-made game ever made (besides possible Super Mario Crossover. And some people might even say this is BETTER.)

Last edited by NightStarX on Tue Apr 12, 2011 5:17 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 9:15 am

Sweeeeeeeeeeeet. I'm a massive fan of SoR2. SoR & SoR3 aren't bad but 2 is my favourite. Those remixes of the soundtrack you made are still on my old laptop somewhere!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:37 am

By the way, I agree with you wholeheartedly on the games.

SoR2 is my absolute favorite. And it also happens to be my favorite video game soundtrack of all time. Yuzo Koshiro is a fucking madman genius.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 05, 2011 11:48 am

I've been playing this since last night and I absolutely cannot stop playing.

All of the unlocks.. (well, most of them) are a hoot.

There's also tons of little easter eggs in this, too.

For instance... Beat the game once, and enter the shop. IF you are in the shop sometime between 4 and 6 in the morning (in real life... the game will determine this using your real life computer's digital clock), Blaze, who is usually awake in the shop menu, is asleep.

From there, if you don't have enough points to unlock one of the unlockables but choose to buy it anyway, (that is... select "buy" even if you don't have the points and thereby attempt to steal it) there is a small chance that you will get the unlock for free without spending points.

BUT a very good chance that you'll get caught by Blaze on the shop menu and be banned from the shop until you beat the game again, to get the number of points that amount to the item you stole. Razz

It's little easter eggs and attention to detail like that that make this game just awesome in addition to how good it is, already.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:17 pm

Sega, being a bunch of fucking assholes, have pulled the game and threatened legal bullshit whatever over it. So it's hard to get now.

They do this because Sega are insanely jealous cunts that get a stick up their ass about some talented individuals actually making a better product with an IP sega cares fuck all about and can't do anything new with to save their lives.

It's insulting, and degrading to the heartfelt and wonderful work that went into this remarkable fan game, that deserves so much better than the treatment it's gotten.

Because of this, I'm currently uploading the game and will be posting a link here again for anyone that hasn't gotten to play this game, or havn't tried it yet because those assholes killed 8 years of work, on something that they themselves even gave explicit permission to.

I'll update this post with a link soon as I can.

Because fuck Sega.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitimeTue Apr 12, 2011 5:38 pm

LINK:

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=B6DP2875

When this goes down, I may mirror it again if anyone asks. Although if this thread gets no replies, I won't.

Seriously though, try this. And share it with people if you like it. I love it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!   ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!! Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

ATTENTION all Streets Of Rage fans!!
Page 1 of 1