CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Empty
PostSubject: Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.   Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 2:19 am

From a tweet that Marcus received from a guy that was having problems with it asking for the reddem code over and over even though he already put it in:

"First, I simply redeemed my code from the booklet. Next, I kept clicking xbox live on the main menu then thats where that "attention" screen kept popping up with the 3 options (redeem, purchase, start trial) over abd over again. Finally, I simply exited to the dashboard, restarted my game then a message popped up saying I have Online Axxess. And boom! Everything is fine and dandy."

So, after you put in the online axxess code, you may need to restart that game for it to register.

...just so no one here (including me) freaks out, lol.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Empty
PostSubject: Re: Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.   Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:28 am

Is this code like an anti-piracy thing?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.   Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 3:35 am

It's basically the only way you can play online without paying $10 for the privilege.

But yeah, it's only an anti-piracy (or anti-used game which THQ wrongfully equates second-hand sales to) policy measure.... since the code is printed directly on the back of the manual, and will work unless someone else already used the code.

But it's basically a free code, so besides the obvious insulting nature of it, it's not a problem since it's free if you buy a new copy anyway.

Still, for me it's the principle of the thing, and I do think this is one element where THQ needs to grow up and admit that they can't entirely pin low sales on what they think is piracy, even if it's just good and decent people that run used game shops that they are taking this out on.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.   Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Icon_minitimeTue Oct 26, 2010 8:53 am

The guy who contacted Marcus was an idiot. Most unlock codes only work if you restart the game!

And personally, I don't have a problem with this online code thing.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.   Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away. Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Possible note about online axxess. Don't freak out if it doesn't work right away.
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: WWE Video Games News & Discussion-
Jump to: