CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

David, Chris

Go down 
+3
Julius Seizure
Faulerro
RobArnold
7 posters
AuthorMessage
RobArnold

RobArnold

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:22 pm

Just wanted to say fantastic work in the last week, have really enjoyed the series going on.

Saves me saying it in each of your individual RP's anyway!
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 4:51 pm

Thanks, man. I've been quite proud of what I've put together (when I've been motivated to do so that is).

David's indeed been busting out some excellent stuff, but we all knew that already.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:14 pm

I second that, HI 5 GUYS!!!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeWed Mar 23, 2011 5:42 pm

I completely agree that David and Chris have been outputting the maximum amount of pure unbelievable greatness in this whole thing.

Shand's writing and subtle inflections, deep conviction and emotional resonance that he always put into all of his extremely solid roleplays, and the specifically and perfectly chiseled and specifically detailed impossibly deep character of the Reaper has been every bit as chilling, satisfying, and addictive to read as ever.

And Chris... his wide, expertly crafted canon and universe of diverse and unique characters brought together in this amazing tangled story that he's been unfolding like a professionally written ongoing television or graphic novel series is pretty phenomenal in that I really really want, with every new part, to see where it's going next.

But, at the risk of sounding like a bit of a "hey, what about me?" kinda guy, don't forget that i've also been putting in some real effort of my own, too. ehe.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 2:27 am

I think there's been some good efforts all round on stuff for this show TBH.

But thanks for the compliments.

For me though, Chris has really been the standout in all of this. I've been incredibly impressed by the way he has woven Reto's story, and the manner in which he's revealed it little by little in various twists and turns. It takes a supreme amount of skill to do that. Every time I see one of his roleplays, I just want to shut everything else down and concentrate on reading it, because you know its not just something you are obliged to read, but something you are really going to enjoy.

I'm quite pleased now that we never role-played against each other competitively, because on the strength of his stuff here, he'd have kicked my ass. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 3:35 am

Not just Chris & Dave, mind, although their story has been the stand-out for me and is more than deserving of it's headline slot for Reunion.

I think we all deserve a pat on the back. Mike's back-stories for the ladder-cage match have been really good, Myron's posted continuously good roleplays too & kept the momentum for his match going, Rob's stuff has been a pleasure to read as always. I'm proud of the writing I've produced as well, a big improvement to my last efforts in TXA! Even Brummy has managed to pull out some good RP's too! Razz And let's not forget the clash of the titans, Big D vs. Ukamali!

So round of applause all round I think! I don't think I could re-join the e-fed community now but I'm glad I joined this!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:00 am

I feel the same way. I wouldn't want to go back and join an e-fed now, but I'm really pleased we got to do this.

And yes, Jox, your stuff has been excellent.

And actually a couple of the things I've done here have inspired me into stuff I might follow up with afterwards. I'd like to turn that Reggie Cyde in Vegas roleplay into a full blown story at some point.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:51 am

Make no mistake about it, I think everybody here has done a great job. We've had some wonderful stories, especially now we've had the time to tell them and there's no pressure to outdo each other. Although that said, reading one of the roleplays you guys put up does tend to inspire me to write more myself.

Jordan's immersive roleplays have been so genuine and often incredibly funny. Mike's imaginative and sometimes batshit insane stories have been really good fun to read. Myron's been weaving a wild yarn of self-discovery, as well as some real poetic and thought-provoting 'vignette' segments.

Plus Rob's been alright I suppose. Wink

Seriously though, I've enjoyed everything on here, from Matt's mysterious Warrior posts, to the ravings of a disregarded muffin. Everybody should be proud of the effort put in for this little project. It's gone remarkably well.

And David, thank you. This story wouldn't have gone anywhere if not for your desire for us to finally work together, so I'm thankful for that too. It's given me a chance to really give my all to writing again, and to work alongside you fully. We've put together quite the tale together. I look forward to posting its conclusion.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 am

Got to agree with all of this. The reason I highlighted Chris and David was because of their stuff in the last three/four days I've had more time to look at.

I've enjoyed everybody elses, especially Jordan's, found it fantastic.

I've not been too pleased about what I've been writing really, not all the time. But I'll mention that in another topic.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:51 am

I posted an RP, and it was way more awesome than anything else! Razz

Seriously though, I wish I'd been put into a match against Someone I could have competed against, because I quickly realised my time would have been wasted if I'd attempted to RP against OC. Shame really, but that's just the way it goes sometimes.

Everyone who has been RPing for the reunion show, has RPed brilliantly. You should all feel proud of your RPs and the stories they told, because there's some great stories on here that'll come to a head at the show. Can't wait to read the results.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:09 am

it is a shame that some of the people who wer eso enthusiastic early on then faded and way and couldn't be bothered anymore, and that as a result you didn't manage to get a proper match or angle to play off.

That's the only real let-down for me over this show, because I know you were into the idea.

But I promise you will be part of the show in some way Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 8:13 am

I don't know what to think about your inclusion of one of my characters in the show. I'm excited, but nervous at the same time. I have no idea what you have planned, or who you're using. I wish this show was up already, to ease my nerves lol.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:28 am

Who said it would just be ONE of your characters?
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 10:53 am

I heard on the grapevine it's the Frayed Ends, the Hunt brothers, Dominus & Jason vs. Ukamali

he dint teak 2 kindely 2 havvin his rps congrachulatered!!11one
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:01 pm

I'd like to take the time here to preemptively take back what I said about myself having "done some good work too." so I can save myself a measure of embarrassment on Friday night when it becomes clear just how far overreaching I really was and how terribly I've failed at my intent.

The match I spent all this time building up that i'm writing is actually coming across miserably, and rapidly going downhill and crashing in flames, now.

30% in, and it's just looking horrid, poorly written, and as if it's coming across as incredibly forced, and I'm spending way more time, constantly going back though the completed 30% and re-writing, sticking new things in, re-ranging what i've written, and trying to salvage what's there, which isn't working.

So what I have done is absolutely horrible, and spending more time correcting it (which isn't working) than I can be on getting it even completed.

So yeah, good work everyone. Except me. I wanted to think that I was doing a good job too, but the truth is that i'm actually doing the worst.

I'm suddenly smacked in the face with the realization that i'm the one who is, right now, epically fucking everything up.

Last edited by NightStarX on Thu Mar 24, 2011 4:33 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 4:31 pm

NightStarX wrote:
So yeah, good work everyone. Except me. I wanted to think that I was doing a good job too, but the truth is that i'm actually doing the worst.

Second from worst.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 6:41 pm

Hey. I have an idea of how to salvage this fiasco, although I admit this is FAR from ideal... and will look terrible.... but...

When the show is due...

Is it ok, if I take what I have written for that match and include it up to that point, and then state at the end, in bold letters, a short disclaimer that there are technical temporary problems?

...and that in the next day or two, the match will be appended into the show later, and also available in it's own thread afterwards?

I know it makes things look stupid, but I can just scrape up my dignity and post the unfinished match up to the point I have finished, and append it later?
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:01 pm

OR

If its really notcoming on so well,delay the show by a day or two? Its not the end of the world.
Back to top Go down
Jacks

Jacks

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:26 pm

At the risk of being a newb.. affraid

I agree with Rob here- if it's causing you that much bellyache, and if you're worried it'll turn out bad, then what's a day or two for a well-rounded conclusion?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:29 pm

I agree with the newb, whoever he or she may be.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:45 pm

Close personal friend of Chris.

You can completely 100% trust this person. Don't worry, guys. Smile
Back to top Go down
Jacks

Jacks

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 7:48 pm

lonewolfshanehunt wrote:
I agree with the newb, whoever he or she may be.

Androgynous username strikes again. Cool

ahem- I'm Jackie, I cohabit with Reto (the real one, that is.. don't shoot me Melanie), and have been lurking here a lot reading roleplays. Never seen a roleplay quite like this one. Really loving the story that's going on here, it's getting truly intense and you guys write amazingly well. (I've still so much left to read, only just started following this thing a few weeks ago..!)

And I'll keep poking Mike until he does his homework. Razz just kidding Mike, you'll be fine.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 9:26 pm

I'd love to extend it just a little more... alas, Shand is the one mostly running the show, and I think the deadline he put of Saturday 26, is a pretty fair one, after the show was already delayed twice.

The Reunion itself, with everyone else's great work shouldn't have to suffer just because I still suck at getting things done. Razz
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeThu Mar 24, 2011 11:57 pm

Well, the reason I put the deadline on was partly to focus people, but also because i need to spend this weekend stitching the show together as I can't do it next weekend.

However, I would rather post a complete show, and have Mike alive to read it rather than killing himself of stress, so what I suggest is this: The rest of you get your stuff to me as planned. I'll then put the show together this weekend, leaving a gap for the womens' match. It can then sit there until early next week when Mike is ready, and then we slot the match in.

No one needs to feel bad or beat themselves up. Maybe some ideas were overly ambitious, but that's better than having no enthusiasm at all. The beauty of this thing is that it's a moveable feast: it happens when the story is ready. We're just about there, so one last push.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 12:19 am

Thanks.

By the way, I've actually gotten back into writing it and I feel slightly better and am right now, at this very second, making some good progress back.

I am now chugging forward with some momentum at it with a clear head, for what it's worth. I took a nap and I feel more refreshed, and am feeling more positive than I was, before.

I've erased and re-written the sections I had fault with with things that I feel are working now, and am going ahead with the match, which looks better than it did earlier today, so i'm at the point where it's progressing again.

I was maybe going to also suggest sending me the stuff if it was a few days late as to where David was too busy to combine the show, and I could put it together if it was completed at a time he isn't here...

But this idea David brings up might work just as well, because I really don't think the whole show should be delayed on my account, either way.

Especially since as the admin, I can edit other people's posts if need be, including the post with the show itself in it, so I can always stick in the match into the finished show at the very second i'm done with it that way as well, possibly.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitimeFri Mar 25, 2011 1:59 am

Well, there are a few things I want to do and a few surprises I want to add along the way, so I'd rather it came to me and I'll do the stitching.

And don't worry about the delay, its not a problem. As I say, I'd rather just post the whole show some time next week when its complete, and have something where it runs through consistently.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

David, Chris Empty
PostSubject: Re: David, Chris   David, Chris Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

David, Chris
Page 1 of 1