CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Guess what I just got?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

Guess what I just got? Empty
PostSubject: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 5:35 am

GLASTONBURY TICKET!!!!!!!! WOO HOO!!!

flower rendeer alien affraid drunken sunny farao

Unfortunately the headliners are a bag of shit (Beyonce, U2 & Coldplay) but there's so much to see and do there it doesn't even matter
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:19 am

Oh, I was going to take a guess and say chlamydia...
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 6:41 am

I was going for herpes.

I'm really dissapointed that the Greenwich beer and jazz festival isn't on this year. I really enjoyed it last year. Its the sort of festival that doesn't attract the pissed up druggie student crowd, and the bands (Hayseed Dixie and the Fun Loving Criminals) were excellent.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:16 am

I was going for herpes actually. Or a new gimp.

I didn't go to Glasto last year, after going from 05-09 I just fancied a break from it, with no festival in 2012 (to avoid any clash/divide attention from the olyimpics) I'll head back in 2013.

I do enjoy Glastonbury because it's not just a music festival, it's almost a mini-holiday and a micro community. I mean it attracts about 250,000 punters, performers and staff combined, it's like a mini city for a week.

Not too fussed on the line up this year. Still say the best I've been to was either 05 or 09.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:34 am

Yeah Rob you got it. It is just like a small short-term community. It is like a holiday. To me at least! I don't understand why people get so fucked out of their brain they don't know what's going on though. Assuming you go Wednesday - Sunday that's £40 a day, wasted if you can't remember going. You may as well not bother going at all!

I must say I do love the whole vibe of the place. Very chilled out, everyone just havin' a good time. And also that you can walk around anywhere with a joint hanging out your mouth and no one gives a shit.

Agree with '09 being the best one I been to. I only been to 08, 09 & 10 though.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 7:54 am

05 Was my first as I said, and it was pretty good, I had exams so didn't get caught in all the rain issues they had and the Friday-Sunday was great weather, there were a lot of good bands coming through at the time that featured. Bands like Kaiser Chiefs, Keane, Zutons, Coldplay (Even though I'm not a fan) and The Killers all played, it was very Indie, but enjoyable.

07 was horrendous, couple good acts though generally was horrible weather.

09 was great, I got the mix of drinking, relaxing, and watching acts just right all week, couldn't have asked for more, plus the weather was gorgeous. Only downside was I had to pop home on the Friday because my parents wanted me to view a house! Still, meant I got a shower!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeThu Mar 17, 2011 8:43 am

I think the weather last year was the best. It didn't rain once and was boiling throughout. So much dust and mud flying around though! I walked around during the day with no shirt on so I could get a tan, which turned out to be all dirt and mud dust that washed off in the shower! I was also really surprised I didn't get sunstroke or something, that sun was intense.
Back to top Go down
RobArnold

RobArnold

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 2:50 am

I thought last year was too hot. Made me glad i wasn't there to be honest! That and the line up was pants, though that's not the reason why I didn't go.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitimeFri Mar 18, 2011 3:08 am

I'll keep going to the festival regardless of the lineup. There's something there for everyone. I only watched Gorillaz out of the 3 main headliners last year. I won't watch any of them this year. Primal Scream are headlining Other Stage at the time U2 are playing so I'll be well clear of Bono and co.

The heat was intense last year. I enjoyed it though, as long as you take it easy on the booze. Proper weather!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guess what I just got?   Guess what I just got? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guess what I just got?
Page 1 of 1