CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/

Go down 
+2
Julius Seizure
NightStarX
6 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Empty
PostSubject: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 12:43 pm

I know this is totally one of those blameless situations... (Well, not totally. We can blame Microsoft for this.) but yeah. PS3 has the Nitro pack.... and we (Shand, Myself, Shane, Everyone here exclusing Joxide) don't.

That kind of annoys me on a few levels. The first of course being "When's going to be our turn then? How come it's not on 360?!"

But the second because I'm actually going to be taking my 360 to my parents house for me and my brother to mess with, and I really would like to have had the Nitro arena to take with me when I do, tomorrow.

So it's annoying. Why can't they schedule these things for the same time? And by "they" I mean Microsoft, not THQ because I know it's not THQ's call and when it comes to DLC and their release, it's Microsoft and Sony that tell them what to do and when they feel like making it available on their service. But this kind of disparity is kind of annoying, nonetheless.

Bleh.

By the way, Joxide.. you can feel free to rub it in our face now, I suppose. lol You have this whole week at least to get it in, so make the best of it. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:26 pm

Ahhh I wish. It's not available yet unfortunately Sad

Besides, I'm away all weekend so wouldn't be able to rinse it anyway.

Hope it fucking well hurries up!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 2:57 pm

HAHA!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:13 pm

Well lets just get the facts right. The US PS3 store has the download. The UK and other markets don't.

And its actually supposedly a mistake. Someone released the content early in the US. Everything was supposed to come out next week - PS3 and 360, both sides of the Atlantic. Its not a deliberate imbalance or one market or console being favoured over another or anything. Its simply a screw-up.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeThu Feb 10, 2011 3:38 pm

Ohhhhh.

I see, ok then.

Well, I still wish I had it right now. Razz Since I have to head over to my parents house tomorrow and i'm bringing the 360 with me. But meh.

At least I get my Nitro action on next week.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am

Sometimes error happen, it's best just to move on and await the shiney at the end!
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:19 am

Sometimes error happen, it's best just to move on and await the shiney at the end!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:53 am

Sometimes errors happen - like posting twice for example.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 12:58 am

I'll be waiting patiently for my WCW arena.

I'll be waiting patiently for my WCW arena.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:16 am

Why did WCW have such a long walkway between the entrance ramp and the ring? Was there a reason for it?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 3:34 am

It was so they could fit Hogan's ego on it.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 4:54 am

Hahahahaha! Laughing

He's America-aaa-aaaan.... maaa-aaaaaaaaaaaade
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:07 am

THE DEBATE MUST NOW BE HAD.

Which is a better song?

"Real American" or "American Made"? GO.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:16 am

Real American. I just think it's instantly recognisable as his theme, because he was in the bigger and more widely watched wrestling federation when he had that theme.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:19 am

I agree with that.

To me, Real American actually has transcended it's corniness and has become accepted and perfectly iconic in it's tone and it's lyrics, while American Made still remains just that; a cheeseball and corny factor it just hasn't managed to grow from.

I think this is also due to the fact that Rick Derringer is a wayyyy better singer than the dorky voice in American Made, which still sounds like a B-grade parody, almost.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:22 am

Pretty sure he used Real American for longer too.

That and it got used in DBZ Abridged and everybody recognised it. Wink
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:23 am

See! I say much cleverererer things than Pilkington!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:25 am

COMPARISON:

Real American

American Made

Now that I think about it, American Made sounds like Van Halen on crack. :/

...And even the pictures chosen for these two videos illustrate the diference, clearly.

Grimicing With Flag Over His Shoulder Hogan versus Spaghetti With A Spoon With A Chef Hat Hogan.

Perfect metaphor.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 5:29 am

Before even playing either of them, you can see that American Made is more cheesey. Look at him! What a twat.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:24 am

American Made is way better!

I had an old WCW VHS of the best matches of Great American Bash & Bash at the Beach and one of the matches was Hulk Hogan's return against flair for the World title. When American Made started playing everyone was going absolutely bananas, it did a pan of the crowd as they all rose to their feet as one, then Hulk came out followed by Mr. T with Bobby Heenan shouting "HE'S BAAAACK!!!" from the announce table. That song just made it so epic. Being there would have been insane.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:32 am

It would have been even more insane if Real American started playing! Razz
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 6:56 am

Naaaaahhhhhh no chance!

I'd have loved to be there. That would have been as good as Undertaker returning WM... 20 was it? or 17? Where he faced Kane and came out with the druids. The same one where Lesnar and Shitberg had an awful match and Benoit won the world title.
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 8:23 am

Who won the World Title? I don't remember anything like that. All I recall is Triple H taking on Shawn Michaels. Cool
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:46 am

Goldberg and Lesnar, my god. I once toyed about with doing a "Top 10 WORST Wrestlemania Moments" and that was definitely going to be up there if not #1.

Many people still, to this day believe that they were actively trying to sabotage the show with that massive 20 minute staredown. I think they almost succeeded.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:49 am

Well, of course, some of us WERE there when the Undertaker returned with the Druids, and when Triple H and Shawn Michaels had a match with an invisible opponent.

Oh, and I actually really like American Made, but I'm using it on the game for the Cyde Brothers, so Hogan gets Real American.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:50 am

But it was actually an epic moment because the sheer level of hatred in the arena was something you had to be there to experience. It never comes across as well on DVD - mainly because the WWE actually edited the sound on the DVD release to remove many of the crowd chants, and reduce the level of the booing. It was INSANE inside MSG that night.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 9:57 am

I love both themes, but Real American is the Hogan theme I marked out to when I was little so it's got to be my favourite.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:03 am

Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Screenshot2011-02-11at165938

Here's me at Wrestlemania 20 - circled above Randy Orton's arm, and holding a camera.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:07 am

Was that the GB section?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:13 am

Well actually there were quite a few Brits in that section - I think because we'd all booked the official WWE package.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeFri Feb 11, 2011 10:22 am

I just imagined you being the only Brit in that section. The reason that other bloke is holding the British flag is because you asked him to while you took a picture. Random I know, but that's the way my head works.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 3:27 am

So does Benoit feature on any WWE DVD's now or do they skip his matches? Or just colour his whole body in black on every frame of his matches? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitimeTue Feb 15, 2011 5:13 am

They withdrew his DVD from sale, and I believe on new releases they will avoid using as much footage of him as they can, but they do still bring out DVDs with him in them. I believe there is a Benoit/Jericho match on the new Jericho DVD
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/   Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/ Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Playstation 3's got the Nitro pack already. :/
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: WWE Video Games News & Discussion-
Jump to: