CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

I need your help...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

I need your help... Empty
PostSubject: I need your help...   I need your help... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:05 pm

OK. I know I did my move set the other day but I was doing some idle reading at work, from Final Fantasy 7, and I came across Angael Hawley's moves on the game. They are based on the Seven Deadly Sins. "I like that, I thought" and, given the nature of the promos I'm cutting I thought I'd do something along those lines. A bunch of siganture moves with Wrath being my finisher.

So here's what I need - suggestions for what moves would match the following:

Unleashed Wrath (???)
End of Gluttony (I was thinking maybe something Gut based...)
Wings of Pride (Angel's Wings?)
Charge of Greed (A spear?)
Thunder of Envy (Rolling Thunder?)
Defense of Lust (Er...)
Rage of Sloth (some sort of Sleeper...)

Any ideas?
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: I need your help...   I need your help... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 1:34 pm

Sounds like a good idea. Reminds me of Raven's old, rejected "seven sins" gimmick.

Here's my thoughts...

Unleashed Wrath - It would have to be a particularly vicious move to match the 'wrath' concept. A barrage of punches after a takedown, maybe?
EDIT: Actually, since this is meant to be a finisher, it'd have to be more impactful. A brainbuster where he drops the opponent on the head? A really sick crucifix powerbomb? Or maybe a jumping piledriver, since it's so taboo in wrestling now? Something of the like.

End of Gluttony - If you're looking for something gut-based, I always loved Jamie Noble's gutbuster: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vSc3FtFBzuk

Wings of Pride - Angels Wings isn't a bad idea, though I think Dominus uses it. You could go with an aerial-based move with a name like that, perhaps a swandive-type attack?

Charge of Greed - A spear could work, though something more speed-based might suit My-Ron better, like JTG's 'Shout Out': https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kdNNRKCb8bs

Thunder of Envy - Maybe try to be a bit more creative with the move here, and a big 'thunderous' strike could do the job. :p

Defense of Lust - Viscagra! Okay, not really. Could be move that draws focus to My-Ron's body to inspire lust in fans, like a Torture Rack... though that's more of a heavyweight move.

Rage of Sloth - Sleeper is good for this, though maybe try a variation like a dragon sleeper, or buffalo sleeper (despite not being in SvR).
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: I need your help...   I need your help... Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:59 pm

Nice Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: I need your help...   I need your help... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:10 am

Unleashed Wrath = Poison Mist into the Twisted Fate or, as Chris suggests, something like a jumping piledriver. How about a jumping cradle tomebstone? Only thing is, being 225, My-Ron couldn't hit it on anyone that much bigger than him.

End of Gluttony = The Noble Gutbuster is a nice move

Wings of Pride = Angels Wings, Chickenwing crossface submission, double chicken wing into facebuster?

Charge of Greed = How about a rolling cannonball into the corner, or a runninga cannonball heel kick

Thunder of Envy = Fire Thunder Driver I would have thought

Defense of Lust = Vampire KISS superkick!!!

Rage of Sloth = Million Dollar Dream (as its a move Shand uses, it could tie into his background - you could actually use this for Greed as well if it wasn't "charge")
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: I need your help...   I need your help... Icon_minitimeThu Feb 03, 2011 1:17 am

DS - as always, nice suggestions. Smile I'm giving a slight bit of artistic licence to his strength level. Dick Grayson is billed at 5'10" and 175 pounds.

On his bit it says "He is one of the strongest non-metas on Earth. Although he relies on his speed more than his strength, he has shown remarkable strength throughout his career, though not as great as Batman's. He has dented and nearly ripped through steel with a single kick, defeated KGBeast physically, managed to knock down Blockbuster with a blow, punched the meta-human Barry Pierce through a concrete wall, and supported nearly 1000 lbs. of rubble when attempting to save people from a burning building." I've been using Grayson as a sort of template, style wise. That said, I'm not going to make him too strong as speed is his tool. So I think the Poison Mist into the Twisted Fate makes more sense.

If anybody else has got any suggestions, feel free. I'll pick which I'm going to use in the next day or two and then get a final template up on the board. Smile

Thanks again giys Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: I need your help...   I need your help... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

I need your help...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: