CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Infinity Blade (iPad edition)

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Empty
PostSubject: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:03 am

Not a review as such (hence me putting it here rather than the review section) but more an observation.

Idly flicking through the app store on the IPA last night, I decided to download Infinity Blade, a hack and slash sword and sorcery RPG/combat game. The premise seems to be that you are the son of some previous warrior who was killed by an evil immortal overlord in possession of a magical sword. So now you do battle with various huge feck off warriors in a bid to improve your character's skills and I assume eventually exact revenge. You buy armour and weapons and magic along the way.

Reason I am commenting on it are two fold. Firstly the thing looks AMAZING. Remember it's running on a portable device, but the graphics would do the PS3 or 360 proud. I know there's no reason why the iPad shouldn't push big graphics, but you don't really expect them to be this good. Lush backdrops, smooth animation, real sense of scale, it's excellent. Second are the controls. The game makes brilliant use of the touchscreen for combat controls. Swipes, taps, drags, and gestures all do different things to make fights really feel like fights. It's a fantastic example of how to use touch screen technology.

If you know anyone who has an iPad, tell them to check the game out.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 2:10 am

Funny enough I read in the Metro yesterday this was one of the top listed games available for iProducts. It's out on the iPhone for £3.49. Might get it, but if I do then I foresee not a lot of work getting done.

Some things never change Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 10:42 am

I haven't got a i-pad but you'll have to give me a look when I'm down in London.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 4:16 pm

I saw the images from the game on an iPad advert, and liked the look of it. Shame it's exclusive to Apple products. I'd love to have a go at it.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitimeTue Feb 01, 2011 11:40 pm

It does look very good, at least graphics wise. I had the same let down yesterday...saw the new Trinity Souls game. Lovely graphics, the chance to play as a half-elf and a vampire? I was sold! Then I saw it was only out for the PS3! Grrrrrrrrrr

Still, I have the Dragon Age Origins ultimate edition coming...
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitimeWed Feb 02, 2011 2:12 am

I've seen a few reviews of Infinity Blade, and it's getting very positive reviews.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Infinity Blade (iPad edition)   Infinity Blade (iPad edition) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Infinity Blade (iPad edition)
Page 1 of 1