CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WWE returns?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 7:29 am

Just a question I thought I'd ask out of curiosity really. If WWE gave you the choice to bring back a former WWE wrestler who's still actively wrestling elsewhere, who would you bring back and why?
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 am

I've picked a Top 5...the proviso would be that they would be in shape, in condition and at the top of their game. You'll understand what I mean by that as soon as you see the first two and number four...

1) Jeff Hardy. As you probably know I'm a big mark for Jeff. I've always liked his style (or the fact we both lack it, some might say!) and I'd love to see him back. Of course, I'd also like him to be fit, clean(ish) and not in trouble with the law...

2) Gangrel. I always liked Gangrel but I know he's had problems with his weight too. As to why...he's a vampire! Nuff said! Which brings me onto...

3) Kevin Thorn. I actually liked both his Moredcai and vampire gimmicks. I've gone on record as saying the fact that Vince doesn't like vamps costs him. Thorn was a decent wrestler with a good gimmick. I'd bring him back as a duo, because the tarot card bit was a winner. Look at Twilight, True Blood...vamps are deffo popular right now.

I also liked his Mordecai bit. I think they went wrong on his choice of opponents. Bob Holly? Since when as the dullest man in the WWE been a sinner? Unless it's the sin of being a bully...No, I think they should have worked him over a series of months. Eddie was a good pick with the lying, cheating and stealing. The Godfather/Val Venis would have been too. Maybe even go for the full seven sins bit, leading up to a match with Wrath...or Undertaker as he's known! The mention of seven sins leads me to...

4) Raven. Again, I just really liked his gimmick. Plus he could really work a mike, being one of the brighter and more well read of the wrestlers. I link them because I'm sure they had Raven use Heat as his own playground and did something along the lines of the sins.

5) Sting. Not sure if he's still in TNA or if him leaving was a work. Like Taker, I've followed him through different incarnations. The 'Crow' Sting is the fave but I liked him even during the surfer bit.

There you go...that's my five!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:34 am

WTF happened to Sid Vicious/Justice?

Last I heard he broke his ankle in a match with Scott Steiner at a WCW PPV and while he was recovering the company folded.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:48 am

Mantaur, TL Hopper, The Bodydonnas, Barry Horowitz, and Kurrgan.

Now, make it happen, WWE.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:59 am

Sting was never signed for WWE. You are a lyer, and Mordecai will strike you down for this sin. Razz

At the time of making this thread, I thought Gangrel would be a good wrestler to see back in WWE. He was a good worker, and if he's sorted his weight issues out, I'd gladly watch him every week.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:06 am

And Mantaur isn't active and Candido is dead! So ner!...

...actually, I got caught up in the moment and forgot that bit! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:18 am

To late to take it back. Mordecai will be round in a minute... Oh wait, he's just gotten rid of that gimmick again so you're ok.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:20 am

What is Kevin Thorne up to these days, anyway...?
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 am

He's currently making his way round yours so you, him, and Gangrel can go clubbing together.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:25 am

Damn, I'm ill or I'd be up for that!

Looking at his site it looks like he's doing the indie circuit. I know he was over here, some time ago. If he comes back I might go and see him.

And looking at his gallery he's sort of mixed the two gimmicks together. The vampire with a floor length white coat. There's also a pic of him with Gangrel. Thorn looks like he's dropped a bit of weight. Heath...well...not so much...
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:32 am

http://www.frontierelitewrestling.com/ Thorn is currently the heavyweight champion here.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:35 am

Cheers Smile
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 am

No problem. I'm good like that.

Back to on subject, I want MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR Kennedy back in WWE!

Edit: I'm interested to see what David's answer will be.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:30 am

I'll do a top five and address other people's picks, but it will be a long post, so I'll do it tomorrow when I'm on the iMac, rather than now when I'm typing this on the iPad while also watching the news ad trying to drink a coffee :0)
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 10:41 am

Damn you, making me wait! You were the person I looked forward to an answer from.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 11:18 am

It'll be worth the wait.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 1:36 pm

Right, I happen to have some time tonight, so Wheato you won't have to wait as long as you were expecting Smile

1) Steve "Sting" Borden - Now before Wheato sends Mordecai after me and jumps on me for the fact that I can't have Sting as a "return" when he has never worked for the WWE, lets just pause a minute, because technically, he did. Remember, Sting returned and worked the main event for the very last episode of Nitro, against Ric Flair. At the time, although operating with the last of its old management and on its old TV deal, WCW was owned by World Wrestling Entertainment, so everyone working that night was working for McMahon.

Now, Sting is fast approaching the end of his useful life inside the ring, but I think he can still go enough to have a short WWE run leading to a Hall of Fame induction. In fact, there continues to be a strong rumour that it might happen this year - although those rumours have been countered by what appears to be a suggestion his return to TNA is imminent. WWE have always wanted to sign Borden, and have talked to him several times about appearing, but he has always backed away. Sting versus the Undertaker is perhaps the last great "Dream Match" for the fans of the Monday Night Wars, and I would love to see it happen at some point. Plus I think Sting deserves the full Hall of Fame and 3 disc DVD treatment.

2) Brock Lesnar - This could be closer to happening than we think. Brock is apparently disillusioned with MMA now and looking for a way to make easier money, which he could easily do with a short term deal with the WWE. I think Brock had all the potential in the world to be an incredible pro wrestler. He was technically excellent, had lots of personality, and was basically a fecking moose! Few people can combine the physical gifts Brock has and the extra few years since his last WWE have given him a head better able to cope with the business. With another couple of years to season as a pro-wrestler, he really could be amongst the best out there.

3) Paul Heyman (to FCW mainly) - I think what the WWE needs right now is someone who can work with the young talent and develop characters for them which bring out their natural gifts and mask their weak points. Clearly the random gimmick generator at FCW isn't working (Husky Harris, Mike McGuillicutty, need I say more). Heyman was brilliant at doing precisely what they need someone there for. He could have an on-air role (possibly as RAW GM even) but just having him in the company to pitch ideas would be very beneficial.

4) Chris Jericho - I still think Jericho defines for me almost the blueprint for the perfect professional wrestler. A guy who can do anything from comedy babyface to serious cutting heel, from technical match to high-flying to brawling, and everything inbetween. He's a brilliant promo artist, a great wrestler, and superb at putting angles over. In fact, he'd also be an excellent fit for RAW GM.

5) John Bradshaw Layfield or Al Snow - I think the WWE commentary team needs a refresh, and I get the impression that the Lawler push is a last hurrah before he hangs up the tights and the Mic. I like the idea of having an ex wrestler there on the show, and both Snow and Layfield are great on the mic and could do an excellent job.

I could have picked others. I'd like to see The Rock back for a final match, I'd love to see Warrior inducted into the Hall of Fame, and I'd love to see Kevin Nash come in in a non-wrestling role, perhaps as the RAW GM. I'd also like to see many of the cruiserweights they released get another go with a proper Cruiserweight Division. Finally, I really want to see HHH back on our screens, but I suspect that will happen anyway before Wrestlemania.

I also didn't name several UK talent who have technically worked for the WWE through doing brief appearances on screen (Andy Simmonz) or in dark matches (Doug Williams, Nigel McGuinness etc).

I didn't go for Jeff Hardy. Even though I agree that when he was on point, Hardy was a great performer, I honestly think he may have gone a bit too far down the yellow brick road now for even a click of his ruby red slippers to bring him back to Kansas. I know I said that before in about 2003 when he seemed out of the game for good and he managed to turn it around and have a tremendous run to become WWE champion, but the Jeff Hardy of 2011 is a shell of the man he was in even 2003. Sadly I can't see a way back for him now.

However, I do admit that a part of me would still like to be proved wrong.

For the same "gone to far to come back" reasons I didn't pick guys like Raven or Jake Roberts. Both have creative minds which could produce amazing things for the WWE if they were clean and healthy, but the chances of them staying that way are extremely remote.

As for Kevin Thorne, like Myron I think the WWE wasted him and let him go too early. He was on the cusp of becoming a very good talent and the vampiric gimmick would definitely work these days if it was done in a subtler "alternative culture" kind of way. How it plays in a PG WWE would need to be considered, but I think he has the talent to make it.

Gangrel was a great gimmick - and a cool as hell entrance - but sadly he'd well past his sell by date these days. You can still see him regularly on the UK circuit.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:07 am

Like I said my picks were all about getting people back at the top, or at least near it, of their game. I agree that Raven and Hardy may have passed the point of redemption, same with Gangrel. But mine was a wishful thinking sort of deal.

Agree on Heyman. From his time as Paul E and the mobile phone I was hooked on his stuff. I thought he made a great heel in front of the camera and seemed to work well behind it.

Didn't got for Jericho as I assumed he was just off tv, not off for good. Mine were not so much people missing from the screens as people who had left. I nearly said the same about Sting but didn't know if he was still under contract when he had that last match. I guess it doesn't matter because of the fact he had a match under Vince.

Also can't fault you on JBL or Snow. JBL was always an average wrestler, skills wise, but he did come up with some fantastic out of ring stuff. The APA was genius and his JBL character was also well thought out.

The one name you mention I wouldn't go for is Brock. Now, I know that he was huge. That there still are any number of fans who would want to see him back. I also know he's done well for himself in MMA. But I was just never sold.

Like Goldberg and Lashley I just never got it. Lesnar had more talent than either of the other two but I just didn't get anything from him. I don't miss him and wouldn't rush to bring him back. But it's a very personal choice and I'm prepared to be shouted down! Smile
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:22 am

By the way, in contrast to my earlier post, my serious picks for WWE returns would be:

Shelton Benjamin, MVP, Chris Jericho, Rob Van Dam, Kaval, Paul Birchill, and Diamond Dallas Page.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:59 am

Burchill would work if he was brought in to do something more like his old FWA character, working alongside Wade Barrett perhaps. I'd love to see the WWE do a serious British heel stable similar to the one which existed in TNA. I'd even bring in Doug and Nigel.

But I gather Paul is out of the game now and working as a fireman.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:11 am

So Wheato was in such a rush for me to make my picks and yet now I have he hasn't even bothered to read and comment on them. Dunno why I bother. I feel so unloved Sad
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 11:46 am

You want Wheato love? You're a sick man, Shand, you're a sick man...
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:12 pm

I've read them, but my Internet is being so shit that by the time I've typed a reply worth reading it'll have disconnected again.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 12:43 pm

Type the reply offline in Word and cut and paste it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WWE returns? Empty
PostSubject: Re: WWE returns?   WWE returns? Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WWE returns?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: