CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

WCW/nWo Videos

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 3:58 am

3 entire years of WCW Videos. About 1,164 videos and counting. Unfortunately not starting from the start of the nWo, but beginning from Halloween Havok 1996, anyway.

Good for just sitting down and watching non-stop for a few days, for old times sake!

https://www.youtube.com/user/nWoClassics#g/u

I'll be watching this to get myself ready for the WCW Monday Nitro arena in SvR11.

Here's a tip. Go to "Uploads" and then click on "Date Added" so that it begins from the first video added.

Watch that video in the playlist and allow the video to play downwards.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 am

Nice post Mike.

During my recent cold when I had days off of work I've just been watching old WCW videos on Youtube, mostly nWo skits, so I've probably seen most of these videos. Good find though!
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:37 am

Nice post Mike.

During my recent cold when I had days off of work I've just been watching old WCW videos on Youtube, mostly nWo skits, so I've probably seen most of these videos. Good find though!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WCW/nWo Videos Empty

Excellent stuff. May have to take a look at some of these.

But Mike, I am concerned that while you are watching these videos, you are not making your own videos of the CXA, and I want to see more of those matches, dammit!
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 4:40 am

Reaper wrote:
Excellent stuff. May have to take a look at some of these.

But Mike, I am concerned that while you are watching these videos, you are not making your own videos of the CXA, and I want to see more of those matches, dammit!

You're right. I've been mostly playing GTAIV and putting it off.

Well, actually... Ive reached a point where there are two missions I can't pass, so I'll probably be quitting GTA and getting back to recording CXA on SvR11 sometime soon, instead of watching these. I don't think they'll be going anywhere. WWE doesn't seem very concerned with pulling WCW related videos off the internet.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 9:22 am

How do you unlock the WCW arena on SvR?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:33 am

You don't. You wait for the download coming in the next couple of months, just like the rest of us.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeThu Jan 13, 2011 11:42 am

Oh right, I didn't realise it hasn't even come out yet.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:12 am

Damn you Mike! I've started watching those videos, and now that's all I'll be doing for a while. That's something else to add to the list of things that distract me from RPing.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 4:35 am

As an interesting point of note... what I loved about WCW was the ongoing storyline involving it's management. A lot of that is lovingly covered and preserved here.

I always thought that as a viewer who knew nothing about the business, nor the backstage... just an impressionable teenager that took what we'd see at face value, you really cared, and wondered with bated breath every week WHAT THE FUCK was going to happen next week. You never knew.

Eric Bischoff would be in power for the longest time and then there would be problems and matches went on, and rivalries came and went, but it was a war between two factions that you were involved in from week to week, and for weeks there would be power struggles and back and forth, and nWo taking over WCW, and pushing and pulling.. hacking the website, positioning for hijacking aspects of the production, trying to take over Nitro and turn it into their product, capturing titles, it was a war that was like the eternal struggle against good and evil.

Not only that, they always booked the "evil" side in such a way, that they invited you to get on their side, to see things the way they did. So WCW had it's fans, the nWo had it's fans...

JJ Dillion would show up, and would try to remove Eric, but couldn't fire Eric, and all the while, the state of the company, the titles, and hung in the balance. Who was on whose side, the intrigue, the mindgames, the traitors and the loylists. And everything felt like it was long term, and you followed it. Or at least I did.

For the longest time, they really did succeed in milking the hell out of and making the longterm WCW vs nWo intrigue really well, and keeping audiences invested in the battle between the traditionalists and the rebellion from week to week.

That was what really set WCW apart I thought and why I stuck with it for years through the good times and bad times. Or at least until the death throes of WCW became apparent, when it started to buckle and collapse under the weight of it's own decadence, sloppy booking and terrible production decisions down the line, when they started getting drunk under the delusion that there was no tomorrow.

But yeah, for the entire latter half of the 90's WCW was my federation of choice, until about 98. And a lot of this is why.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 8:09 am

WCW is still my promotion of choice. If only it were still about. I miss Tony Schiavone telling me what's what every Friday night. If WCW came back I think I'd start watching wrestling again.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:01 am

julius seizure wrote:
WCW is still my promotion of choice. If only it were still about. I miss Tony Schiavone telling me what's what every Friday night. If WCW came back I think I'd start watching wrestling again.

It'd just be a watered down version of its former self, the same way ECW was when WWE brought it back.
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:22 am

Yeah, I know.

Let me rephrase it: I'd watch the pilot then turn it off in disgust and never watch it, and complain about it on the CXA message board Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 9:37 am

Or, we'd all complain about it on the CXA message board, then a month or so later you'd come along and revive the month old thread after all the rest of us had moved on to more current issues Wink
Back to top Go down
Julius Seizure

Julius Seizure

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeFri Jan 14, 2011 3:01 pm

Hahahaha yeah actually that sounds more accurate
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitimeSat Jan 15, 2011 1:10 am

Us? Bitch and moan? The very idea! Wink
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

WCW/nWo Videos Empty
PostSubject: Re: WCW/nWo Videos   WCW/nWo Videos Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

WCW/nWo Videos
Page 1 of 1