CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Empty
PostSubject: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:26 am

So the first inductee this year is none other than the Hertbreak Kid, Shawn Michaels.

Now, I have no problem whatsoever with Shawn being inducted into the Hall of Fame. The guy is very probably the greatest in-ring big match performer the wrestling business has ever seen. I can't honestly think of a bad PPV match he's ever had, his performances since his return in 2002 have been stellar, and he's stolen the show at the last three Wrestlemanias. From a career standpoint he was the first WWE Grand Slam champion (WWE title, IC Title, Euro Title, Tag Title) has won multiple world and WWE championships, won the Rumble, founded DX, was also a member of the nWo (despite never working for WCW) and the list goes on.

He totally deserves it, and more power to those who said he should go in......

.....However, am I alone in thinking its too soon?

Shawn only retired less than a year ago. Personally, I think people should be out of the game (or at least out of the company) for a couple of years before they are inducted.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:30 am

Perhaps, and I do agree.

But perhaps this is to show that the WWE and Shawn are serious about retiring, as because of the nature of the business and "retiring" being looked at by default by most as an empty claim. And with Shawn Micheals especially I can see why people continue to be skeptical.

I'm thinking that at least half of the reason he's being inducted, is to "put the final nail in HBK's career coffin", so to speak.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:33 am

I have to admit that I do think it's a bit soon. I agree that it could be a sign that HBK doesn'y intend to come back but I also think it's better when people are inducted after their legend has sunk in a bit. When they keep coming back it weakens it and I think that would go double for being an inductee.

That said, I think that if anybody could live with being a legend in their own lifetime it's HBK!
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 1:35 am

alfheimprince wrote:

That said, I think that if anybody could live with being a legend in their own lifetime it's HBK!

And The Undertaker. He's the only other one I could see deserving such a thing.
Back to top Go down
The OC

The OC

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 8:43 am

Shawn being inducted is an amazing thing. I, too, think its a bit early. I was actually thinking it was Shawn was the mysterious RAW GM. I'm now gonna have to make sure to go to Atlanta to make sure I see Shawn and get an autograph. Now when the Undertaker will get his spot, even I'm uncertain. Didn't Ric Flair get his Hall of Fame when he was still wrestling?
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 9:07 am

I still remain convinced that the Raw GM comes down to two people.

Micheal Cole or Triple H.

Cole, because obviously he might as well be the GM, since he's the one that does the laptop, gets all the way up there, does the glasses thing, and gets all the heat for the GM.

or Triple H because we know now that he has a WWE Managment position, the WWE has in fact, built an office for him, and they've been keeping him off TV for an oddly long amount of time. I'd be surprised if it isn't to milk the GM thing as long as possible.

It's gotta be one of those two. I'm sure.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 10:34 am

When I said the legend in his own life time I was thinking more about thinking of themselves in such a way, a bit of the ego! But, more seriously, you're right about Taker.

I've always loved both of them. Love him, hate him, you can never ignore HBK. He can work a crowd better than practically anybody. His in-ring skills matched those talents and it was usually his match that lit up the PPV.
Back to top Go down
The OC

The OC

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 12:52 pm

I know its taking the subject off the Hall of Fame but what is the deal with Triple H? Did he leave because of an injury? i know he just had yet another kid with Steph so i thought that was the reason for his absence.
Back to top Go down
xXAwesomeOneXx

xXAwesomeOneXx

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeTue Jan 11, 2011 7:45 pm

I think HBK getting inducted is great. Ive been a huge HBK mark for my whole life and seeing him on Raw again after never thinking it would happen was amazing. PLus the SCM on Del Rio was awesome as well.

I wont hold my breath but come on HBK vs Del Rio! With possible matches such as Miz vs Cena or Barret vs Taker (matches wrestlezone.com has said are the matches wwe are talking about) Mania needs an HBK match.

As for HHH, storyline wise, he was taken out by Sheamus and a lead pipe. Also....HHH just did a WWE movie. So he's been pretty busy it would seem although there are talks of him being back for Mania to take on Sheamus.
Back to top Go down
http://ncw2k7rp.proboards.com/index.cgi
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitimeWed Jan 12, 2011 1:18 am

HHH's absence was for a number of reasons which all came together at once

1) He did have an injury, and needed to take some time off to get it seen to and then rest his body for a while.

2) Steph was pregnant and he wanted to take some time to take care of the kids while she was in the late stages of the pregancy, and after the baby was born.

3) While Linda was running for office, they didn't want any direct relation of hers in high-profile on-screen role (this was also why Vince was taken out)

4) Vince was lining HHH up for an official corporate role with the company as a senior vice president and adviser, and he wanted him to concentrate on learning more of the business side, so that it would be easier to convince the rest of the WWE senior management and shareholders.

5) HHH had a movie in the works which he would have had to take some time off to film.

All the timings fitted together at once for him to have a prolonged absence.

But yes, with Sheamus winning King of the Ring and doing the whoel King gimmick, I thoroughly expect HHH to return before Wrestlemania and set up a match where he kicks the orange of Sheamus' hair.

Now, returning to the Shawn Michaels/Hall of Fame thing. Yes, they have inducted people who are still wrestling - Flair, Snuka and Lawler to name three. But in Flair's case he was retiring the following night (or so it seemed) and in the case of Lawler and Snuka they had all but retired save for the odd match (Having said that, Lawler has been superb of late). It does now look like Shawn has hung up the tights, but hes still very fresh in people's minds as a main eventer, and for that reason I think its a little soon.

But as I say, no doubt he should go in. Shawn is an amazing showman and performer. I remember a match I saw hin in at the Royal Alvert Hall against IRS. He had the crowd so tight in his hand that it was a full 15 minutes before he so much as touched IRS, and yet the crowd were having the time of their lives simply being conducted by him into booing and cheering.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)   Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Hall of Fame Clas of 2011 (RAW spoilers)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: