CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

Child of Avalon...

Go down 
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

Child of Avalon... Empty
PostSubject: Child of Avalon...   Child of Avalon... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 1:33 am

Four months ago

Coffee. Must have another coffee.

I dig into my wasitcoat and pull out the pocket watch that's hiding in there. It was a birthday present from Shand, something he picked up on one of his trips back to London. He knows of my love of Victoriana so it seemed a natural gift.

04:32am.

I've been sat at this computer for hours. I'm not even sure what time I started. I remember getting in, making myself a tuna salad and then sitting down at the computer. Everything else is, well, it's just time passing...

I think I'm onto something, though. There's an online book that suggests that Atlantis wasn't one island but a group. After the Great Disaster two islands remained. One those, Avalon, was the home to Myrradin - Merlin by his original Welsh name. Tranditionally the son of a demon and a human this text suggests that he was, like a number of people dwelling there, Homo Novus - the New Human. A mix of fey, alien and human DNA.

It fits into what I understand so far. Eons before, travellers came from another world. Long lived and unusual they soon ruled over the local humans with thier more advanced technology and powerful magics. They got those natives to build Atlantis, where they ruled, breeding with the most powerful of the locals and creating the Homo Novus bloodline.

I rub my eyes. Until now I haven't felt tired but now it seems to be creeping up on me. I lean over and shut the computer down. Slowly I drag myself up and start up the stairs towards the bedroom. But the thoughts still buzz around in my head.

Avalon. The name brings up Merlin, Arthur, Lancelot and Modred. Childhood stories given as history. Where does one begin and the other end? That's a question I've been asking myself a lot recently.

For years I've known I'm different. From childhood, where I was considered to just have string imagination, to adulthood, where people just thought of it as my showmanship. Oh, I'm a self-promoter, OK. But this is something more.

I remember some of the taunts I had about the vampire thing. I find myself rubbing my tongue along the fangs. I'd always had large teeth there but I'd got them added to. People laughed it off as just an image thing but I always knew it meant more. Like I'd said to them, what is a vampire but somebody who drinks blood? As I think about that I know the will say the same about this.

I reach my bed and simply roll onto the top, not bothering to move the sheets. I don't care. I know in m heart that I'm right, in my head that I'm on the right path.

Sleep finally catches up we me and I close my eyes. I can feel the last of my engery disappearing. As I do drift into dreams the last thing I see is a bird, covered in flames, slowly turning into an eight-pointed star...
Back to top Go down

Child of Avalon...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: CXA 2011 Event :: In-Character-
Jump to: