CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

All I want for Xmas is...

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Drogoth

Drogoth

All I want for Xmas is... Empty
PostSubject: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:23 am

So what's on everybody's Xmas list this year? I'm a simple man to please...if it's shiney, elf-y or robot-y then I'm a happy camper :) But what floats your boats...socks and smellies, anyone?
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 11:54 am

Well, after exercising incredible self-control in not buying Gran Turismo 5 on the day of release after waiting two years for it, I really hope it sitting under the tree on Dec 25th.

Aside from that, there's some odds and sods I would like to pick up, but TBH I'm not worried this year. I'll take whatever I get. I'm happy with the stuff I've bought for other people, so that's good.
Back to top Go down
https://facebook.com/david.shand
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 12:37 pm

Same here. I love buying presents so I'm happy when I know I've got something they'll really like. I'm after a few games (Castlevania|: Lords of Darkness, Dragon Age: Origins were on the list and I'll be after Fable/Force Unleashed after I've snagged the first games in those series), some books (yes, at least one involves elves...) and the odd DVD (Van Helsing, the anime) but if I get em I get em, if I don't I don't.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:13 pm

I know what I'm getting already. A pair of trainers (yes, a whole pair!). My parents got my girlfriend and I a tumble dryer, which is amazing! I'm so damn happy that I can play with a tumble dryer this christmas. Oh, the joy!
Back to top Go down
Faulerro

Faulerro

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 3:18 pm

These days I'm really not fussed, though I wouldn't mind one of many video games I neither have the money for or time to play at the moment, like Donkey Kong Country Returns, or Super Mario Galaxy 2 which I have inexplicably still yet to play.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeFri Dec 03, 2010 6:06 pm

I am honestly not expecting anything, nor particularly need anything, and I know only one person will buy anything for me.

And then I am kinda figuring it might be the Scott Pilgrim comics, and that would be just fine with me.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 10:08 am

Maybe the global recession and the lack of money around will make people more in inventive this year. Also, it might make people remember the true meaning of Xmas...the birth of Santy Claws!
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:41 pm

I think its made people shop earlier this year to spread the cost over November and December. Though possibly that's also because people who usually spend in the January sales will be doing so in December to beat the VAT price hike.

Can't say I've taken a drastically different approach this year. Scaled down a couple of things, but not much.
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSat Dec 04, 2010 3:42 pm

I've taken the same approach this year, rushing around at the last minute lol.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 12:30 am

We got most of ours in November but that was because we wanted December money to be just that - December money. We'll have a number of visits and a number of people coming to see us so it'll be useful.
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 1:55 am

Well I spent the whole of yesterday afternoon wrapping presents and stuffing them under the tree. All I could taste in my mouth afterwards was Sellotape.

Buts its done now. I can relax in the run-up to the big day.
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:18 am

I'm going to be do my overseas ones later today, get them in the post tomorrow. Then gradually get the presents wrapped over the next couple of weeks.

We also got the Xmas booze in. Sherry, White Rum, Vodka, Tia Maria, Whisky, Brandy, Port, Ginger Wine, and a bottle of Jack Daniels (the latter my special pick!). We're having a Xmas party/birthday celebration on the 18th (2 days after my birthday) so we need to be well stocked.

btw, DS, if I do come to London on Tuesday I'll bring the cards and games with me. Otherwise I'll stick them in the post
Back to top Go down
Mjolnir

Mjolnir

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 2:44 am

I sent you a Facebook message about Tuesday. But yes, I'll give you your card then as well.

I need to post the other cards off in the next couple of days.

Yes, we have the Christmas booze sorted as well. Champagne for breakfast on Christmas day, A nice bottle of vintage madeira for Christmas lunch, a bottle of Fortnum's Port for after lunch, and then the usual wines, vodka, Bombay Sapphire gin, and various other assorted stuff we always have knocking around, including the Jack in Black, obviously.

On top of all that, I also have the whiskies I brought back from Scotland in May. A bottle of Glenfarclas 105 cask strength, an 18 year old Glenfarclas, a 12 year old fine oak Macallan, a 12 year old Aberlour, and a 12 year old Old Poultleney.

That should do :0)
Back to top Go down
Drogoth

Drogoth

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:38 am

we've got to get more wine (white, red, and rose) and also the general beers. Plus a couple of bottles of Baileys. Should make the part go with a swing!
Back to top Go down
lonewolfshanehunt

lonewolfshanehunt

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 3:59 am

You're making me jealous with all this talk of alcohol. I can't really drink because I have a little boy to look after... :(
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitimeSun Dec 05, 2010 4:02 am

I, however, don't drink. So i'm not jealous at all.

More like pity, really. (/cmpunk) :p

....I'm kidding though. :p Enjoy the holidays whatever way you want.
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: All I want for Xmas is...   All I want for Xmas is... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

All I want for Xmas is...
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: