CXA Universe
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)

Go down 
AuthorMessage
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Empty
PostSubject: So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)   So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 1:21 am

I just recorded an entire DVD with all the entrances for every CAW I have, plus entrance videos from the Highlight Reel, to edit.

Problem is, after I did ALL of that, my computer doesn't recognize the DVD-R. At all.

That really makes me angry.

Currently, I'm updating every possible windows service pack and DVD related driver to see if I can fix this at all. But i'm not sure if it will. I'll mention anything if I get the problem fixed.

But if I can't, that means all the work i've been doing in the game up to this point, for this end, will be rendered meaningless.

Last edited by NightStarX on Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:44 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://cxauniverse.rpg-board.net
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Empty
PostSubject: Re: So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)   So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:09 am

Well that didn't work. At all.

I only have one other option left. And it's a long shot. And if it doesn't work, then there's absolutely nothing I can do. The whole plan of recording my game at all is ruined.
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)   So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 2:41 am

Nope.

I thought it might have been possible to connect one end of my HDMI on my laptop to the DVR recorder. That was a stupid idea. They're both output only so... absolutely nothing happens.

By the way, disc reading problems were why my previous laptop broke about a few months ago. Because it wasn't reading a disc I recorded JUST LIKE THIS, and then when I was investigating the problem the disc trey pulled right out of the PC, which disconnected it from the battery and the motherboard which fried it to a crisp.

But now I see that the problem is that these discs are bad and can't be read or recognized by a PC or Laptop.

Which makes me realize that if I hadn't even bothered with that, I never would have had to open my previous computer's disc drive, and it would never have broken off, and if I knew it was the dics's fault and not the PC's fault, I wouldn't have to bought this one, because the old one breaking could have been avoided and I wouldn't currently be paying this one off for next 17 months of my life.

So in addition to now completely realizing that all the hard work I did to set up a CXA Universe to record is now meaningless and that I won't be able to record or get ANY footage whatsoever, I know have the knowledge that my old computer breaking could have been avoided if I just realized it was the discs not reading and left well enough alone.

Uh, yeah. ......does anyone have a gun I can borrow? You'll have to pick it back up yourself, though. >_>
Back to top Go down
NightStarX
Admin
NightStarX

PostSubject: Re: So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)   So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Icon_minitimeThu Dec 02, 2010 3:42 am

WAIT A SECOND.

HOLD THE FUCKING PHONE..

You have to FINALIZE THE DISC BEFORE IT'LL WORK???!?!?!?!?!??!?!

Oh.

My.

God.

...........OF COURSE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

WHAT AN IDIOT I AM!!!

IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT IDIOT

IDIOT!!!

Idiot = ME.

So....

I just put the disc BACK into the burner, and set it to "finalize the disk". Because apparently it didn't just automatically do that on it's frickin' own, when it was done recording like I THOUGHT it should.

And now this whole time, I ruined a computer and all this time I HAD TO FINALIZE THE DISC.

Jesus fucking christ on a fruit basket platter I am a goddamn dumbass. -__-

Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)   So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So I just hit a really big snag with recording my game footage. (Locked because I am a MORON. Read the last post.)
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
CXA Universe :: Topics, Discussion, and Talk :: General Conversation-
Jump to: